PDA

View Full Version : Vietnamese Wife in Singapore

SingViet
26-08-2005, 03:56 PM
I am wondering how many bros here have vietnamese wife? I mean really married with marriage papers, not those Vietnamese Gals that call you ONG XA in Joo Chiat . Maybe we can form a VN WIFE CLUB in Singapore. :D

Eastpipper
26-08-2005, 04:32 PM
just curious,what is the purpose to form such a club? :confused:

SingViet
26-08-2005, 04:51 PM

The club will allow these vietnamese ladies and their family to get together once in a while. :D

spasticboy
26-08-2005, 05:12 PM
eh..... My wife in Vietnam.... not legally married... but hey i not play play kind hor.... just that cos got problems in singapore, still at stage of seperation with ex-wife, so not legally divorced yet, so cannot bring her over yet... like that can count bo?

CPTMiller
26-08-2005, 07:35 PM
:D
Who the chairman?

The club will allow these vietnamese ladies and their family to get together once in a while. :D

blue_swatch
26-08-2005, 09:27 PM
I qualify a not? Not vietnamese wife yet, but my gf now and if all goes well I will marry her soon :)

Rof|maoxz
26-08-2005, 09:30 PM
I qualify a not? Not vietnamese wife yet, but my gf now and if all goes well I will marry her soon :)

I guess I also chair a China Club soon. :)

Vigin Lover
26-08-2005, 09:32 PM
I guess I also chair a China Club soon. :)

Haha...looks like I going to chair a Malaysia Club soon! :P

spown04
26-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Then anyone join me as japan club,,my wife to be is japanese.

Rof|maoxz
26-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Then anyone join me as japan club,,my wife to be is japanese.

Den we form a South East Asia Club lor. :)

fleaz
26-08-2005, 10:04 PM
hi Bros,

glad to see this thread. my current situation is that my GF is a jap in Japan and she has just give birth to my son in June in japan. we are not marry both in japan and s'pore. she is single mum in jap now. im intending to bring both of them to stay permanently in s'pore. any bros here can advise in more details no how to go about doing this. i have check on ICA website but there is not much info.

cheers
fleaz

spown04
26-08-2005, 10:05 PM
then Rof|maoxz must be our CEO, becos he guided me alot...

Sha_Gua75
26-08-2005, 10:10 PM

Purpose : So all the Vietnamese Wife will meet up together and give their Ong Xa to Chiongzzzz :D

fleaz
26-08-2005, 10:13 PM

bro Rof|maoxz, will need your guidences soon also. hope u dun mind.

cheers
fleaz

Rof|maoxz
26-08-2005, 10:14 PM

Me CEO? You must be joking? I'm overated in here. :)

Rof|maoxz
26-08-2005, 10:18 PM

Izzit? I almost forgotten, how's your case already? Okie with you job? :)

SingViet
26-08-2005, 10:19 PM
hi Bros,

glad to see this thread. my current situation is that my GF is a jap in Japan and she has just give birth to my son in June in japan. we are not marry both in japan and s'pore. she is single mum in jap now. im intending to bring both of them to stay permanently in s'pore. any bros here can advise in more details no how to go about doing this. i have check on ICA website but there is not much info.

cheers
fleaz

Bro,

Wah, u will have great problem. I faced the same problem as u and till now, i am still tangling with ICA. My wife gave birth to my daughters before we were officially married. Damm a lot of problems now. U may have to go for DNA test at HSA. It will make application for citizenship for yr child easier.

SingViet
26-08-2005, 10:20 PM
eh..... My wife in Vietnam.... not legally married... but hey i not play play kind hor.... just that cos got problems in singapore, still at stage of seperation with ex-wife, so not legally divorced yet, so cannot bring her over yet... like that can count bo?

Aiyoh.. count la count la. All of us got complicated problems and cases :p

SingViet
26-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Who the chairman?

Bro,

I vote for u to be chairman.. ho bor? hehehe

SingViet
26-08-2005, 10:24 PM

I not ICA la. IF want to join, join lor. Maybe must start to ask to see Marriage papers when we meet ??? hahaha

Rof|maoxz
26-08-2005, 10:33 PM
hi Bros,

cheers
fleaz

From my POV, I guess the current solution is to get married first. Are you gg to japan in due time? Better get your marriage cert prepared. Bringing in your wife in SGP shouldn't be a problem, paperwork as usual for the long time social visit pass. Her passport, photos, birth cert, educational certs, the child birth certificate. They need to be translated into english before submittion.

As for the application for the child citizenship, I would advise you be get your name inserted in as soon as possible. If not you need to run alot of unneccessary chores like taking official oath to prove he is your son. Official document on the tested DNA from HSA. Omg, you need lots of $$ man. :(
This roughly gives you a slight heads up. If not sure den post your Qs in here.

Rof|maoxz
26-08-2005, 10:35 PM
I not ICA la. IF want to join, join lor. Maybe must start to ask to see Marriage papers when we meet ??? hahaha

Haha, we formed a foreign brides' club, how about that? :rolleyes:

fleaz
26-08-2005, 11:37 PM
From my POV, I guess the current solution is to get married first. Are you gg to japan in due time? Better get your marriage cert prepared. Bringing in your wife in SGP shouldn't be a problem, paperwork as usual for the long time social visit pass. Her passport, photos, birth cert, educational certs, the child birth certificate. They need to be translated into english before submittion.

As for the application for the child citizenship, I would advise you be get your name inserted in as soon as possible. If not you need to run alot of unneccessary chores like taking official oath to prove he is your son. Official document on the tested DNA from HSA. Omg, you need lots of $$ man. :(

man...... my son already born there in jap liao. so u mean i should get my name into my son's birth cert in jap? so i have to go there right? i think i will have to settle for the 2nd option 'If not you need to run alot of unneccessary chores like taking official oath to prove he is your son. Official document on the tested DNA from HSA.'

thanks a lot bro Rof|maoxz], any ided how much the 2nd option will be? just a rough guide will do.

meanwhile, the 'foreign brides' club' sounds good to me!!

cheers
fleaz

cyrus
26-08-2005, 11:59 PM
hi Bros,

cheers
fleaz

Think you need to get her here, make sure you have her education certificate, send for translation, this will help for getting PR. then also if possible marriage cert in JP (if any) else, she comes over as normal VISA then arrange ROM here loh ... I think that should be it ...

spown04
27-08-2005, 01:09 AM
Izzit? I almost forgotten, how's your case already? Okie with you job? :)
thanks for ur advice but manage to get a yr permit for her..so far so gd..

CPTMiller
27-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Wah.. Thank you.
But I prefer stay at member only.

Can I ask chairman/CEO have peanut salary?

Bro,

I vote for u to be chairman.. ho bor? hehehe

SingViet
27-08-2005, 07:26 AM

Bro Rof,
The old procedure is like what u have said, get married and get the father's name inserted into the birth cert of the child. When i first check with ICA several months ago, this was exactly what they told me and i did just that. Then after coming back to singapore, ICA told me that by inserting the name into the birth cert is not enough. The officer at ICA said ` there are too many singapore man bringing children to ICA and say its theirs' and ICA also knows that its easy to insert the name of the so called father into the birth cert in foreign countries.

I was stunned when i heard that. Then what should i do to prove that the children are mine? The officer says that although there is no requirement for DNA test, but with DNA test, it will speed up the whole process and make application much easier. Thus i went to HSA to do DNA. Yes its expensive and to think that mine are twins. First child is $1037 and 2nd child is over $200. Waited for 1 month for the results. Brought the report to ICA and officer told me its a good move. ICA officer says with DNA report, citizenship will be approved within 3 months. ICA officer even emphasize that without DNA results, it will take 6 months or longer to approve.

This is just what i went through recently.

Rof|maoxz
27-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Bro Rof,

I was stunned when i heard that. Then what should i do to prove that the children are mine? The officer says that although there is no requirement for DNA test, but with DNA test, it will speed up the whole process and make application much easier. Thus i went to HSA to do DNA. Yes its expensive and to think that mine are twins. First child is $1037 and 2nd child is over $200. Waited for 1 month for the results. Brought the report to ICA and officer told me its a good move. ICA officer says with DNA report, citizenship will be approved within 3 months. ICA officer even emphasize that without DNA results, it will take 6 months or longer to approve.

This is just what i went through recently.

Did you taken an oath yet? To state that the child is yours after obtaining the DNA results? If I'm not wrong you can go to vietnamese embassy to tak your oath there, endorsed by the official there.

I'm sympathize with your situation, you could guess that what's SGP way of performing things. Too much of red tape. You have done the right way for your child. But just to remind you something. Granting your childs' citizen is easier, but as for your wife, you might experience diifficulty after extending the LTSVP 6 mths after 6 mths. Good luck there. :)

SingViet
27-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Did you taken an oath yet? To state that the child is yours after obtaining the DNA results? If I'm not wrong you can go to vietnamese embassy to tak your oath there, endorsed by the official there.

I'm sympathize with your situation, you could guess that what's SGP way of performing things. Too much of red tape. You have done the right way for your child. But just to remind you something. Granting your childs' citizen is easier, but as for your wife, you might experience diifficulty after extending the LTSVP 6 mths after 6 mths. Good luck there. :)

When i inserted my name into my children's birth certificate, there is no need to take any oath in Vietnam. As for Singapore, i have already taken the oath while applying for citizenship for my children.

Thanks for your concern Bro Rof, i do not forsee any trouble for my wife's PR in Singapore as I am a postgraduate degree holder and also contribute more than enough tax to give ICA the confidence that i can raise my family well. As for the DNA test, there is no need to bring it to vietnamese embassy in Singapore for endorsement. U will only need to do it if the DNA test is carried out in Vietnam.

I guess different countries has different policies. :D

sexlover
27-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Sorry Bro, Just some commercial break :
TCSS Gathering for samster at GL10, on 31/8/05 Wed, 7pm.
All samsters are invited and welcome to this event, hope to break the current record of 55 samsters attending, lots of freebies to be given out, check out TCSS Thread for more info.

http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=42174

naemlo
27-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Y no one wants to head the Thai wife club???? :rolleyes:

Foreign wife club sounds interesting.

Lets vote for a chairman.... :D

blue_swatch
27-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Since Singviet syggested, we vote him lor. But of we do meet up, dun sabo and say we know each other from SBF, i sure die and get killed by her when i get into the car! :eek:

naemlo
27-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Since Singviet syggested, we vote him lor. But of we do meet up, dun sabo and say we know each other from SBF, i sure die and get killed by her when i get into the car! :eek:

Ok I vote for Singviet too.... ;)

fleaz
27-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Thus i went to HSA to do DNA. Yes its expensive and to think that mine are twins. First child is $1037 and 2nd child is over $200

OMG!! $1037 for the DNA test! haiz....... btw bro, where is HSA?

thanks

rdgs
fleaz

SingViet
27-08-2005, 07:48 PM

thanks

rdgs
fleaz

Bro Fleaz,

HSA is Health Science Authority and its at SGH (Singapore General hospital). Its at the Blood Bank. It may be expensive but it will save u a lot of trouble.

SingViet
27-08-2005, 07:51 PM

Bro,

We not voting for Indian Chief la. Anyone can do, but what is most impt is that we have volunteers who are willing to assist in the organising of programs and gatherings. When we meet, just say we got to know each other thru some vietnamese assoication lor.. hahahha

fleaz
27-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Bro Fleaz,

HSA is Health Science Authority and its at SGH (Singapore General hospital). Its at the Blood Bank. It may be expensive but it will save u a lot of trouble.

thanks for the info, bro singviet. i guess that is the only choice.. bo bian. $ is small issue, can earn back. just have to downgrade from cat150 to cat30 hahahaha.

anyway, thanks to all all the bros in this thread for your support. was feeling really really lost and duno what or how to do. at lest now i know i have someone and somewhere to turn to when in doubt.

lets keep this thread and the upcoming club alive cause i think there many other like me out there or will be.

cheers
fleaz

SingViet
27-08-2005, 08:12 PM
thanks for the info, bro singviet. i guess that is the only choice.. bo bian. $ is small issue, can earn back. just have to downgrade from cat150 to cat30 hahahaha.

anyway, thanks to all all the bros in this thread for your support. was feeling really really lost and duno what or how to do. at lest now i know i have someone and somewhere to turn to when in doubt.

lets keep this thread and the upcoming club alive cause i think there many other like me out there or will be.

cheers
fleaz

Maybe other bros can also start sharing what problems they may be facing in the areas of foreign wives. We can share our experience nd this will help a lot

Rof|maoxz
27-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Below are extracted from my earlier posts. I pasted in here for easy reference. (This applies to basic application for foreign brides.)

In order to let her stay for long period of time, firstly apply long time social visit pass for her, go to here (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_pr/per_res/app_for_pr.asp) , fourth floor, ICA and get the neccessary official documents ready upon submitting to the custom official.

Once they grant in 3, 6mths or 1year visa, go ahead and apply PR for your wife. (fifth floor of ICA building.) Actually you can apply both long time social visit pass and PR concurrently. This way you can prepare 2 set of documents ready. (almost the documents needed are the same, except for PR, you need more paperwork like letter of employment, educational certs for both of you.) After the PR submittion, the official attending to you will give you a postcard like card and stamped the date of acknowledgement for your documents. You will hear your application upon 3 mths. (Remember please dun call them and ask.)

What if your application is unsucessful? How to eventually get PR for your wifey?

Dun worry if your application is unsucessful, their reason like your wife has not met the residential requirement , maximum quota has been met, blar blar blar. You can still re-apply in abt after 6-9mths time. But in the meantime, you can send your wife for enrichment courses, english course, computer courses or best NTC courses!! (support germent mah! :D ) As some brothers has quoted, paying income tax is very essential, meaning you should be at least earning >25K per year in order to get tax. At most dun claim wife relief, insurance loh, pay abit more lah, let the germent tax you abit loh.

If not, trying to pro-create (contributing to nation birth rate) is also one of the easy-to-get-PR route although ICA didn't openly admit it. If your wife is pregnant, act fast, get a letter from your GP stating your wife preganacy and re-submit 2gether for another try. Best to top it up, get your powerful MP to help you appeal. That's all folks~ :o

Rof|maoxz
27-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Commonly-asked Questions after obtaining SPR for spouses. :)

(1) Am I required to apply for a Singapore Blue Identity Card (SBIC) if I am a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)?

Yes. All SPRs are required to apply for a SBIC within 30 days after becoming a SPR. Children below 15 years of age are not required to apply for SBICs.

(2) My application for SPR has been approved. Where can I go for my medical examination?

You may go to any registered local general practitioners for your medical examination.

(3) I am a SPR. My Employment Pass/ Work Permit is expiring soon. Am I required to renew my pass?

As a SPR, you are not required to apply for any working pass in order to work here. However, it does not exempt you from having to apply for registration or any other conditions stipulated by the respective professional bodies.

(4) I am a SPR but is currently not working in Singapore. Can I apply for SPR for my dependants?

You may submit an application for our consideration on a case-by-case basis.

(5) Must I remain in Singapore while the application is still in process?

No, you are free to travel during the processing time.

(6) What if I do not/cannot produce the required supporting documents, e.g. Income Tax Notice of Assessment, Central Provident Fund Contributions?

You have to provide a written explanation on why you are unable to produce the documents.

(7) Must my wife and children come in person to collect the EP/ REP?

No, they do not need to come in person if their sponsor is collecting the EP/ REP on their behalf, otherwise a letter of authorisation stating the person's name and ID no. (NRIC no.) is required.

(8) If my wife/ children do not have a passport, can I still apply SPR for them?

A travel document is a prerequisite for SPR application.

(9)What if I cannot produce my original passport, can I produce a photocopy?

A certified true copy of your passport showing the personal particulars and expiry date is acceptable for the purpose of processing.

(10) Do I need an employer's sponsorship to apply for SPR?

No, it is not a prerequisite.

(11)Can I apply for PR immediately after working here?

You can submit an application so long as you are on any working pass.

Some changes in applying for Singapore Citizenship

Changes as of Apr 1, 1999:

Waiting period for permanent residents to qualify for Singapore Citizenship reduced from the current 2 – 10 years to 2 – 6 years.
The average processing time for citizenship applications also reduced from the current 6 – 10 months to 3 – 6 months.
Singaporean women can sponsor their PR husbands for citizenship if the family has the means to support itself and the husbands have been PRs for at least 2 years.
These changes are aimed at making it more attractive for talented foreigners to come here. They will also help foreign husbands of Singapore women to settle in Singapore

GLHunter
27-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Me CEO? You must be joking? I'm overated in here. :)

Bro.. i can see that you provided 2 valuable link for us to understd more abt the procedure for foreign wife. but i cannot assess the links. any advise?
thanks for your guidance! ;)

Rof|maoxz
27-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Common Qs asked pertaining to immigration issues...

• Entry Visa and Social Visit Passes

Visitors from most countries planning their immigration to Singapore to do not require an entry visa in advance for short-term visits. Passports will be stamped on immigration so Singapore with a thirty, sixty or ninety day-visa upon entry. Entry requirements for immigration to Singapore for foreigners are a valid travel document (6 months minimum), a return ticket or entry facilities to the next destination and sufficient funds to stay in Singapore. Singapore has two different assessment levels for nationals who require visa applications and you can find out to which group you belong at Singapore Immigration Visitor Service web site (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_visitor/social_visit/application_types.asp#short)

If you want to stay beyond the time granted on entry you need to apply for a social visit pass or other visa mentioned below. Note: Immigration to Singapore without a visa is a serious offence!

• Employment Pass (EP)

If you want to work in Singapore for a salary extending S$2,500 per month you need to apply for an Employment Pass. As a precondition, you need an acceptable degree, specialist skills or professional qualifications.

With your employment pass you will receive a Singapore ID card with an FIN number and a SingPass (https://www.cpf.gov.sg/cpf_trans/palpin_faq.asp) with an eight-digit CPF-PAL PIN password to enable you doing online dealings with the Government such as filing a tax return or reserving a book in the library. You may change this password online. By end 2004 SingPass will become the common online password authentication method for all government e-services.

Rof|maoxz
27-08-2005, 08:27 PM
For those bros who are living in the north area, I recommend this learning center, Spring language centre. Alot of essential courses being offered.

School Address: Block 512 Bishan Street 13 # 03 – 526. Singapore 570512. Contact Number: 63581068

Rof|maoxz
27-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Bro.. i can see that you provided 2 valuable link for us to understd more abt the procedure for foreign wife. but i cannot assess the links. any advise?
thanks for your guidance! ;)

You mean the two links in my signatures? There are working fine. :)

Rof|maoxz
27-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Just to touch onto STSVP (Short term social visit pass)

Social Visit Pass

Social visit passes for a period of less than 3 months are free. If you want to extend the pass, you need to pay a $40 fee. Passes are required for the following persons:

Spouse, unmarried children below 21 years, and parents of Singapore citizens and permanent residents.
Parents and parents-in-law of Employment Pass holders.
Mothers of student pass holders.
Expectant mothers.
Tourists and others.

Frankly, the matter can be quite baffling. For the absolute final word as well as a list of relevant documents you need to produce, you can again check out the Singapore Immigration and Registration department's (http://www.sir.gov.sg/visitor_sc/socialvisitpass.html) explanation..

Apply your STSVP (Short Term Social Visit Pass) thru SAVE system is right here. (http://www.ica.gov.sg/VETS/eservice_package/site/procedure_social.html#one)

Rof|maoxz
27-08-2005, 08:34 PM
For those wanna check for Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) status. Can go here online (http://www.iep.mom.gov.sg/momiep/html/ReqEPStatus.html)

Q. What are the common things I need to know, as a Singaporean/PR who have married overseas?

1) The law does not require couples who contracted marriages overseas to re-register (includes "converting" or "endorsing" a foreign marriage certificate) with the Singapore ROM. The marriage certificate issued by the competent authority of the foreign country may be accepted as prima facie evidence of a marriage between the parties named in the certificate.

2) You may update agencies which you have dealings with, about your new marital status. For example, you may wish to update your marital status with CPF Board (Central Provident Fund) to change nomination of CPF beneficiary.

3) If you wish to insert your husband's name into your identification documents, you may contact the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.

4) If your spouse is a foreigner and you like to obtain permanent residence or citizenship for him/her, you may seek the advice of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.

Requirements for filing a Notice of Marriage with foreigner (http://app.rom.gov.sg/internet/reg_info/rom_preparation.asp)

blue_swatch
27-08-2005, 10:53 PM
For those bros who are living in the north area, I recommend this learning center, Spring language centre. Alot of essential courses being offered.

School Address: Block 512 Bishan Street 13 # 03 – 526. Singapore 570512. Contact Number: 63581068

They offer basic vietnamese course rite? Do you know how much and the duration of the course? Also what other courses are being offered?

SingViet
28-08-2005, 06:03 AM
Bro Rof,

Good info given. Thanks a lot. I am sure bros will benefit from the info given. Btw, u have foreigner spouse also? :D

Rof|maoxz
28-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Bro Rof,

Good info given. Thanks a lot. I am sure bros will benefit from the info given. Btw, u have foreigner spouse also? :D

Yup. From china. :)

Rof|maoxz
28-08-2005, 08:26 AM
They offer basic vietnamese course rite? Do you know how much and the duration of the course? Also what other courses are being offered?

Yes they offer vietnamese course too. Basic course is about 8 wks. :)

Spring Educational Center (http://www.spring.edu.sg/)

Rof|maoxz
28-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Bro Rof,

We can always arranged a makan session, for example a buffet outing in marina bay. Lots of food to choose from. From what I know, those foreign brides that I have met, like buffet alot, they share their food knowledge and share their cultures around. :)

naemlo
28-08-2005, 12:19 PM
We can always arranged a makan session, for example a buffet outing in marina bay. Lots of food to choose from. From what I know, those foreign brides that I have met, like buffet alot, they share their food knowledge and share their cultures around. :)

Good good, so u r the CEO (Chief entertainment officer of the foreign wife club)??? U organise for the bros here.... :D

Rof|maoxz
28-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Good good, so u r the CEO (Chief entertainment officer of the foreign wife club)??? U organise for the bros here....

Nomination aside, we can always organise a prearranged outing. Those who wishe to have one can put in the date, est. time, list of samsters interested and place of the outing in here. I think the names will be slowly filled up de. :)

naemlo
28-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Nomination aside, we can always organise a prearranged outing. Those who wishe to have one can put in the date, est. time, list of samsters interested and place of the outing in here. I think the names will be slowly filled up de. :)

Just keep me inform of this.... ;)

spasticboy
28-08-2005, 04:53 PM
knn.... so ex aR??? i betta start saving also..... so that when i settle my problems in sg.. got $$ to do the DNA on my son.... akakkaa

thanks

rdgs
fleaz

Rof|maoxz
28-08-2005, 07:29 PM
knn.... so ex aR??? i betta start saving also..... so that when i settle my problems in sg.. got $$ to do the DNA on my son.... akakkaa

Getting the DNA Test done...
Here's what you need to get the test done:

Please call to make an Appointment

* @ HSA, DNA Testing is carried out only by appointment.
* For those who are interested or have any further queries, please contact:
o DNA Profiling Laboratory
Tel: (65) 6213 0779 Fax: (65) 6213 0749
Centre for Forensic Science
Health Sciences Authority (directly opposite Outram Park MRT station)
Level One, 11 Outram Road
Singapore 169078

Rof|maoxz
28-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Bring these Documents

* Passports or identity cards of the parent(s) and the child
(if he or she is travelling on a separate passport)
* Passport-size photograph of the child.

Our doctor takes your Blood Sample

* When you call to make an appointment, you will be
informed on the date, time and venue for the blood sample to
be collected by our doctor.
* The individuals who are to be tested are encouraged
to come together for the same appointment. Arrangement
can be made should different appointments are needed.

Collect the Test Report

* Test reports can be sent to you via registered mail, collected
in person or collected by your appointed agent.
* Each test report can be collected 3 working weeks from
the date of the collection of the blood samples.

Talk to our Doctor

* If you prefer, our medical doctor can explain to you
the test report and answer any of your queries. This should
be a face-to-face meeting conducted when you collect the
test report in person.

Fees
The DNA Testing costs S$925 exclusive of GST for each 2-
or 3-blood sample case. For every additional child, there will
be an extra charge of S$225, exclusive of GST.

Payment can be made via cash/NETS (in person) or cheque made payable to "HEALTH SCIENCES AUTHORITY".

spasticboy
29-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info... just talked to wife just now... she said son still too young... dun dare let him sit aeroplane yet... haiz... gotta wait awhile more liaoz...

Getting the DNA Test done...
Here's what you need to get the test done:

Please call to make an Appointment

* @ HSA, DNA Testing is carried out only by appointment.
* For those who are interested or have any further queries, please contact:
o DNA Profiling Laboratory
Tel: (65) 6213 0779 Fax: (65) 6213 0749
Centre for Forensic Science
Health Sciences Authority (directly opposite Outram Park MRT station)
Level One, 11 Outram Road
Singapore 169078

ricardo
29-08-2005, 03:46 PM
eh just curious, we all bring wife meet meet but if wife ask where we know each other how ah? cannot say SBF right?

Rof|maoxz
29-08-2005, 03:49 PM
eh just curious, we all bring wife meet meet but if wife ask where we know each other how ah? cannot say SBF right?

You can mention if you like, but I won't admit it for sure. :p Anyway you can say it's a monthly event organised by the ICA. :)

ricardo
29-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Anyway you can say it's a monthly event organised by the ICA. :)

wow like tat oso can. cannot lah my partner got master in accounting cannot anyhow bluff bluff one.

Rof|maoxz
29-08-2005, 06:01 PM
wow like tat oso can. cannot lah my partner got master in accounting cannot anyhow bluff bluff one.

Just tell her it's a informal kind of dinner. I find it nothing wrong with that. We can always censored the SBF part. :)

SingViet
29-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Just tell her it's a informal kind of dinner. I find it nothing wrong with that. We can always censored the SBF part. :)

hahhaa... bros.... actually no harm letting yr wife know about SBF. My wife knows i log into SBF daily. But of course different couples have different ideas and believes. :D

blue_swatch
30-08-2005, 12:51 AM

If u say SBF i will say i dunno u man . hahaha

Leeson
30-08-2005, 07:40 AM
so after so many threads... still only SingViet has got a VN wife in SG? :p

zhu star
30-08-2005, 08:51 AM
You can get one yourself and make it to two then :D

Rof|maoxz
30-08-2005, 08:59 AM

I know two more. But they are shy. :)

ricardo
30-08-2005, 09:00 AM
me indonesian not viet but think this gathering too risky. i too hope my missus can get to know ppl more. one problem with having a non-local wife is that their social circle very small so tends to be extra sticky. the gathering is a good idea but if have to hush hush abt SBF i think better not risk.

Rof|maoxz
30-08-2005, 09:08 AM
me indonesian not viet but think this gathering too risky. i too hope my missus can get to know ppl more. one problem with having a non-local wife is that their social circle very small so tends to be extra sticky. the gathering is a good idea but if have to hush hush abt SBF i think better not risk.

If you think that discussing about SBF related issues, you can always censored them. I treat these outing as a culture exchanging/enriching programme. Dun be too passive about it. :)

sponge05
30-08-2005, 09:28 AM
If you think that discussing about SBF related issues, you can always censored them. I treat these outing as a culture exchanging/enriching programme. Dun be too passive about it. :)

well said bro. my Viet wife knows about SBF but never comment much as long as i'm just reading and no actions. :D

ricardo
30-08-2005, 09:41 AM
well said bro. my Viet wife knows about SBF but never comment much as long as i'm just reading and no actions. :D

wow u very lucky .. if me missus know abt SBF i internet access kena cancel liao ... oso if she see what i post i think i die liao.

sponge05
30-08-2005, 09:43 AM
wow u very lucky .. if me missus know abt SBF i internet access kena cancel liao ... oso if she see what i post i think i die liao.

i spend alot of time explaining, reassuring and convincing her before she lets me. :D

sexlover
30-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Sorry Bro, Just some commercial break :
TCSS Gathering for samster at GL10, on 31/8/05 Wed, 7pm.
All samsters are invited and welcome to this event, hope to break the current record of 55 samsters attending, lots of freebies to be given out, check out TCSS Thread for more info.

Click Here to find out more : http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=42174

Counting down, 1 more day to go………..

blue_swatch
30-08-2005, 10:14 AM

Come think of it, actually my viet gf will not mind me surfing here too if she knows, but same thing la, only if i no action. :o

ricardo
30-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Come think of it, actually my viet gf will not mind me surfing here too if she knows, but same thing la, only if i no action. :o

u think they believe we no action meh. i not hard core cheongster but still got cheong a bit so got post at least 1 FR here if missus see liao i oso see liao. to me, can keep away better keep away better not invite unneccessary trouble.

Rof|maoxz
30-08-2005, 12:39 PM
u think they believe we no action meh. i not hard core cheongster but still got cheong a bit so got post at least 1 FR here if missus see liao i oso see liao. to me, can keep away better keep away better not invite unneccessary trouble.

Whether your wife trust you or not, doing hanky panky behind her back, is nothing to do with SBF. And I find it unfair for me to push the blame to SBF too. And if you are caught surfing SBF FL thread or related, blame myself for surfing openly if she's sensitive. I guess no one will discuss SBF or sex issues openly, not lest with the presence of them. :)

SingViet
30-08-2005, 01:48 PM

Bros,

The ladies are not stupid. Who will read SBF forum if they are not hoping or have some actions before? I feel that most gals know that guys like to cheong, as long as their man return to them and continue to take care of them, they are alright. Simply saying, can cheong but don't carry strings.

My wifey told me before ` u can cheong outside and i know that sometimes u really cheong, but make sure no strings attached. by the end of the day, return to family and take care of family.'

swing123
30-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Bros,

The ladies are not stupid. Who will read SBF forum if they are not hoping or have some actions before? I feel that most gals know that guys like to cheong, as long as their man return to them and continue to take care of them, they are alright. Simply saying, can cheong but don't carry strings.

My wifey told me before ` u can cheong outside and i know that sometimes u really cheong, but make sure no strings attached. by the end of the day, return to family and take care of family.'

3 principles:

(i) must remember to wipe your mouth clean after curi makan...
(ii) must remember to go home to eat no matter how fantastic the outside food are....
(iii) do not ta-pao the outside food back....

lament
30-08-2005, 03:18 PM
interesting ,........ i have no wife yet but i keen to join ..... can singles join ...... we can make friend with the wife and get them to like us enuff to intro a friend or two .....sure beats paying a few grand at matchmaking agencies ......

how leh bro ...can or not ...... i can double as a translator too ......foc services ......

ricardo
30-08-2005, 04:26 PM
3 principles:

i know one guy really stupid. ta-pao home while wife overseas, end up being the girl stole some stuff and his credit card. the girl was caught in mustafa using his card (which his wife is principle card holder) in the end OC find out not only his card gone some stuff at home oso gone now OC want divorce

SingViet
30-08-2005, 05:17 PM
interesting ,........ i have no wife yet but i keen to join ..... can singles join ...... we can make friend with the wife and get them to like us enuff to intro a friend or two .....sure beats paying a few grand at matchmaking agencies ......

how leh bro ...can or not ...... i can double as a translator too ......foc services ......

Bro,
the thinking of a married man is different from a single. As fr translation services, what makes u think we need that? the ladies are all gf or wives of singaporean, i think we can understand our spouses very well :D

spasticboy
30-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Ur wife good.... my wife told me... if i dare hanky panky behind her back & she happend to know.. she'll straight away fly from VN to here.. then cut od my "banana" & the 2 "rambutans" also..... hear oledi where got dare to chiong liaoz??

Bros,

Sha_Gua75
30-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Bros,

:confused:

sure?? ok!! tell your wife now u go chiong with me...tell her no strings attached....OK WHEN???

blue_swatch
30-08-2005, 11:49 PM

Hahha i know wat u mean. Thats my concern too. Im only afraid she go do a search on all my threads, then skali see a FR im dead meat

blue_swatch
30-08-2005, 11:54 PM
3 principles:

(i) must remember to wipe your mouth clean after curi makan...
(ii) must remember to go home to eat no matter how fantastic the outside food are....

thumbs up to your wife!!! :)

SingViet
31-08-2005, 09:14 AM
The thing i realise about Vietnamese wife is that they take care of their property very well. NO ONE should think of stealing or robbing them of their possessions :D

SingViet
31-08-2005, 09:19 AM
:confused:

sure?? ok!! tell your wife now u go chiong with me...tell her no strings attached....OK WHEN???

bro,

times have changed..... if not how i return to VN alone this time?

risingeast
31-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Ur wife good.... my wife told me... if i dare hanky panky behind her back & she happend to know.. she'll straight away fly from VN to here.. then cut od my "banana" & the 2 "rambutans" also..... hear oledi where got dare to chiong liaoz??

That's right, be careful.. Kut koo!!

blue_swatch
31-08-2005, 05:38 PM
The thing i realise about Vietnamese wife is that they take care of their property very well. NO ONE should think of stealing or robbing them of their possessions

I can vouch for this. My viet GF is quite a stunner with make up on honestly, anyone that sees her on the street will look at her twice. That said, she is young too.

In anycase, sometimes i will joke and say ya ya, u always chat with guys on the net, maybe i should chat with girls on the net and meet them up for sex. She will always say oh go ahead jokingly. But despite she joking bout it and smiling, she will loo at me and her looks can kill! :eek: Machiam xiao li chang tao lidat! Scary man. In anycase im the one thats afraid she will do something behind my back since shes young, pretty and rich... i mean very rich and can easily find someone younger than me, richer and more handsome than me.

And she will sometimes check my HP and see who i message to and who sms me too. Im those sort that will not meet up with any girls alone, anytime, even when shes not around and she knows that. But funny thing is despite the fact im much older than her, dun look good, yet shes still so protective over me and sometimes pull my ear literally jokingly say i cannot look at other girls when im out. So yea, they are protective over their property. Guess what people said is true, viet girls are usually very loyal to their bf/husband. :)

fleaz
31-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the info... just talked to wife just now... she said son still too young... dun dare let him sit aeroplane yet... haiz... gotta wait awhile more liaoz...

Hi Bro spasticboy, looks like we are in the same boat. so how old is your child now? when do u wife plan to come over? are u n your wife already married in sg? will u plan to apply PR for both your wife n kid?

cheers
fleaz

SingViet
01-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Bro Blue_Swatch,

It seems that most viet gals act the same. Maybe its exciting for them to own assets for the first time?? kekekek :D

spasticboy
01-09-2005, 02:30 PM
my boy now 6 months old.... no.. we not yet marry in sg yet... cos when she told me she preg abt 5-6 months liaoz.. the reason she give is scared i will dump her if i know she got baby.... but ultimately i will hope to bring them over lor.. so whatever advice samsters give here abt DNA testing, i m taking note of it...

Hi Bro spasticboy, looks like we are in the same boat. so how old is your child now? when do u wife plan to come over? are u n your wife already married in sg? will u plan to apply PR for both your wife n kid?

cheers
fleaz

Rof|maoxz
01-09-2005, 03:52 PM
my boy now 6 months old.... no.. we not yet marry in sg yet... cos when she told me she preg abt 5-6 months liaoz.. the reason she give is scared i will dump her if i know she got baby.... but ultimately i will hope to bring them over lor.. so whatever advice samsters give here abt DNA testing, i m taking note of it...

Please get it done soonest. Dun drag too long. :)

Leeson
01-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I know two more. But they are shy. :)

i've met a couple irl, but not sure if they come here...

spasticboy
02-09-2005, 10:57 AM
nvm lah.... was joking with my wife 1 day... at most i go back there, buy a piece of land, build a house then become farmer lor.,.. morn wake up early till the land... afternoon play with my son... then at night try to make more sons.... kekekeke... then she hear oledi... i kena piak on the head...

Please get it done soonest. Dun drag too long. :)

fleaz
02-09-2005, 11:47 PM

my son is 2 month & 20days old. now just have to wait for my gf to settle her stuff and give me a date she is ready to come over to sg. i was hoping to get PR for her and my son without her having to go back to japan. i think it is a waste of $ going back. rather save the $ for our child. really hoping it will be this way.

cheers
fleaz

SingViet
03-09-2005, 07:55 AM
my son is 2 month & 20days old. now just have to wait for my gf to settle her stuff and give me a date she is ready to come over to sg. i was hoping to get PR for her and my son without her having to go back to japan. i think it is a waste of $ going back. rather save the $ for our child. really hoping it will be this way.

cheers
fleaz

Actually i was pondering before doing the DNA test. But after a while, i thought... `ICA wants me to prove that the children are mine, so i better get it done' Doing some simple calculations, its still cheaper to do DNA than to fly the kids and wifey between Spore and Vietnam. Without much prove, the chances of getting citizenship is much lower, not to mention getting them to stay for the longer term.

blue_swatch
03-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Bro Blue_Swatch,

It seems that most viet gals act the same. Maybe its exciting for them to own assets for the first time?? kekekek :D

Hahha maybe. But we do have our fair shares of quarrels, since its different culture. And sometimes she have difficulties to understand why i do certain things and get angry at me without understanfing the underlying factors why i did a particular thing for her. Jialat, we quarrel last nite again... :(

fleaz
05-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Actually i was pondering before doing the DNA test. But after a while, i thought... `ICA wants me to prove that the children are mine, so i better get it done' Doing some simple calculations, its still cheaper to do DNA than to fly the kids and wifey between Spore and Vietnam. Without much prove, the chances of getting citizenship is much lower, not to mention getting them to stay for the longer term.

thanks bro Singviet for the advise. thats what i have in mind also. really have to cross my finger.

cheers
fleaz

Rof|maoxz
08-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Hahha maybe. But we do have our fair shares of quarrels, since its different culture. And sometimes she have difficulties to understand why i do certain things and get angry at me without understanfing the underlying factors why i did a particular thing for her. Jialat, we quarrel last nite again... :(

Dun let these bickering hamper the "bridge" that both of you put together. Try to understand her dilemma too. Everything should be fine. :)

axcel69
08-04-2006, 05:26 AM
Bros
give a little help

xiao de here fell in love with a viet at U turn
found out that she was working at 51 too
went almost everyday
been a week
she takes really good care of me
and i don't know if it is true or not...
but heard her friend say she likes me too

she going back tml le
but the main point is i can't converse properly with them
those of the bros with viet gf or wife
how to break this barrier and any advise to qc if real or fake relationship

SingViet
08-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Bros
give a little help

went almost everyday
been a week

she going back tml le

Bro, in a relationship, communication is very impt. Its either you learn vietnamese or she learn english/mandarin. Its very normal for a vietnamese working lady to learn mandarin.

I will say that 8 out of 10 working ladies are out for money. They like anyone with money to give them. It takes time to tell if she really likes you. Don't start showering her with money or gifts, take things slowly. :cool:

Sha_Gua75
08-04-2006, 11:29 AM

maybe u like someone else.....start to buy a viet dictionary....start to sms....start to translate....start to ask pple....start to learn on ur own.....then eventually...u able to read hold very simple conversation thru' sms....but still unable to speak or listen to viet...

soon....one day u realise that she no longer "love" u and she left.....in the end u used your knowledge writing viet to attract others....and history repeat itself again...and u back to square one....maybe u can get "free" fuck....but one day u will be tired.....

I learned one saying........欢场无真情。。。。。:o

SingViet
08-04-2006, 12:18 PM
maybe u like someone else.....start to buy a viet dictionary....start to sms....start to translate....start to ask pple....start to learn on ur own.....then eventually...u able to read hold very simple conversation thru' sms....but still unable to speak or listen to viet...

soon....one day u realise that she no longer "love" u and she left.....in the end u used your knowledge writing viet to attract others....and history repeat itself again...and u back to square one....maybe u can get "free" fuck....but one day u will be tired.....

I learned one saying........欢场无真情。。。。。:o

Bro Sha Gua,

I am glad that you have learnt about this. Now you are no longer Sha Gua, you are now an awaken person. :D

axcel69
08-04-2006, 04:13 PM
hmmm
so what is the best advise

SingViet
08-04-2006, 07:11 PM
hmmm
so what is the best advise

Best Advise: Forget about the Viet Gal. It will do your wallet a lot of good :D

gonggong18
08-04-2006, 10:20 PM
I agree, don't put feeling into these girls/ ladies.. sure will burn big hole in the pocket. Can't think, can't eat, can't work..I was on the route to be a millionaire until got caught by chee hong.. now a pauper living from salary to cunt seeing, licking and bonking

axcel69
09-04-2006, 06:27 AM
too late
i lost all hope in the vietnamisation program

Rof|maoxz
09-04-2006, 08:08 AM
went almost everyday
been a week

she going back tml le

I saw your thread title: Sad story happen to me ...... Same old senario. You are confused, I'm being frank. You are longing for a companionship that's all, since she's leaving in due time. I'm skeptical that there's even love in the first place. You are not even hurt!! What sadness you want to bring over here? :rolleyes:

Sha_Gua75
09-04-2006, 10:53 AM
I am glad that you have learnt about this. Now you are no longer Sha Gua, you are now an awaken person. :D

Wake up long ago roi....Next Destination USA to Fark More Girls :D

axcel69
09-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I saw your thread title: Sad story happen to me ...... Same old senario. You are confused, I'm being frank. You are longing for a companionship that's all, since she's leaving in due time. I'm skeptical that there's even love in the first place. You are not even hurt!! What sadness you want to bring over here? :rolleyes:

that post u quote is 3 days ago

the thread u read is yesterday

dunblur dun blur

Rof|maoxz
09-04-2006, 04:22 PM
that post u quote is 3 days ago

the thread u read is yesterday

dun blur dun blur

I'm not blur. I can't edit. :D

axcel69
10-04-2006, 03:32 AM
ho ho ho

haiz...

but not as bad they all are

i know some sisters very good de

Rof|maoxz
10-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I am wondering how many bros here have vietnamese wife? I mean really married with marriage papers, not those Vietnamese Gals that call you ONG XA in Joo Chiat . Maybe we can form a VN WIFE CLUB in Singapore. :D

Calling for husbands/boyfriends of foreign wives/girlfirends... who are free for TCSS session next weekend. Maybe can meet for makan, or just causual TCSS under the sun/moon. :p

naemlo
10-06-2006, 11:17 AM
wives/girlfirends... who are free for TCSS session next weekend.

U very fast hand.... cat not around, all the rats out to celebrate... :D

SingViet
10-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Calling for husbands/boyfriends of foreign wives/girlfirends... who are free for TCSS session next weekend. Maybe can meet for makan, or just causual TCSS under the sun/moon. :p

Too bad, i have shifted back to HCM city some months liao... cannot join u guys :D

Rof|maoxz
10-06-2006, 11:54 AM
U very fast hand.... cat not around, all the rats out to celebrate... :D

I will hunt for you, Jerry. :p

JaViEr84
10-06-2006, 12:30 PM

bro, i hav a viet gf , so keen to noe where is the gathering place.

naemlo
10-06-2006, 01:19 PM
I will hunt for you, Jerry. :p

Hheheheheh these few days I cannot... the big cat is around. :D

Rof|maoxz
19-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Hheheheheh these few days I cannot... the big cat is around. :D

HaHa.... Cat is finally back. Anyway during Cat's absence, been managed to meet up with the lengendary naemlo, ba xa oi!!, and some of the hubbies with PRC wife, shall not name their names here. Anyway hope to arrange more of this meeting in future. Will keep you guys posted. Cheers~ ;)

naemlo
19-07-2006, 09:53 AM
HaHa.... Cat is finally back.

So now cannot tnn?? Wah lau no more 3 inches dickhead to c liao :(

Anyway during Cat's absence, been managed to meet up with the lengendary naemlo, ba xa oi!

I'm going oversea this sat, so this week limited edition.... ba xa oi.

Rof|maoxz
19-07-2006, 09:55 AM
So now cannot tnn?? Wah lau no more 3 inches dickhead to c liao :( .

Got chance one....

I'm going oversea this sat, so this week limited edition.... ba xa oi.

So is HCM or??? Did you bring your ah hia lau tiko along? I think got to be a great reception for you guys from the mother-in-laws & father-in-laws. Haha!!

naemlo
19-07-2006, 09:58 AM
So is HCM or???

1 of the destination is HCMC... ba xa oi. :D

Did you bring your ah hia lau tiko along? I think got to be a great reception for you guys from the mother-in-laws & father-in-laws. Haha!!

Better dun go with him, he too many mum n dad in laws to visit. Traveling to his wives' village is a pain.

Titan303
30-08-2006, 12:42 AM
I have been nagged to marry. Is picking a wife from those agents good?:D

naemlo
30-08-2006, 01:24 AM

Hmmm good question, but why rush into a marriage when u don't know much or there is no chemisty between u n her?

Torres_Mok
31-08-2006, 09:51 PM
:) I heard marry those from marriage agency depend on luck!

(^_^)
31-08-2006, 10:05 PM
:) I heard marry those from marriage agency depend on luck!

yep the papers did reported one lucky dude won the lottery buying his Vietniam wedding car's plate number

GLHunter
23-09-2006, 10:02 PM

from agent is like buying a wife. surf the net & you can find one yourself. then can go thru. courtship then talk abt marriage lah. no rush can last long.

plunger
24-09-2006, 03:03 PM
from agent is like buying a wife. surf the net & you can find one yourself. then can go thru. courtship then talk abt marriage lah. no rush can last long.

Can you recommend a website to visit?

Thanks

plunger

Sha_Gua75
06-10-2006, 07:41 PM
I have a question...If your wife is vietnamese....is it possible to bring her brother over to stay in singapore?

milfmilf
07-10-2006, 08:47 PM
so far all viet girl marry to singapore man are very young... 19 - 25 or younger... are all viet girl marry young back in vietnam?

If look for older viet girl say 28-30 is it boh-hua :D
me old man thinks closer age better lor.... just not overly big age gap... else her father beecomes my brother sigh

Torres_Mok
01-11-2006, 10:42 PM
so far all viet girl marry to singapore man are very young... 19 - 25 or younger... are all viet girl marry young back in vietnam?

If look for older viet girl say 28-30 is it boh-hua :D
me old man thinks closer age better lor.... just not overly big age gap... else her father beecomes my brother sigh

I think very difficult to find older vietnam gal to marry, as some of friends' viet wives are all under 21! But I think viet gals look more mature!
I think age is not a barrier if u look young!;)

sacs
05-11-2006, 02:38 AM
I was thinking is there any communication problem?? or do brothers here know how to speak viet well?? I'm local, but won't think of marrying a local. Maybe a gal from viet or thai :p

Where do u all know all the viet gals? :confused:

naemlo
05-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Where do u all know all the viet gals? :confused:

Hmmm good question.... U can get to know Viet gers via,

1) Agency
2) Go Vietnam often n get to know those office ladies
3) FL, this is the worst choice

EddieTran
05-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Finding Wifes....

A constant nag in our brain ever since man was born..

Put your mind to it..Shouldn't be difficult as long as you are realistic in your expectation...

1) Mix around more..(in the right company with the right contacts)
2) Ask the older seniors for recommendations...friends of friends of friends - sure got choices.
3) Ask friends of wife of cheongsters (with Vietnamese wifes..) - Sure got plenty of older unmarried beautiful ladies waiting for a GOOD Oversea HUSBAND.
4) :p - Make holiday trips to the country of choice. - Open up and aks around...You will be surprise at the selections available...
5) Advertise in papers over there...Sure got lots of reply...

Bottom line is -- Make effort and all will be rewarded...

Best of Luck....\\

Two cents worth...

sacs
05-11-2006, 01:03 PM

1) Agency

oic... but aren't there any communication problem?? or they already know how to speak eng or chi?

haha, sometimes envy those brothers who have viet wife.... i suppose they are so much better than spore gals :p

Sha_Gua75
05-11-2006, 03:18 PM

1) Agency

one more...

4) Viet Student

naemlo
05-11-2006, 05:35 PM
oic... but aren't there any communication problem?? or they already know how to speak eng or chi?

Errr depends on which group of gers u mix with.

1) Agency, some do speak little chinese or english.
2) Office Ladies, some went thru proper education, their english is ok.
3) FL, u will be surprise, some speak english, chinese n even cantonese.
4) Students, as mentioned by a bro here, communicating with them on english shouldn't be a prob.

haha, sometimes envy those brothers who have viet wife.... i suppose they are so much better than spore gals :p

Errrrr, dun think so. Depends.

curiosityz
05-11-2006, 08:15 PM

i feel for you bro. :(

Torres_Mok
05-11-2006, 11:14 PM

It is better to learn some basic vietnamese first, so that maybe can communicate in vietnamese, but vietnamese is not easy in pronunciation!
As for writing it shall be easier, u can find vietnamese language at one of the thread (vietnamisation Program):rolleyes:

geylangbonker
06-11-2006, 12:19 AM
there are no. of commercial sch in sillypore offering viet langauages!
linguaphone in orchard .............and maybe some community centres in certain areas....to marry a viet wife ...its good to understand their languages .!
just my 2 cents worth!

gstringgal
18-11-2006, 01:30 AM
there are no. of commercial sch in sillypore offering viet langauages!
linguaphone in orchard .............and maybe some community centres in certain areas....to marry a viet wife ...its good to understand their languages .!
just my 2 cents worth!

well...to understand, read , write or speak all needs sometime to gel up...
take it as another pass time hobby to study la...u will improve by time pass..
i had a hard time speaking to my viet wife father and family in viet too....but when comes to drink "beer" with her father...BEER TALK liao aka bottom up lor ...since both party cant chat alot...haha!
Imagine only one sg man drinking with 7 of my viet wife father brothers and friends......almost throw white flag....:eek:

GLHunter
07-01-2007, 04:25 PM
well...to understand, read , write or speak all needs sometime to gel up...
take it as another pass time hobby to study la...u will improve by time pass..
i had a hard time speaking to my viet wife father and family in viet too....but when comes to drink "beer" with her father...BEER TALK liao aka bottom up lor ...since both party cant chat alot...haha!
Imagine only one sg man drinking with 7 of my viet wife father brothers and friends......almost throw white flag....:eek:

haha.. have to agreed on that. drinking break ice easily. was drinking with my thai gf family & frds in my visit & thats keep us occupied.

Rof|maoxz
01-05-2007, 02:52 PM
well...to understand, read , write or speak all needs sometime to gel up.....

Someone is getting his offpass soon hor... :D

gstringgal
02-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Someone is getting his offpass soon hor... :D

got it many days back lor...
today venture to BS too with sting and coy..
this may be my last offpass of "work" year 2007..
the next one will stretch till near first month of 2008 i think....

poon_pi_pi
03-07-2007, 06:26 PM
i have a true life story to share with you bradders here.. which is a sad story about having a viet wife. If there is someone interested to know about it, then i post it up here. Its a real life and long long story.. and a very sad story. i may need a few posting to relay all..

Rof|maoxz
03-07-2007, 06:28 PM
i have a true life story to share with you bradders here.. which is a sad story about having a viet wife. If there is someone interested to know about it, then i post it up here. Its a real life and long long story.. and a very sad story. i may need a few posting to relay all..

PPP, please share with us, thank. ;)

SingViet
03-07-2007, 06:53 PM

Sure. let us know what is it about

khaos
03-07-2007, 10:08 PM

This is a haven for all men. Feel free to share.
:)

Omniknight
04-07-2007, 12:38 AM
I want to know

Botarbolampar
04-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Good news for vietnamese wife in Singapore:

Singaporean beauty queen to join Charming Vietnam gala

A Singaporean beauty queen will attend Thanh Nien’s 13th annual “Charming Vietnam” gala to be held in Singapore this August.
Miss Chinatown Singapore 2006 Leow Cai Ling will participate in a fashion show at the event, which runs August 18-19.

Charming Vietnam (Duyen Dang Viet Nam) was founded in 1994 to raise funds for the Nguyen Thai Binh Scholarship Fund for economically disadvantaged students. Every year the even showcases singers, dancers, models and other artists in a variety of performances.

It has provided more than 5,000 scholarships worth over VND7 billion (US$436,000).

Ling will be accompanied by Nagis Abu Masawwir, a famous Singaporean model.

The Singaporeans will share the stage with Vietnamese pop stars such as My Linh, Dam Vinh Hung and My Tam as well as overseas Vietnamese singers Tuan Ngoc and Huong Lan.

Twenty-three Vietnamese beauty queens, including Miss Vietnam 2006 Mai Phuong Thuy, will also participate in the show.

Organizers have invited several other overseas models, singers and artists, hoping to boost cultural exchange among Vietnamese and foreigners.

Deputy Prime Minister Pham Gia Khiem has expressed interest in taking the gala to the US to help boost Vietnam-US ties and act as a bridge between overseas Vietnamese and their homeland.

In 2005, Charming Vietnam was held abroad for the first time in Australia.

Those interested in attending may contact Thanh Nien Travel for tours to the gala at 287 Le Thuong Kiet Street, Ward 15, District 11 or via phone at (08) 8640780, 090 860 7096 or 090 821 0953.

Reported by Da Ly – Translated by Tuong Nhi

plunger
08-07-2007, 05:30 PM
My friends friend got to know his viet gf(now wife) through icq. now they are happily married with a child.

she is also working in some office here, two income is better than one.

SingViet
08-07-2007, 06:47 PM
My friends friend got to know his viet gf(now wife) through icq. now they are happily married with a child.
she is also working in some office here, two income is better than one.

I agree that 2 income is better than one. but most of vietnamese wives find it difficult to work in singapore, either because of language barrier or education barrier

poon_pi_pi
15-07-2007, 09:30 PM

Sorry to all bradders here for the late reply..
Well things started somewhere back in 2002, i had a friend who used to chiong viet hcmc, and he got to know 1 viet gal from one of the ktv in hcmc, and everytime when he's there, he will always go and find her and spend his time with her. When he was back in Sgp, he will TT every month about 500 to 1k to her. And after about half a year later, the gal called him and said that she is pregnant. So he decided bring her to sgp for ROM, but the gal is below 21, therefore they got to be married in viet and register the marriage there. Well, in HCMC, before the registeration, both party need to pass a mental health test. The gal failed the first test, but managed to pass it the 2nd time.. until now i can still remember.. it the most funny part. After the wedding and everything, my friend brought the newly wedd wife back to sgp. Things were going fine, the only bad thing was the wife got a very very bad temper. She will juz threw her temper and started to throw whatever things she grabbed onto. And this friend of my just had to take it. So to all bradders here, got for a mental health test for the gal before you decide anything. Just kidding... hehe..
18.12.2003, their baby girl was born.. that was the happiest moment of my friend's life.. a 36 years old man at that time. Life was difficult for him at that time, his buisness failed and was cheated by his other friends. And many disputes arised due to M problem. The wife start to complain that he is poor and useless person, and cant even give her and her family back in viet a good life.. and the following year about July, she left for viet back to her hometown in Tay Ninh. My friend applied for PR for his viet wife and it was granted PR for the wife on 21 Oct 2004. Then the true colours of his wife showed.
TO BE CONTINUE.. sorry, my boy want to use the computer.. maybe tomolo i post again.

SingViet
16-07-2007, 05:59 AM
I think there are a few points that i deem that your friend has done wrongly, maybe i can try to point them out (forgive me for being frank)

(1) Your friend has showered the gal with large amount of money since the start. $500 to $1k a month, that's a lot of money for the gal and her family. She and her family will think that your friend is very rich, and of course, they will want to marry your friend because they think that they need not worry about money after the gal marries your frd.

(2) Your frd is really native to believe the gal when she is pregnant. The gal works in KTV and i can be very sure that she sleeps with more than 5 different customers a month. So when she's pregnant, how to be sure the child belongs to your frd. DNA test will surely help.

(3) The mental test conducted at the mental hospital in HCM is really a simple test. When i got married in Vietnam, i also went to the same hospital for test. The doctor only asked me one simple question ` Are you really happy to marry this vietnam gal?'. As for my wife, they asked my wife how she communicates with me, and whether she really wanted to marry me... etc I wonder how can anyone fail this test. If she really failed the first time, then maybe the doctor finds her motive for marrying a foreigner questionable.

(4) As your frd has shown the gal that getting $500 to $1k a month was so easy, its difficult for the gal and her family to accept that maybe their financial support has come to an end. Its like a singaporean who used to earn $5k to $10k a month losing his job and income source all of a sudden.

bro, i am still waiting for the other parts of this true story. Hope that what i have pointed out make some sense. :D

SingViet
16-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Opps, missed out on something. I feel that the gal is also too young and still very playful. If your frd have met someone older and more mature, then the chances of this happening may be lower. I have seen foreigners marrying vietnamese KTV gals of around age 25 to 28, all have been good wives since marriage.

KangTuo
16-07-2007, 08:34 AM
(3) The mental test conducted at the mental hospital in HCM is really a simple test. When i got married in Vietnam, i also went to the same hospital for test. The doctor only asked me one simple question ` Are you really happy to marry this vietnam gal?'. As for my wife, they asked my wife how she communicates with me, and whether she really wanted to marry me... etc I wonder how can anyone fail this test. If she really failed the first time, then maybe the doctor finds her motive for marrying a foreigner questionable

Do we need to go thru mental test in vietnam if i intend to bring her to sillypore to ROM? Probably only traditional ceremony and dinner in HCMC.

SingViet
16-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Do we need to go thru mental test in vietnam if i intend to bring her to sillypore to ROM? Probably only traditional ceremony and dinner in HCMC.

ROM in singapore no need la bro. Only if you plan to marry in Vietnam :D

unclesammi
16-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Talk about marriage, better think twice man. Now then i realised that our forefathers said were true. "bamboo door match bamboo door, wooden door match wooden door".

If i were given a chance back to time, look for one that can communicate at the same level with you.:)

poon_pi_pi
16-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Singviet, i agree with you.. however i miss out the part when she is in sgp, no doubt my friend is rather broke at that time, he still gave her 500 a month as pocket money.. and i and not sure how the mental test is conducted.. he juz told me that she is a bit crazy bcos she failed the test on the first time..haha.. but i am quite sure that she is very very quick tempered.. Alrite let me continue..

poon_pi_pi
16-07-2007, 03:01 PM
The child indeed is my friend's bcos the baby look very much like him.
After her PR was approved, she flew back to sgp to collect her Blue ic and after a few days, she weny back Vietnam. She told the husband that she is about to start a cattle farm in her home town and ask for 10k from him.
After she went back, my friend TT her the money. What my friend did wrong was he dont call her on the phone when she was back in viet. Only she will call him. After about a month after she left SGP, on few occasion, she called her husband on the mobile and the numder displayed was a sgp number. And my friend's friend spotted her in JC, my friend went to jc and got her, they had a heated argument. His wife kept saying that life is hard and she needed money. But my friend forgave her and wanted her to go back viet immediately, and she left sgp the next day.
But this bitch show no sign of repent. After that she came back SGP again after about a while, but this time she dont work in jc anymore. She managed to rent a bed in a hostel and work at princess KTV during happy hour and hollywood ktv in the nite. And at the same time make some quick money after her nite job when customer reqested.
On march 2005, she came to know a guy while working at hollywood. She told this guy that she has a daughter in viet and it was her ex bf's. And her ex bf left for US after she got pregnant. This guy was an idiot and believed what she said, and also care alot for her. They became very closed after a few weeks. She left for viet for about a month and came back sgp again. When she was back in viet, this guy kept calling her and cared for her. She told her new bf that she needed money and he gave her 6k later. She also said that she cant find enough and she asked his bf to recommend another ktv where she can find more money. And her bf was really an idiot and recommended her to his friend who work as a papasan at XTD. So what you guys think, a viet gal working at XTD with number 669.. and she kept telling her new bf that dont worry about her work,she knows her limit.. and this stupid guy believed her.. And for about a year, she asked for about another 8 to 10k, 3 mobile, a 1.3k watch, shopping and air ticket for her to fly back viet for about 5 to 6 times bcos she said that she miss her daughter. Her bf also went to viet for 3 times during the 1 year period and visited her family. All this happened without my friends knowledge. However, my friend did visited her during CNY 2006.
Some where june 2006, she realised that she needs to bring her daughter back to SGP bcos she is a Sgp Citizen to let her grow up here.
TO BE CONTINUE....

Desmond@ACS
16-07-2007, 06:31 PM
why stop abruptly ?

SingViet
17-07-2007, 06:16 AM
I think this lady is very much like other vietnamese ladies in their early to mid 20s who are working in KTVs. They are very much concerned about money than any other things. If can con others to get money, that's the best. Till this moment in vietnam, there are still a lot of vietnamese who are out there to con any foreigner whom they think can be easily conned. So be extra careful :cool: Please do carry on with the story

SingViet
17-07-2007, 04:06 PM
bro Poon pi pi, waiting for your story to continue leh :)

poon_pi_pi
10-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Sorry guys, to keep you guys waiting.. Well i miss out part of the story..
In march 2006, his wife came back to Singapore and lived with my friend for about 2 months.. During this 2 months, she kept asking for more money which my friend cant cope..and he is still paying off his debt, which was the money he borrowed from his mum. And his wife dont understand his situation and kept finding trouble asking why all the money he earned must gave to his mum and she as his wife only got a small portion of it(500/month to 1000/month) .. and all this only lasted for 2 months. She told my friend again that she neeed to get back to Viet to help her family to take care of the farm.. and immediately, on the same day when she was back in HCMC, she went for breast enlargement(US$2500) without my friend's knowledge.. And in june 2006, she decided to come back to sgp and work at ktv again. This time she put herself up at her bf's place. Her intention was to earn more money, find a house to settle down and bring her daughter back for school from viet.
But thing don't turned out as what she planned. It was one of the day in july 2006, my friend received a sms from his wife bf, saying that his wife is in sgp working in ktv, it was hard not to believe this sms that he got. all his wife's name and details were wrtten in it with his wife phone number in sgp. He was smart enough to use a public phone to call and confirmed it was true. His wife answered the call. He was damm mad at her, however he forgave her and allowed her to continue working in sgp only as a waitress and not as a ktv girl. And she also promised that she will only work as a waitress. She was asked to move back home in sembawang but she used the excuse that it was too far from xtd, her workplace and refused to move back to lived with my friend and family. This woman utmost concern is her PR status, she was worried that my friend will cancel her PR status. (P.S_ from what i know, a sponser is not able to cancel the wife PR as the procedure requires both party to sign on the PR cancellation form) She is really a slut, and until now she still is. She still remain in contact with her bf without my friend's knowledge, at the same time digging money from this 2 men. And also working in a ktv as a girl.
In nov 06, she brought her daughter and elder sis(for holiday) to sgp.. And in fact the elder sister already knew that the younger sis is working in ktv. Before my friend met up with the wife elder sis before their wedding, his wife told him that the sister doesn't know that she is working in hcmc as a ktv girl, and told my friend not to mention that they met each other in hcmc ktv and my friend was her customer.

poon_pi_pi
10-08-2007, 12:50 AM
too tired to type and think, will try to continue asap..

v.killers
09-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Bro,

Pls continue your story..........:)

boliao_ah
01-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Any idea is there any karaoke in SG that have vietnamese songs that u can bring yr viet gf/wife for singing session?

thanks in advance

918newbie
02-01-2008, 02:30 AM
PartyWorld has vietnamese songs

I<3Ivy
02-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Any idea is there any karaoke in SG that have vietnamese songs that u can bring yr viet gf/wife for singing session?

thanks in advance

Can bring her to any of the local KTVs.

Can even ask some viet girls to sit with her and talk to her in her native tongue! Hahaha....
Just kidding of course.

I remember that Party World at Tanjong Pagar has Viet songs.

Thom07
02-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Hmm any update? Pls do continue and share with us. Cam on. :)

-AIK0
09-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Sorry to all bradders here for the late reply..
Well things started somewhere back in 2002, i had a friend who used to chiong viet hcmc, and he got to know 1 viet gal from one of the ktv in hcmc, and everytime when he's there, he will always go and find her and spend his time with her. When he was back in Sgp, he will TT every month about 500 to 1k to her. And after about half a year later, the gal called him and said that she is pregnant. So he decided bring her to sgp for ROM, but the gal is below 21, therefore they got to be married in viet and register the marriage there. Well, in HCMC, before the registeration, both party need to pass a mental health test. The gal failed the first test, but managed to pass it the 2nd time.. until now i can still remember.. it the most funny part. After the wedding and everything, my friend brought the newly wedd wife back to sgp. Things were going fine, the only bad thing was the wife got a very very bad temper. She will juz threw her temper and started to throw whatever things she grabbed onto. And this friend of my just had to take it. So to all bradders here, got for a mental health test for the gal before you decide anything. Just kidding... hehe..
18.12.2003, their baby girl was born.. that was the happiest moment of my friend's life.. a 36 years old man at that time. Life was difficult for him at that time, his buisness failed and was cheated by his other friends. And many disputes arised due to M problem. The wife start to complain that he is poor and useless person, and cant even give her and her family back in viet a good life.. and the following year about July, she left for viet back to her hometown in Tay Ninh. My friend applied for PR for his viet wife and it was granted PR for the wife on 21 Oct 2004. Then the true colours of his wife showed.
TO BE CONTINUE.. sorry, my boy want to use the computer.. maybe tomolo i post again.

<b> c'mon la uncle look whose talking all this bullshyt about that ktv girl,
please grow up and put urself in her shoes.

she's just trying her best as a mother to earn money
for her daughter, is that wrong?

don't blame her for doing all this.
blame on your friend, that can't earn much and "yang" her wife.

that's why she have to work.

and maybe i think you are the so called "friend" in the post.
why not just say out that you are useless,

can't give ur wife happines, so she have to work.
why not you just fking GND , piece of shyt.

you're just a garbage to this society (:

stfu and go hell please.

all ppl reading his post, don't feel pity for tt girl
that is trying her best to "yang" her daughter:(

grow up and stop all this .

qguy
09-04-2008, 07:29 PM
<b> c'mon la uncle look whose talking all this bullshyt about that ktv girl,
please grow up and put urself in her shoes.

she's just trying her best as a mother to earn money
for her daughter, is that wrong?

don't blame her for doing all this.
blame on your friend, that can't earn much and "yang" her wife.

that's why she have to work.

and maybe i think you are the so called "friend" in the post.
why not just say out that you are useless,

can't give ur wife happines, so she have to work.
why not you just fking GND , piece of shyt.

you're just a garbage to this society (:

stfu and go hell please.

Then?? are you that "stupid" boyfriend that she sucks you dry liao you cannot take it lying down? or are you her "little white face"???

Which mum in the world will spend that kind of money to enlarge her boobs? Why? To feed the daughter with more milk ah??

Bro Poon pipi is just sharing about experiences here with everyone, just take it with a pinch of salt, why must you be personnel & lash at him with all those type of words? You tell me, who is the one that need to grow up here? :rolleyes:

By the way, i zap you

Torres_Mok
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Bro Poon pipi is just sharing about experiences here with everyone, just take it with a pinch of salt, why must you be personnel & lash at him with all those type of words? You tell me, who is the one that need to grow up here?

By the way, i zap you

agree with u bro.

Jarko
09-04-2008, 09:24 PM
its nt ur problem anyway..so y r u making a big fuss unless u also being scold stupidby the vietnamese gal is it.use ur brain b4 u take anything personal la..

Sha_Gua75
09-04-2008, 11:30 PM

You create a nick just to scold?!??!:confused:

use your original nick mah...seem the one doesnt grow up is you....since u can take the effort to create a new nick to scold pple :o

SingViet
10-04-2008, 07:21 AM

The fact that you hold a different view is understandable, but please try to show some respect for other forumers in this forum. Most people will not understand truely unless they are put into the same situation.

-AIK0
10-04-2008, 10:25 AM
rot guy defend rot guy (:
sry to disappointed you.

this is my nick.
& enlargement breast can't breast feed for your info.

how dumb can you be?

putting all blame onto one women,
while things take both hand to clap.

didn't poon pipi think of why such thing happen.
& how would the women feel?

sharing experience(s) ?
saying the women working place and number all this?

you're just trying to spoil her reputation.
isn't it ? *smile*

cause you can't face the reality that you're a useless guy.
isn't it ? (:

&if i need to grow up more,
i guess you guy(s)(those whom think that giving ppl info the so called share experience, that you think is right!) "hao bu dao na li"

but putting the women sadness on the line,
to satisfied your happiness.

how sore loser can you be?
:p

evil_lawyer
12-04-2008, 03:11 PM
My brothers,
I know Vietnamese girls are really pretty and most of the time, they easily capture our hearts when we least expect it.

But beware and be forewarned, most Vietnamese girls come to Singapore with the intention of having a better life rather than staying in Vietnam to suffer the poverty cycle.

If any of you guys ever wanna get serious with them, eg..marriage, then I suggest you really need to get a reality check and ask yourself if she is really the one. Personally, compared to our Singaporean women, they are very different in terms of culture, language, religion and even their mindset.

Most importantly, I believe that if you ever want to settle down with a Viet girl. One must be prepared to master their language, have an open mind and be very cautious with dealing with the Viets even with your own wife to be...

Its not that simple dealing with Viets...imagine their country torn apart by the French,Americans,Russians,Chinese, they are ever so suspicious with us foreigners.

As for the unfortunate brother, I really hope he will wise up and make a strong decision to end his marital madness.

SingViet
13-04-2008, 06:29 AM
i think we have come to the topic of singapore gal versus foreigner gal for wife. It just depends on your perspective, there's no right or wrong, its just personal preference ;)

amy6068
25-05-2008, 01:47 AM
I have question to ask.

I intend to bring my viet gf to sg to ROM.

Do i have to apply anything in vietnam first?
Do i need to apply visa for her to enter sg?
Do i need to buy return air ticket for her?
Any procedure to do in ICA?

Any bro pls help....thanks.

Sha_Gua75
25-05-2008, 01:50 AM
I have question to ask.

I intend to bring my viet gf to sg to ROM.

Do i have to apply anything in vietnam first?
Do i need to apply visa for her to enter sg?
Do i need to buy return air ticket for her?
Any procedure to do in ICA?

Any bro pls help....thanks.

Do i have to apply anything in vietnam first? ----> Not necessary
Do i need to apply visa for her to enter sg? ----> Nope
Do i need to buy return air ticket for her? ----> Not necessary, If ICA ask at airport maybe u can show proof of ROM print out
Any procedure to do in ICA? ----> Nothing unless u want apply LTSVP or PR for her

you marrying the one who got ban b4?

amy6068
25-05-2008, 02:05 AM
She banned from entering 3 years in 2005. next month due....

So will there be any problem?

I have apply ROM next month.

stevie.tan
26-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Do i have to apply anything in vietnam first? ----> Not necessary
Do i need to apply visa for her to enter sg? ----> Nope
Do i need to buy return air ticket for her? ----> Not necessary, If ICA ask at airport maybe u can show proof of ROM print out
Any procedure to do in ICA? ----> Nothing unless u want apply LTSVP or PR for her

you marrying the one who got ban b4?

Bro SG75,

Do we still need to provide 2 witness when applying for marriage date as my frds told me no need any.:confused:

Sha_Gua75
26-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Bro SG75,

Do we still need to provide 2 witness when applying for marriage date as my frds told me no need any.:confused:

As far as from what the ROM website states:

"What to expect during eFiling:

a. Book a date/time for solemnisation.
b. Enter couples' details
(incl. name/Identity No. of 2 witnesses).
c. Make payment via Credit Card.
d. Print a copy of the Receipt and IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS, and follow up on what to do, what to bring, when to go ROM
(the allocated date will be 3-5 working days before the date of solemnisation) for verification of documents, Statutory Declaration, etc."

Sha_Gua75
26-08-2008, 09:14 PM

This I cant answer u liao...I am not god....But then pls do post your result here as I believed that many bros here like to know what happen after Ban period stuff...

KangTuo
26-08-2008, 09:29 PM

Bro, please do post the outcome here. Hope there will be no problem.

My girlfriend also banned 3 years... next year Aug due. 1 more year.

Thank you in advance

jackbl
29-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Last year around July there is also a big group of gals caught at Spring 72. They are being banned for 1 yr. Still have not seen anyone came back yet. Although said 1yr but it is up to Custom whether to let them enter into sgp or not.

Thank you in advance

RJ2004
29-08-2008, 02:25 PM

Thank you in advance

one more year wait only mah, my one due in 3 years :D

KangTuo
30-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Last year around July there is also a big group of gals caught at Spring 72. They are being banned for 1 yr. Still have not seen anyone came back yet. Although said 1yr but it is up to Custom whether to let them enter into sgp or not.

If we got a ROM date and I go Vietnam and fetch my galfriend here I think custom will somehow let her enter (of course after much interviewing). This will show that she is not coming here to work.

Talk about last year Jul 'big sweep' by ICA... my 19yo 'Ann Kok lookalike' gal not here yet. Called me in end of July and say shee will come soon. I waited and waited.. no come leh. Recenly she call me and ask me to go vn fetch her becoz she dunno if come alone can or not. She ask me to buy ticket for her. Sianz liao. Crap.

I am still waiting for to come. Last time no chance to bonk her as caught she is caught by police before I action. :(
Now wait 1 year.. I SAB liao... dunno can release it with her or not. :p

together14
01-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi all

My GF pass her Ban period already. Wants to come to Singapore for a short holiday but kena refuse entry by ICA even though I brought her back. The immigration officer told me to apply with ICA for permission to bring her in.

Anyone knows what to apply? I went down ICA 3 times and they never tell me what to do lo... Just say fill up form 14 which is applying for VISA. Viets don't need a VISA to come into s'pore .

Any good souls can advise?

Cheers

KangTuo
01-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi all

My GF pass her Ban period already. Wants to come to Singapore for a short holiday but kena refuse entry by ICA even though I brought her back. The immigration officer told me to apply with ICA for permission to bring her in.

Anyone knows what to apply? I went down ICA 3 times and they never tell me what to do lo... Just say fill up form 14 which is applying for VISA. Viets don't need a VISA to come into s'pore .

Cheers

The only thing i can say about ICA / immigration...KNN..crap

Sha_Gua75
01-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi all

Cheers

U can try the method below:

1) Maybe u can try writing a formal letter to ICA....cited her previous case, her details etc...then provide very good reason why she come in again...think they will reply in this way....

2) Go personally down to ICA and kpkb there..create a scene...make sute they give u an answer on how to get ur gf in.....that is if u dare....

3) Write to newspaper...spin a cock and bull stories....get the public notice....use public pressure....

Just my own personal view...not tested b4

SongC
01-09-2008, 09:09 PM
heard that rm sep 2008 all vietnam need to apply visa to entre singapore. pls ask ur bx to check b4 come to singapore or else they only come to changi airport camping.

KangTuo
02-09-2008, 01:23 AM
heard that rm sep 2008 all vietnam need to apply visa to entre singapore. pls ask ur bx to check b4 come to singapore or else they only come to changi airport camping.

Hear from alot WL also.. rumour or real? Agencies in VN also tell alot gals that they need VISA. Reason being that the agencies can earn more.

Check ICA website will know. Till date nothing is published about VN need VISA.

Foreigners holding ordinary passports issued by the following Assessment Level I Countries will require either a Business or Social Visit visa to enter Singapore:

India*
Myanmar*
People’s Republic of China (PRC)†
Commonwealth of Independent States†:
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Georgia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Moldova
Russia
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
AND

Holders of:
Hong Kong Document of Identity
Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit

Foreigners holding ordinary passports issued by the following Assessment Level II Countries will require either a Business or Social Visit visa to enter Singapore:

Afghanistan
Algeria
Bangladesh*
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan*
Lebanon
Libya
Morocco
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia+
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia*
Yemen
AND

Holders of:
Palestinian Authority Passport
Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates
Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries

Latest from press is about the e-VISA thingy
List of visa required nationals eligible to use e-Visa

(1) Commonwealth of Independent States+ (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan)

(2) India*

(3) Myanmar*

(4) People’s Republic of China+ (PRC)

(5) Holders of Hong Kong Document of Identity

(6) Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit

*Holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements.

+Holders of Diplomatic, Official, Service and Public Affairs passports are exempted from visa requirements for a stay of up to 30 days.

(This information is correct as of 25 August 2008)

bonoedge
30-12-2008, 03:14 AM
Hi bros, so far any sucessful cases for those gf kena banned before? So far heard of two sucessful cases but not very sure of the requirements....

callim2
08-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi to all bro in SBF.
Just finish reading this interesting tread, as I recently just ROM with my Vietnamese wife. Pls let me know thru pm if u guys r holding any coffee session.

Cheers....

Rejuvenation
15-09-2009, 01:59 AM
any bros know whether is there any difficulties or complications when marrying a Viet who is already divorced in her own country...how long must she be divorce before can go for rom in SG?

jackbl
15-09-2009, 09:36 AM
She must have the paper to certify that she is officially divorced.

any bros know whether is there any difficulties or complications when marrying a Viet who is already divorced in her own country...how long must she be divorce before can go for rom in SG?

sasman
15-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Fellow Bro,

Anyone can advice , my thai wife still on extended visitor permit but we have alr ROM in singapore. Are we able to apply for HDB hse just with the marriage cert?

Appreciate your bro reply. Thanks

sammyboyfor
15-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Fellow Bro,

Anyone can advice ,

Should be "Can anyone ADVISE...".

"Advice" is a noun.

mr blur
15-09-2009, 06:42 PM
hi Bros,

cheers
fleaz

i am not sure about the child thing, but i read some where..... you apply on line visa for her to come here .......... must stay in singapore for at least 3 week before can r.o.m so maybe apply r.o.m first than visa.........go ica with cert they will give her d.p.............than apply p.r

hope it help

qwerty781
15-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Fellow Bro,

Anyone can advice , my thai wife still on extended visitor permit but we have alr ROM in singapore. Are we able to apply for HDB hse just with the marriage cert?

Appreciate your bro reply. Thanks

If your wife has more than 6 months Visa, you can buy resale HDB flats.....
If Visa less than 6 months, u must be over 35 years of age...:)

Rejuvenation
15-09-2009, 11:25 PM
She must have the paper to certify that she is officially divorced.

Bro...if she got the official divorce already den will it still be troublesome for me to ROM with her in SG? will the officers her ask alot of things or not?

milfmilf
21-07-2010, 10:02 PM
bros with viet can share / update how is your marriage life so far? :D

shysaint
26-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Marriage Life ...... hmmmm ... Now me in Singapore, my wife having my baby is in Vietnam resting for the next 2 months as she not used to Singapore food ....

littleghost
19-02-2011, 05:49 PM
hey very first step need to do wat??? if im alrdy 21, she's 18 above. then first thing is to married in viet first right? then come singapore marry? whats the paper needed for the process in viet??

hydra123
10-04-2012, 02:45 PM
my marriage is registered in SG. If you planned to register at VN, please prepared for a long process. I remembered i tried to do that as follow:
1) To obtain the marriage status from ROM in SG. It must be a original letter.
2) Singapore Embassy in VN. To endorse all documents, including your passport
3) Foreign Affair for VN. To endorse before translation, cant recall if it's 6 set copies. (4 days minimum)
4) Translation from English to VN (4 days again...)
5) Bring the translated copies to be endorsed again... (4 days...)
6) Get your VN girl to Cong An to obtain the marriage status
7) They need a guarantor (they must own a piece of property in VN)
8) Visit the mental hospital for test.. (this is the funny part.. lol..) (about 1 week for result.. 2 months validity)
9) Register for interviews with their marriage department. (2 interviews.. about 1 week waiting time each)

If you are prepared for the above.. go ahead.. you still need to translate everything back to English when you are back to SG... :D

hydra123
10-04-2012, 02:50 PM
bros with viet can share / update how is your marriage life so far? :D

To me, vietnamese are simple people.. i am not quoting those that worked in KTV before. They care for their family members (including aunties.. uncles.. long distance relatives.. blar blar...) more than anyone.. if there is a "BLACK SHEEP" within the family, you are in big TROUBLE! financially i mean.. you don't help also cannot.. you help? you are "FOREVER" in their list.

Getting a VN wife is like.. dropping into a wu di dong "Black hole".. Getting their stay endorsed in SG is also another headache.. I regretted... :(

hydra123
10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
i am not sure about the child thing, but i read some where..... you apply on line visa for her to come here .......... must stay in singapore for at least 3 week before can r.o.m so maybe apply r.o.m first than visa.........go ica with cert they will give her d.p.............than apply p.r

hope it help

the 3 weeks stay is not a must unless the groom is not a SG. I learn thru the hard way.. lol

KinderBueno
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
A news reported (published in LianHe WanBao; 联合晚报) that Vietnamese bride will be difficult marrying overseas.

Vietnamese Government is controlling Vietnamese ladies for overseas marriage. Local marriage agencies having tough time now.

I still have the newspaper cutting.

Golden question
06-05-2012, 03:35 PM
A news reported (published in LianHe WanBao; 联合晚报) that Vietnamese bride will be difficult marrying overseas.

Vietnamese Government is controlling Vietnamese ladies for overseas marriage. Local marriage agencies having tough time now.

I still have the newspaper cutting.

Are u the boss of 1 of the marriage agency?Or creating news so that ppl will quickly go to those agency to find?even have newspaper cutting.

They already have tough time already,a few close down so with or without this news,is still the same and anyway this is just a news,if u dont know vietnam culture,then u have to know more.This have been happening all along there so nothing new and those agency still go there and find or send girls to come here to sit at their agency,so what do u think?

For_fun
06-05-2012, 04:09 PM
To me, vietnamese are simple people.. i am not quoting those that worked in KTV before. They care for their family members (including aunties.. uncles.. long distance relatives.. blar blar...) more than anyone.. if there is a "BLACK SHEEP" within the family, you are in big TROUBLE! financially i mean.. you don't help also cannot.. you help? you are "FOREVER" in their list.

Getting a VN wife is like.. dropping into a wu di dong "Black hole".. Getting their stay endorsed in SG is also another headache.. I regretted... :(

Bro,

It is the same with the Filipinos!!

Thats why I have always rejected my friends efforts to intro their VN & PH friends (proper OL-types) to me. I know that I do not have enough money to feed their entire village.. Don't want to live the rest of my life regretting..

naemlo
06-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Vietnamese Government is controlling Vietnamese ladies for overseas marriage.

This is an old news.... I watched a documentary on this in Hanoi years ago....

coper99
07-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi all

Cheers

another similar case hir.. galf banned for 3years endin las dec 2011., she book a flight on vietnam airlines 2 sg4 on 21th apr 2012.. but was deny entry n sent bk 2 vietnam on e next flight..she requested e officers 2 cal me 4 confirmation tat i m expecting her,but sadly,it was rejected,. she was told tat she need her boyf ( tats me ),2 bring her into sg4,.. n was cryin all e way bk 2 vietnam.. sigh..

hunterhi
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Then any story of how to treat my THAI wife... :D;) if got, pls pm me to share as I will like to know how? Xie Xie...

This is an old news.... I watched a documentary on this in Hanoi years ago....

naemlo
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Then any story of how to treat my THAI wife... :D;) if got, pls pm me to share as I will like to know how? Xie Xie...

Knn, here talk about Viet wife, u come n talk Thai wife... Later ppl here f u upside down... btw yours are "wives". :rolleyes:

If u have Viet wife, here a lot of experts who might be able to help u. :D

hunterhi
07-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok, I like to know how ma, I m newbies, then I wait for u to write a PM for me lor... Pai Sai... :p n I got no " wives " yet... still single...

Knn, here talk about Viet wife, u come n talk Thai wife... Later ppl here f u upside down... btw yours are "wives". :rolleyes:

If u have Viet wife, here a lot of experts who might be able to help u. :D

binz88
07-05-2012, 05:47 PM
i have this case..
vn gal been banned for 3 years then was allow to come in only when we are with her when entering. we need to be her guarantor. and every after when trying to enter we must be around.. that was once i was not with her, she was not allow to enter and been sent back. after that i went to pick her and bring her again, she cannot come in and must go ica help her apply... the officer at there will say the system dun allow her to enter.. haizzz.. also dunno what f@#$ is the system... haizz

asdfghjkl
07-05-2012, 07:53 PM
my friend is about to marry a Viet woman.. she was recommended by their mutual friend.. so no money is involved.. any problem foreseeable?

frostiee
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Anymore story line behind? How long have they known each other and is there any language barrier?

It's always the language barrier causing the problem regardless whether they know Mandarin or English... The understanding is still a main concern...

playboybunny
07-05-2012, 09:52 PM
my friend is about to marry a Viet woman.. she was recommended by their mutual friend.. so no money is involved.. any problem foreseeable?

You have doubts and your doubts will be the truth.

lasupkia
07-05-2012, 10:33 PM
my friend is about to marry a Viet woman.. she was recommended by their mutual friend.. so no money is involved.. any problem foreseeable?If u talking about registering marriage problem, depends on in Sing or VN. In Sing it's easier unless involve divorcee then need more documents. In VN, big headache to register, 1001 things to do and places to go, documents to be translated and notorized.

After getting married, problems of culture difference, food, language, level of cleanliness, parents & in-laws.

Marriage is never easy whatever nationalities involved.

KangTuo
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
another similar case hir.. galf banned for 3years endin las dec 2011., she book a flight on vietnam airlines 2 sg4 on 21th apr 2012.. but was deny entry n sent bk 2 vietnam on e next flight..she requested e officers 2 cal me 4 confirmation tat i m expecting her,but sadly,it was rejected,. she was told tat she need her boyf ( tats me ),2 bring her into sg4,.. n was cryin all e way bk 2 vietnam.. sigh..

i have this case..
vn gal been banned for 3 years then was allow to come in only when we are with her when entering. we need to be her guarantor. and every after when trying to enter we must be around.. that was once i was not with her, she was not allow to enter and been sent back. after that i went to pick her and bring her again, she cannot come in and must go ica help her apply... the officer at there will say the system dun allow her to enter.. haizzz.. also dunno what f@#$ is the system... haizz

1) be truthful in the declaration form
2) guarantor letter + photocopy of your ID is needed (no need to be personally there)
3) if able to enter, don't let your vb stay too long for every trip. 5 - 10 days..
4) provide consistent info for every trip

I did it deligently for years... occasionally my bx kana called into office only because of the declaration. She don't even need the "tien xach tay" also come in.

Once at budget terminal, the officer told me that my bx record is clean now but still need to declare truthfully.