PDA

View Full Version : MCYS and MP ignored sole breadwinner’s plea for assistance

Sammyboy RSS Feed
02-01-2014, 09:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

from TRE

MCYS and MP ignored sole breadwinner’s plea for assistance

I am a 30-year-old lady. I have a daughter who’s in primary 2. I had a second child who unfortunately passed away on November 2012.

I used to work in an office as an operation assistant for 3 years.

After my maternity leave, I went back to work on April 1st.

However, the management changed and my job title and salary were adjusted without informing me. I was so depressed at that time due to my loss of child at stillbirth.

I tried to work and follow their instructions working as a promoter. After a few days later, I could not endure, so I left the company without sending in a termination letter.

Couple days later, I received their letter from MOM.

I attended the hearing and explained to the judges how I felt. The case finally closed and the judge reprimanded my ex-boss for being heartless.

I won the case.

Since I’m the sole breadwinner in my family. I cannot stop working. I found a temporary part-time job as a shop assistant opposite my house.

Because I have to match my timing with my daughter who is studying during noon time, I have to hold on to this job with a $700+ salary.

Regrettably, our monthly expenditure hits almost $2k.

I went around to borrow money from my friends. I was left with no choice, so I went to MCYS Community Care to seek help. I explained to the officers what I went through.

He replied since I could survived so long with low pay, why did I come to them for help.

I was so angry and told him if he couldn’t help, there was no need for him to be nasty.

I then went to MP to lodge a complaint. It was no use as they reverted me back to the same officer. I was again asked to go for an interview.

I went and they wanted to see my husband.

My husband did not want to go so nobody wanted to help me at all. I tried calling the officer, explaining and begging him to approve my case. They rejected me once more.

I really need to find a stable job with better income.

Because of my daughter’s schedule, nobody’s helping me or her to get her ready before school time. I really don’t want to waste my money on hiring a nanny as I feel that it’s the same.

Just to share with you, Mr Gilbert, If you have any question, feel free to ask me.

Thanks.

Irene

* Letter first appeared on Transitioning.Org.

COMMENTS FROM TRE

AnT:
January 2, 2014 at 3:55 pm AnT(Quote)
Dear Irene,

The white party worships the devil and the sacrifices they need are human suffering and bloodshed to show their devotion and in turn receive powers to continue to delude the 60% who are still living in insouciance.

So guess who is paying through their nose now while they party the good life and enjoy $12/- chai tow kue and $8/- bypass surgey and not forgetting the $2.50 nasi padang.

These are beginning to sound like good material for the new song of the 12 Heartless Days of Christmas.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]

Just1more:
January 2, 2014 at 4:36 pm Just1more(Quote)
This is only a tip of the iceburg. I am surprise MPs and Ministers are not aware of dire conditions many of our Singaporeans faced. We are a proud people and no one will ask for help if we can help ourselves. Stupid remarks by MCYS is nasty. The officer is not fit to work in social organisation. Phui

Greatercause:
January 2, 2014 at 4:41 pm Greatercause(Quote)
This is heart wrenching. The least we could do is to make effort to empathise and not rationalise. Splitting hair goes to show how inept of us just to feel for the family or worst, we have, as a government agency, lost touch with the greater cause. Why even bother to have MCYS?

Terry Wen

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?171775-MCYS-and-MP-ignored-sole-breadwinner’s-plea-for-assistance&goto=newpost).