PDA

View Full Version : When People don't compare objectively and just spew nonsense..

Sammyboy RSS Feed
16-10-2013, 03:40 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Whenever I read or hear people make comparisons.. and do it "blindly" or intentionally blurring the facts, i get real frustrated and even angry.

I once read that old man said he didn't understand why the new generation wanted "work-life balance", and even went on to say that during his time, it was unheard of.

Of course he didn't hear of it in years past!! Ridiculous to even suggest that 20 to 30 years ago, that such a notion weighed heavily on every SG citizen's mind.. or even anyone around the world.

Let's face it, we are now so connected via the internet.. our mobile phones.. so much so that we can't say we didn't receive any messages.. or got the emails or the updates.. it is quite possible now to just hide at home and tell your family members to tell callers that you are not at home.

20 to 30 years ago, when mobile phones were not cheap.. not so easily obtainable.. having one not only meant you got money (or sponsor).. but also that you could be reached.. albeit maybe not 24 hours a day. Back then.. mobile phones didn't come with wi-fi or internet capabilities.. nor did they display pictures.. pagers were more the rage.. and internet was not as what it is today.

How can you compare.. if you don't take into account all of the above I just stated.. and just say out loud, 'i don't understand why people nowadays say they want work-life balance.. when back when we were working.. we just worked.." or blah blah blah.

NONSENSE!! Those who don't do a proper comparison with facts of yester-years with today's actual world, are hiding and glossing over the facts and presenting a totally WRONG picture.

And.. it is the same as comparing Singapore with any other country.. without taking into account the various differences in natural resources, population mix, geographical outlay and the history of the nation. It just doesn't give anyone the correct picture, if you just say, "SG can achieve Swiss standard of living..." and go on to say that to do so, we need to follow in the way Swisstzerland does business and the laws and whatever.

What does Swisstzerland that SG does not? Natural resources, a more homogenous population than SG (not so many different races I believe) and quite a long history in building a nation.. therefore.. one can safely assume they made some mistakes along the way.

sSo.. now.. whenever I hear or read some pappy tokcok, giving blind comparisons of whatever.. I just shake my head and hope not all SG people are dumb enuf to believe that person.

Seriuosly... SG people have got to think with their brain and really look at the facts.. and not just take things as what people tell them. Being ignorant should only be a thing of your younger days.. when you didn't know where to obtain information, and how to differentiate facts from "fairy tales". To continue to not find out the facts only shows one to be lazy.. not ignorant any more.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?166116-When-People-don-t-compare-objectively-and-just-spew-nonsense&goto=newpost).