PDA

View Full Version : Chao Ang Moh cyclist want us to give them way on the road

IwantbustyKim
13-10-2013, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuqXBenFVV0

innocently
13-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Bro, do u know why the poster removed the sound? u think....

fadetwoblue
13-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Bro, do u know why the poster removed the sound? u think....

hmmm for me i would side swap him then with car cam can prove that he ignore traffice rules...Aslo good chnage to just crash him as he stop in the middle of the road...also dead meat no speak:)

Thug
13-10-2013, 09:54 PM
I felt disgusted by the barbaric behavior of this cyclist after watching this video. He disregarded his own safety and put other road users in danger as well. Why? Becoz if a car runs over him, the driver will be penalize as well. The driver could be a innocent lorry driver whose family is waiting for him to bring back the bread.

Just yesterday morning, my wife and I heard someone shouted very clearly, "come kill me la!" Both of us turned around and it was a cyclist in his helmet and cycling suite shouting at a uncle driving a cement mixer. I don't know whose fault was it but all I know was why tout people like that?

These kind of cyclists know very well there's nothing drivers can do to them and hence the touting. But then again, they are the one putting themselves in danger in the first place.

Very typical and sad case of each man for himself.

jameschong1
13-10-2013, 10:51 PM
I felt disgusted by the barbaric behavior of this cyclist after watching this video. He disregarded his own safety and put other road users in danger as well. Why? Becoz if a car runs over him, the driver will be penalize as well. The driver could be a innocent lorry driver whose family is waiting for him to bring back the bread.

Just yesterday morning, my wife and I heard someone shouted very clearly, "come kill me la!" Both of us turned around and it was a cyclist in his helmet and cycling suite shouting at a uncle driving a cement mixer. I don't know whose fault was it but all I know was why tout people like that?

These kind of cyclists know very well there's nothing drivers can do to them and hence the touting. But then again, they are the one putting themselves in danger in the first place.

Very typical and sad case of each man for himself.
============
thug, stop talking like thug. the cyclist is an ang mo i.e. a foreigner or even a FT, may have just arrive on our shore & not familiar with our traffic rules.
so be more gentlemen and welcome to foreigners.
if u so rude & fierce, no foreigners come to Singapore then how
we need FTs & EMS Goh has already tell us to welcome FTs.

as a property consultant, I m very patient with foreigners. nor many of them even kai seow their friends to me as I earn their respect & trust with my patience. james chong rocks!

superhuman
14-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Cyclist bros, u may zap me here but my 2 cents worth.

I encountered quite a few of these ang mo before. F f a pain in e a**.

Qns I wanna ask is- do they pay road tax for their bicycles. They may buy tax for the car that they may own but definitely not the bicycle that they are riding on the road.

Not to mention the bicycle is a hazard because it is slow moving.

aia04
14-10-2013, 03:56 AM
As jeremey clarkson once said on top gear
" cyclist should not be on the road, if they choose to be more hardworking , they will made enough money to buy a car."

Period

sammyboyfor
14-10-2013, 04:13 AM
Qns I wanna ask is- do they pay road tax for their bicycles. They may buy tax for the car that they may own but definitely not the bicycle that they are riding on the road.

You're talking through your arse. The road is for everyone cyclists included. Funds for building roads are taken from the general taxes.

Cyclists have every right to use the roads. The fact that they're means motorists have to be more patient when there's a bike in front of them.

In congested cities like Singapore, there is little point overtaking a cyclists in the first place because the bike will simply catch up at the next traffic junction.

Just learn to be patient.

From LTA:

Roads are built and maintained using general taxes for all road users. No such thing as exclusivity. This might interest you:

http://www.togoparts.com/articles/news.php?artid=2785

-Land Transport Authority (LTA) Singapore

Cyclist Rights On Road, a site dedicated to public awareness about commuting by bicycle and to share about the cycling experience in Singapore, received the following reply from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) of Singapore regarding why cyclists do not pay road tax:

LTA's full official reply:

We refer to your email on 17 April 2013 to REACH.

We appreciate and share your concerns for the well being of all road users, be they pedestrians, cyclists or motorists. Public roads are intended to be used by all road users, including cyclists and pedestrians. They are built and maintained using public funds collected from general taxes, including those who do not use motorised vehicles. All road users should use the roads responsibly with consideration for other road users. To have safer roads, we are reaching out via public education together with the Traffic Police as well as the Safe Cycling Task Force.

To share with you, like most other countries, LTA does not license bicycles. This is because majority of the people may use bicycles for leisure or recreational purposes. Thus, it is administratively cumbersome to licence and maintains the registration records of bicycles for the purpose of road tax collection.

Having exempted bicycles from registration requirements in Singapore since 1982, its re-introduction would not only be viewed as regressive but will unnecessarily subject bicycle owners to onerous requirements. At the same time, it does not sufficiently protect other road users due to the difficulty of enforcing such requirements. Licensing is therefore neither practical nor cost-effective. Developed countries like UK, Japan, USA, EU countries, Australia and New Zealand also do not require the registration of bicycles.

Apart from traffic measures we need the co-operation of all road users to create a safe travelling environment. Through its public education programmes, the Traffic Police (TP) has been constantly reminding motorists to drive carefully and look out for other motorists and pedestrians on roads. These public education efforts will be stepped up to remind all road users to play their part to make our roads safe for all. We have copied TP and the Singapore Road Safety Council (SRSC) in this email for their attention.

Thug
14-10-2013, 09:34 AM
============
thug, stop talking like thug. the cyclist is an ang mo i.e. a foreigner or even a FT, may have just arrive on our shore & not familiar with our traffic rules.
so be more gentlemen and welcome to foreigners.
if u so rude & fierce, no foreigners come to Singapore then how
we need FTs & EMS Goh has already tell us to welcome FTs.

as a property consultant, I m very patient with foreigners. nor many of them even kai seow their friends to me as I earn their respect & trust with my patience. james chong rocks!

Haha...of coz welcome. Those Man-in-White say so. Anyway, foreigner or not its out of this context. I don't believe touting people like what he did need to be laid out in the law to tell people it's wrong. I'm citing cyclists that behaved like this. These are the rotten apples in the basket.

Thug
14-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Cyclist bros, u may zap me here but my 2 cents worth.

I encountered quite a few of these ang mo before. F f a pain in e a**.

Do you pay to cross a road?

arius3
14-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Welcome ft my ass. Firstly he ran past the traffic light before it turns green. Remember the romanian diplomat.

bigdad
14-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Run him down

TempLust
14-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Yah....public roads are meant for all road users.

As long as we are sharing something, follow basic rules and regulations. Have some etiquette and the same will be returned. This will provide the general safety of everyone in a long way.

There are always black sheeps. Cyclist included.

I have come across those that signal their intentions and motorist will give way.

I have come across those that make the most of the mobility of a bicycle and switch between being a road user and pedestrian walkway as and when it convenient them.

owl888
14-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Think LTA shd consider building a cycling lane besides most roads. Future trend will be cycling from MRT station to offices to work. That's why LTA is exploring building a stacker type for bicycle parking....

sammyboyfor
14-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Welcome ft my ass. Firstly he ran past the traffic light before it turns green. Remember the romanian diplomat.

I do that too in order to gain a few metres from the traffic. Once the lights turn red for the other road and there is no sign of oncoming traffic. I go.

If you wait till the light turns green, what happens is that cars will accelerate to get past you and take you out. I have been knocked off twice as a result after the side mirror of a car clipped my handlebars.

For cyclists, it is all about self preservation first and foremost. Motorists need to be more understanding and patient. If they tried cycling on a congested road for just 15 minutes, they'd realise how difficult it can be.

Tianake
14-10-2013, 01:53 PM
I do that too in order to gain a few metres from the traffic. Once the lights turn red for the other road and there is no sign of oncoming traffic. I go.

If you wait till the light turns green, what happens is that cars will accelerate to get past you and take you out. I have been knocked off twice as a result after the side mirror of a car clipped my handlebars.

For cyclists, it is all about self preservation first and foremost. Motorists need to be more understanding and patient. If they tried cycling on a congested road for just 15 minutes, they'd realise how difficult it can be.

so you mean it is ok for the cyclist to break the traffic rules?

if it is so difficult to cycle on the road, there is always an option for other transports.

sammyboyfor
14-10-2013, 02:26 PM
so you mean it is ok for the cyclist to break the traffic rules?

Yes it is OK because cyclists aren't allowed to follow the same rules as motorists.

If a cyclist was treated like a motorist, then they should be allowed to occupy a lane instead of being consigned to the gutter.

However, motorists don't take kindly to such behaviour so cyclists need to do what is necessary in order to be as safe as possible.

Tianake
14-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Yes it is OK because cyclists aren't allowed to follow the same rules as motorists.

If a cyclist was treated like a motorist, then they should be allowed to occupy a lane instead of being consigned to the gutter.

However, motorists don't take kindly to such behaviour so cyclists need to do what is necessary in order to be as safe as possible.

i hope he dun end in a coffin soon.

anyway this is a sex forum, why is this here in the first place. :D

dangerv
14-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Angry to see that angmoh behaviour. In fact he's taunting the driver at the same time creating potential traffic accident by stopping in the middle of the road after the traffic light. Man. If I was Ts I prob ram n smash his expensive bike once he dismount. .

micheal3373
14-10-2013, 03:01 PM
if i were the driver, this ang moh already inside hospital...

i'm the impatient one...