PDA

View Full Version : This Hainanese makes more sense than the whole cabinet...

Sammyboy RSS Feed
01-10-2013, 09:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Ngiam Tong Dow:

"I don’t know whether Lee Kuan Yew will agree but it started going downhill when we started to raise ministers’ salaries, not even pegging them to the national salary but aligning them with the top 10.

"When you raise ministers’ salaries to the point that they’re earning millions of dollar, every minister — no matter how much he wants to turn up and tell Hsien Loong off or whatever — will hesitate when he thinks of his million-dollar salary. Even if he wants to do it, his wife will stop him.

"Lim Kim San used to tell me, “Ngiam, if you want to leave your job, make sure you have enough walkaway money.” When the salary is so high, which minister dares to leave, unless they decide to become the Opposition party? As a result, the entire political arena has become a civil service, and I don’t see anyone speaking up any more."

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?164770-This-Hainanese-makes-more-sense-than-the-whole-cabinet&goto=newpost).