PDA

View Full Version : The need to take up high debt and struggle in Singapore is not progress....

Sammyboy RSS Feed
02-09-2013, 08:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

My grand father did not borrow a single cent and managed to raise 5 children.
My father was in debt for 7 years to pay for current 2 room hdb and raise one child.
A father.in my generation working the.same job as
my dad who.was.bus conductor.and later a factory worker probably cannot start a family ....a technician earning $1200 a month has to be indebt for.25 yrs to own his flat.

Why do we call this progress? ...each generation.becoming more deeply in.debt than.another being less able to retire than the previous.generation. Spending more time worrying than living.

When my father was alive and working in what was seen as a.low income job ...he never spent a day worry about job and.money.
Yet I see.my friends today working as trained trechnicians struggling to raise a family.

Is this progress when the life of one generation becomes worse than the next and even harder for the Children of this generation....

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?161777-The-need-to-take-up-high-debt-and-struggle-in-Singapore-is-not-progress&goto=newpost).