PDA

View Full Version : St Margaret's Principal (Marion Tan): life after the botakgate.

Sammyboy RSS Feed
08-08-2013, 01:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

"School principal Marion Tan has said that if the girls were allowed to go bald, others might take advantage. 'Can you imagine if I were to say 'yes', I'd have everybody come to school with a bald head,' she told The Straits Times" ['Why make bald stand a hairy issue?'(TNP, 06Aug2013 (http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/mgs_orders_girls_487360.html#post4910459))]

Honestly, if all the Students of St Margaret's (the future leaders and CEOs of tomorrow) were to become cancer society supporters and themselves adopt healthy lifestyles so as to reduce their own risk of cancer (and their consumption of public healthcare dollars), I think that Singapore society would much benefit from their moral contributions. The principal could of course give the girls a lecture before the hair shearing event if she found too many volunteering (?herd instinct), reminding them about the philosophy behind the act,and warning them of the serious repercussions if they made a blasphemed the sanctity of shorn heads (e.g., making jokes about cancer patients, behave obscenely(head banging), adding adornments (patterns)/ other discolorations to bare scalp etc) whether in school or in public- under the penalty of detention class and having to wear a wig with school uniform subsequently.

Anyhow, since the expertise of Ms Tan seems to be founded upon the monolithic discipline culture, may I kindly suggest the following job options to which she should outperform:
- NEA mosquito and health inspector: they are still hiring, dengue is a perennial problem with increasingly hot weather.
- Traffic police mobile squad: the number of traffic offenders she can spot (hand phone use while driving, speeding, reckless/ careless driving) will quickly reform drivers of their dirty act. Not to mention drastically reduce road fatality rates.
- HDB parking warden: 15 min fine $6, up to 1hr fine $20, no coupon fine $30. Any complains will be like water off a duck's back. The leisurely pace at which wardens can work is a good retirement occupation, free exercise too. Perhaps the financial losses that HDB declares annually will about turn.
- Reform counselor for Changi Prison Services. Even if prison were not such a difficult affair, having to listen to Ms Tan for 4 hours each day over the prison PA system might perhaps reduce Singapore Prison re-offender rates. Singapore's loan shark scourge could be one area of study.
- Security OIC, Prime Minister's personal security detail: all bases will be covered, no stone left unturned. Singapore's GDP might increase with investor confidence rise.
- SAF Regimental Sergeant Major: she can put the whole unit on parade and inspect the hairdos of every member. Any hairdo looking remotely familiar to her past experience shall be taboo, this shouldn't be too difficult a job to outperform.
- ICA officer: Drugs, weapons, protected plants and animals, persons without travel documents- these must not be allowed to be smuggled across Singapore boarders. I understand that ICA officers are overworked every-time a public holiday happens. The vigilant disciplinarian can perform well in this job.

The again, Minister Heng says that "Mrs Tan, on her part, has also reflected on her decision, and understood that the girls wanted to show empathy and solidarity with cancer patients... ...she has supported all 5 in their wish not to conceal their shaved heads." ['No wigs for St Margaret’s five: Education Minister' (TDY, 7Aug2013 (http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/no-wigs-st-margarets-five-education-minister))]

So if Minister is happy, whom am I to say otherwise but move on, but dear Mrs Tan, sometimes for the grater good of society, its good to move on to a higher plane.

As for St Margaret's Secondary School, charity needs to be at the heart of every girl graduating from that renown school.

Tags:
Discipline, St Margarete's, principal, cancer, charity, education,

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?159250-St-Margaret-s-Principal-(Marion-Tan)-life-after-the-botakgate&goto=newpost).