PDA

View Full Version : Is seagate a good company to join?

justwanadoit
29-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Can share ur advice ?

wally888
29-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Heard the Malaysian & PRC female operator can be sian easily :D :D

InNeedOfSex
29-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi TS, fyi this company has a high rate of retrenchment if market r down/bad. If I never remember wrong, their pay is considered lower as compared to market rates. Last time they start u off as contract workers. Not sure for now though.

InNeedOfSex
29-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Heard the Malaysian & PRC female operator can be sian easily :D :D

Erm yes n no bro. Really depends on ur luck n sweet mouth :rolleyes:

justwanadoit
29-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi TS, fyi this company has a high rate of retrenchment if market r down/bad. If I never remember wrong, their pay is considered lower as compared to market rates. Last time they start u off as contract workers. Not sure for now though.

If not workin in factory but the at science park side leh? That side consider R&D bah

SpikeTitan
29-06-2013, 09:48 PM
The turn over rate for semicon industry is very high. U come and go easily.

escaflower
29-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Forget abt the malaysian operators.. all lao auntie liao.. they are one of the surviving batches.. so probably u can aim prc syt

minahfav
29-06-2013, 10:47 PM
May i know What position u looking at? and now what are ur job tiltle?

Bangster
30-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Cumgate better..

Legitimate
30-06-2013, 01:11 AM
How is this to do with adult discussion about sex? :confused:

InNeedOfSex
30-06-2013, 01:14 AM
If not workin in factory but the at science park side leh? That side consider R&D bah

Sry TS, cos science park there I'm not very sure but it's a fact that the turnover rate for semicon industries r really quite high. I myself r in semicon industry now so touch wood, nothing bad will happen in the near future. ;)

InNeedOfSex
30-06-2013, 01:17 AM

Cos got Malaysian n PRC mei mei. So if TS is lucky enough, he will bed some of them n we will get to read some juicy stories from him :p

justwanadoit
30-06-2013, 01:52 AM
The turn over rate for semicon industry is very high. U come and go easily.

Seagate is not semicon but they are making SSD nw though.

kreator28
30-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Every morning u see agents at various mrt stations recruiting workers for seagate.They also put ads in newspaper daily.So its obvious that people dont stay long to work here,otherwise why would they hire workers everyday?

formidable
30-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Also depend on what experience the company can provide u to prepare for your future role . One man meat is another man poison. People say bad, may not mean bad for you

ang076
30-06-2013, 09:13 PM
I am also working in similar company at remote place, no food court or shopping centre nearby..

You must understand.

Who want to be production operator for long time and earn less pay?
Nobody wants. New generation of Singaporeans are looking for easy way to earn money, more freedom, and must have access to shopping centre.

N Level holders are very entreprising nowadays, they rent carts and sell mobile accessories , plus many other things.

You see those people, they enjoy the freedom of surfing online with laptop, tablet, and phones while waiting for sales.

It is better than wearing uniform and working non stop at production workshops.

My company had difficultly hiring young Singaporean males who want to work in production workshops for less than $1000.

It is getting more expensive to employ foreigners to work there.

My company had just fire young Singaporean gal because she felt asleep at production workshop. See? young Singaporean cannot tahan hardship of working in this kind of environment.

It had difficultly employing Poly diploma holders to work in office.
All executives are from Malaysia. They work here for 2 year term.
If ICA or MOM decided that they have to go , then off they go.

Why? they want to work in Raffles place or places where there are a lot of eateries nearby or Statutory Boards / Civil Service.

justwanadoit
30-06-2013, 11:47 PM

U haven read uncle lim story yet? Better go read first and u will know job nature very related to adult discussion

justwanadoit
30-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Every morning u see agents at various mrt stations recruiting workers for seagate.They also put ads in newspaper daily.So its obvious that people dont stay long to work here,otherwise why would they hire workers everyday?

I definitely dun fall into e category of workers these agents looking for , lol

Wintermelontea
01-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Can share ur advice ?

Have you been offered a post with them? If so, just take it and go for it. Nowadays, jobs are too few to go around for the locals. Why I will mention this? Because, too many graduates and lack of real jobs (or what's left for locals).

Pardon me for saying the above and I am not against foreigners.

jameschong1
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Can share ur advice ?
===
if u are street smart, talk well, honest & hardworking, can consider to be property agent. $5k close one eye every month easily
my rooky agents all take in this amount in their 2ns month & they only have n level, ite only

KobeBeef
01-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Looking for job prospect or FL ? Strange to see this topic here.

Johnston
01-07-2013, 10:49 PM
I am also working in similar company at remote place, no food court or shopping centre nearby..

On the bright side TS may just find himself starring in Unseen Domination II.... :D

On a more serious note bro ang can u share some details like hourly pay of line worker etc and other things....

and to TS , is your question towards serious matter like future plan, career etc or the fukcakability of the production operator....

xxFTOxx
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Cumgate better..

Heheh maybe u were referring to Semens hahaha

justwanadoit
02-07-2013, 03:20 AM
On the bright side TS may just find himself starring in Unseen Domination II.... :D

On a more serious note bro ang can u share some details like hourly pay of line worker etc and other things....

and to TS , is your question towards serious matter like future plan, career etc or the fukcakability of the production operator....

Career 1st , the rest of topics also can tok about

Teochew Citizen
02-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Come on... here is sex forum.

Is this thread link?

justwanadoit
02-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Come on... here is sex forum.

Is this thread link?

That means u haven read Uncle lim story. Pls click on my link and go read uncle lim story first

geckoSG
02-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Outstanding, Seagate must be happy now that their company is listed in a sex forum...

For god sake, you wanna work inside there, come sex forum and ask one meh?

LOLz... Good luck sia...

Johnston
02-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Career 1st , the rest of topics also can tok about

alright first u can start by saying
1) are you going to be production worker
2) or others etc etc

from personally experienced - turnover of electrnoic industry line worker and even low level supervisor is fuck yeah high - whole floors can be laid off and shit...

the money , way back when... lets just say its good money for 16yr old but shitty money for other age group and even if you work the maximum allowed hours under MOM law you earning maybe 2k , 2.5 k???

maximum hours under mom law I forget already and I cant be bothered to look up - but put it this way, to get max hours you need to do 10 or 12 hour shift a day even more - until 18 hour shift maybe? (I've done 5 x 18hr week before)

now moving on to the fuckagbitliy of line workers - of course the potential is there , its exist every where there is boy and girl do work. high turnover of staff is good news for fuckers who want more fuckees providing that the fucker never get fired with the rest of the whole plant :rolleyes: the lucky fucker if he stays employed may find a steady replenishing supply of bright eyed local girls or silly foreign talent etc.

there you go for the line operator view

P.S TS don't quote this whole post

P.S 2 Yeah I can spell fuckability, so don't correct my threat (thread) :cool:

justwanadoit
02-07-2013, 08:57 PM
1. No
2. Yes

ang076
02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Production operator or private sector equivalent of public sector Divison 4 worker earns $7 per hour on average. They worked for 10 hours sometimes.

If office hour ended on 6 pm, they have to work till 8 pm or so. (they entitled to overtime pay of 1.5 times hourly wage or 2 times hourly wage if work on Sun or public holiday. For example : if they work OT till 9 pm , then OT pay willl be
((9pm- 6pm) X hourly wage X 1.5)

They are entitled to 7 days annual leave .

Like that , how many Singaporean males willing to work there?
For example, Woodlands Industrial estates, one need to take to MRT to Woodlands then change bus (very crowded in the morning.)

If company dont do well, no bonus for them.

Even Division 4 public servants are better off than them.
(annual bonus are guaranteed ,14 days annual leave, plus many kind of benefits. like loan for buying vehicles, house ) (you know, Division 4 civil servants get to buy motorcycles...)

Do you want to work in shopping centres, selling mobile accessories, or working in factories, slogging your body out , cannot relax?

Many youngsters prefer to be shop asst in a trolley like stall, where they enjoyed more freedoms.. One of my friends at this kind of stall, sitting down, play games, or doing forex trading on mobile while waiting for customers.

ang076
02-07-2013, 09:30 PM
It is better to study hard to get diploma or degree, to be executive or above, in SME factory . because if the boss like you, you get better increment, plus faster promotion.

You get to work in same storey as the management. Management are watching your performance visually, do you know office staff get more bonus than production worker? When go dining with clients , boss will ask office staff to join in while production worker slog all days? that is meritocracy.
If you do well in studies, you get better work life.

Johnston
02-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Bam! Leave it to bro meina, opps Ang to seal d deal.
And that there ts all u needed to know:D

MuffDiver69
04-07-2013, 11:00 AM
if position offered is at science park, go for it. if its for any of the other plants, don't bother. i deal with the same industry. all the executives including managers are used and abused....lol not sexually. unless you are strong in office politics, its not easy to survive.

the RD side is better. more freedom.

jameschong1
04-07-2013, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=MuffDiver69;9274356]unless you are strong in office politics, its not easy to survive.
====
many of these executives, managers are balls-carrier, act like faggot in front of female colleagues & top management but act yaya papaya in front of male colleagues especiallu juniors.
managers? so what? retrench tomorrow must work as taxi driver or security guard or cleaners right?
can they close one eye easily earn $5k a month like my rooky agents?

seag..e - so what? go jump into sea lah!