PDA

View Full Version : Air Pollution - what is worse ? Forest Fires or Fumes from Refinery Chimminey

Sammyboy RSS Feed
18-06-2013, 03:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

hello all,

What really is worse, in terms of damage to human cells - the seasonal Indonesia Forest Fire micro soot, blowing into Singapore, or the constant 24hour emission of refinery exhaust, that comes out of the refineries in Pulau Bukom, Jurong Island ?

Depending on the South West and North East seasonally winds,...certain housing estates smells chemical odours,...cocoa favours,..rotton eggy smell from respective industry here.

And not forgetting the soot from container ship funnels, that occasionally blows into some Sentosa Properties,..and are the exhaust fumes from aircrafts approaching / leaving Changi Airport, toxic ?

And last, but not least,....there is the occasional chemical odour, suspected from the industry in Pasir Gudang,..opposite Sembawang (and again sooooo close to the Naval and SHipyards,..expulsing dirt into the air,...)

And even before the haze,..when I walk along the Orchard Road pedestrian ways,..often I smell stench,..like brokened-sewer pipes,..and stale cooking oils,...

And Singapore still tries to mask all - by increasing cocooned mechanical air-conditioning,..which utimately adds to accelerated Global Warming.

Am I wrong, right or left ?

Thank You

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?154763-Air-Pollution-what-is-worse-Forest-Fires-or-Fumes-from-Refinery-Chimminey&goto=newpost).