PDA

View Full Version : Bragging about being vegetarian & compassionate, yet he goes whoring.. Acceptable?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
25-05-2013, 06:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Is it right to brag about being vegetarian & compassionate, yet one goes whoring?

Honestly I am not referring to that Malaysian chump in this forum alone.

I am talking about a real life person whom is my ex-colleague. This person is a vegetarian and he always brag about it. Always telling the rest about the harm of meat eating. Also sometimes he talks about compassion for not killing. However, I know his secret and that he goes cheonging in Health Centre, TN, Geylang and sometimes in Bangkok & Hatyai. In fact, he had a few Thai "singers" friends who used to work in Golden Mile. He visits these singers friends in Thailand a few month once and give them gifts and money....

Being a Buddhist, of course I am for the idea of being a vegetarian (although I am not one) and being compassionate. However, my point is, what is the point of bragging about being vegetarian & compassionate, yet this guy does whoring and bragging and impose his "values" on others?

If we want to practise correct Buddhism, get the basics correct first...

Also to add, I am in no moral position to say that it is wrong for someone to go whoring (since it is a commercial transaction per se). But I just cannot reconcile the fact that someone is bragging about vegetarian and compassion, yet go whoring!!

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?152948-Bragging-about-being-vegetarian-amp-compassionate-yet-he-goes-whoring-Acceptable&goto=newpost).