PDA

View Full Version : Shane Todd again: Good Comment from CNN forummer

Sammyboy RSS Feed
25-05-2013, 02:10 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

From CNN Forummer
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/23/wo...l?eref=edition (http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/23/world/asia/singapore-todd/index.html?eref=edition)

Quote:
Humblehouse

I totally agree with you. I am a Singaporean who have no connection to the case in a personal capacity for the record. However, as I have been following the case, I get more and more offended by the Todd's family's arrogance. I mean, yes, one can understand the grief and pain of losing a son but then, this does not give them the right to go around condemning anyone as they deem fit.

Putting emotions aside, let us examine the facts.

1) The Singapore government has actively cooperated with their USA counterparts and, yes, Americans had been involved for much of this process (all the way when the death was discovered). Are you telling me that the Americans officials and highly trained agents would not discover something amiss and voice out accordingly? For your information, not every country will be so forthcoming and cooperative as Singapore in being so open with their American counterparts and even having to endure the Todd's repeated rudeness in the process.

2) I am ethnically Chinese but this does not mean I am a blind supporter of China in every case. However, in this one, I cannot help but be fully turned off by the Todd's family insistence of a "conspiracy theory". Gees, the Cold war has been over for about 2 decades! And, if one would to read carefully, an American company was working with Huawei at some stage (I am unsure of the extent). Tell me, if there is really something so serious to the point where American's national security (a phase that has been so abused by Americans to justify any actions they want) is threatened, I highly doubt that there would not be anyone in the American firm who will not voice out to higher authorities.

3) Singapore has been a staunch ally of the US for decades. Do you really think that the Singapore government would allow any activity that would harm its relationship with the US? Shane Todd was not working in some secret building or garage, ok. And, yes. What was the nature of his research? Was he involved in the development of some weapons of mass destruction?

4) The Todds walked out the moment THEIR witness changed his stance. What does this say about them (and please do not tell me that their witness must have been coerced by some Chinese or Singapore agents).

5) I am a huge fan of American pop culture and from what I learn and observe from the countless spy/ countless movies I have watched, I feel that if there is really a foreign government which is determined to kill a young man like Shane, it will be 'clean' and thus, leaves no room for all this discussion.

6) And yes, does one seriously think a young researcher will be such a threat to a big country like China that it has to kill him? Come on, let us have some balanced perspective, please.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?152942-Shane-Todd-again-Good-Comment-from-CNN-forummer&goto=newpost).