PDA

View Full Version : Chiongsters Dead End

Malaysian Datuk
04-04-2005, 02:13 PM
This phrase was actually coined by a good bro long ago but this topic came up again for discussion recently with some of the bros and with most of the examples I have personally witnessed, I have to agree with this statement....maybe the bros here can share their views.

Malaysian Datuk
04-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Ok let me elaborate....

Example one: Chiongster A, normally a financially prudent person but within few months of being introduce to the wonderful world of chionging, max out on his credit cards.....leading to financial woes.

Example two: Chiongster B, high flying exec. With his well paid job, he can still afford to support his chionging habit but due to the frequent drunken late nights....job performance suffers, got the sack.

Example three: Chiongster C, wealthy sob doesn't need to work. Have both the time and money for chionging......but reckless lifestyle led to him contracting the dreaded HIV.....death sentence.

These examples may or may not be thru and many the bros got some other experiences to share too but does chionging really lead to a dead end? Any happy endings to share?

OkoBoko
04-04-2005, 03:15 PM
well, md. wat's is life without cheong'ing? for me, cheongs' goes on. :)

Malaysian Datuk
04-04-2005, 03:18 PM
I agree but I'm really disillusion right now.....chiongster all end up down the same road one....maybe partly because now I kena KC trap.....I know the how the ending will be but still walk right into it so was hoping to hear some happy ending chiongsters stories :(

ballzballz
04-04-2005, 03:19 PM
actually, I met with one of the samsters b4. he got to cheonging bcos he is bored, got money to spare and single. Then after cheonging, he found the ger of his dreams and fell in love with the ger. and they are preparing to get married sometime this yr. like tat considered happy ending?

for me, its only after cheonging for a while that make me realise what I actually lack in life. funni it may seem, but I got more motivated to earn more money with the same drive as those ktv gers.

My thoughts are that somehow or another, those hardcore cheongsters might one day lead themselves out of this "addiction" and go back to the "normal" path, not neccesarry lead to the downfall. but I do agree that over cheonging might lead one's work performance to suffer..... for I'm one of those previously. lucky I bucked up, ah boh now no money to pay for internet liaoz.....

Statements are my 02 cents of thoughts. flame me if you do not agree, but do state your nick and reasons. its all for the good of discussions.

OkoBoko
04-04-2005, 03:25 PM
I agree but I'm really disillusion right now........maybe partly because now I kena KC trap.....I know the how the ending will be but still walk right into it so was hoping to hear some happy ending chiongsters stories :(

It may or may not be a trap. bro md, u r a seasoned cheongster, do wat u deemed is right, bottom-line is yrself........cheer up bro. :)

twintower
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
船到橋頭自然直。

馬照跑, 舞照跳, 小姐照樣叫。

Castrol
04-04-2005, 03:43 PM
we should have a Dead Cheongsters Society here...
similar to Dead Poets Society. :D

Malaysian Datuk
04-04-2005, 03:45 PM
we should have a Dead Cheongsters Society here...
similar to Dead Poets Society. :Dgreat idea! the dead chiongsters can then gather and wax lyrical about the 'good old days' :)

lawry
04-04-2005, 03:52 PM
cheong definately is a highly addictive and expensive event..

imagine..
cost of bonks- cheapest $40 ~ $500 (FL/GL)
drinks $0 (if u are drinks sucker that basically leech on ur friends) ~ $200 (1 bottle)..
KTV trips (easily $100 ~ $200 per time)
HC ($140 per trip)
TN ( $58 (cum HJ) to $138 (cum FJ)
overseas bonking trip ($500 ~ $2000)

Oh i admit.. during my young days.. i sign credit card like nobody's biz.. until i bursted.. max out.. heng.. i negociate with banks and have paid back (owe 2 banks only)..

Cheong is a expensive activity.. especially if u ganna KC traps.. the gal will make u bleed.. my KC traps is not by a WL/KTV/HC lady but a SQ gal i pick up... ganna she really knows how to suck my money.. tat time stupid.. i know she is sucking my money.. but i created excuses for her.. and let her cheat me.. sigh..

I would suggest to young cheongsters.. LEARN TO SAY NO TO UR FELLOW CHEONG KAKI if u financially cant make it..
create a spread sheet and record ur expense on cheonging.. if not.. u definately over spend.. happy dick but sad big head when u see ur bills...

newly grad or new ppl to workforce the most $3 per month.. after CPF.. $2400.. after giving to family, hp, transport,meals and sian GF.. the most left with $500.. careful...

cheers

lawry

DNAT
04-04-2005, 04:19 PM
newly grad or new ppl to workforce the most $3 per month.. after CPF.. $2400.. after giving to family, hp, transport,meals and sian GF.. the most left with $500.. careful...

S$3K har? :o

lidat those earning S$1800 per month can just E Y T liao leh ... hahaha

NSF fellas just watch RA show and PCC :eek:

Marlboro69
04-04-2005, 05:01 PM
No hard feelings, but the followings were my truth accounts:

24yrs old, regular in the SAF. Monthly take home about $2K+. so more than 30K per year. Hands itchy, apply for credit cards and overdraft from banks. - BIG MISTAKE number 1.
3 months down the road, everything still ok. Can save about $500 per month. That time got gf, so think of getting marry.
Then got to know kakis or brothers from the same unit, so go cheong. U name it I went to it. From KTV, Night Clubs, Discos, Pubs, HC and JB (very famous) Max out on all my credit cards and over draft within 2 year. (total about 4 banks)
Every month pay min payment then take the money out and go cheonging again. Then sudenly new ideas came in, apply for credit card from other bank (previuosly didn't apply) and use it to pay older cards. This goes on for about 4 months. ANOTHER BIG MISTAKE. It's like u got 4 holes then u dig another 4 hole to fill up the older ones.
Then after a while get bore, so look for kakis and brothers to cheong again. This time even worst, almost drunk very night. By the age 28yrs old, I've own about 8 banks money, total about $60K ( 8 credit card, u name it, I've got it. And 5 over draft)
Banks sent letters to my home, I also don't give a damn.
Then suddenly someone very close said something to me.
"How long can u go on? Every night drunk very shiok meh? What u drank u either urine out or vomitted out, so what's the point?"
So I decided to wake myself up. After I ROD or now called ORD, I look for a decent job. Get paid about $1.9 a month. Then slow talk with all banks and worked very hard at my new job. Always do OT till max hours. Managed to get promoted in the 2nd and 4th year. Finally cleared all debts within 4 years. Within that 4 painful years, I kept reminding myself not to contact all those kakis & so called brothers. By the 3 year, married with my current wife.
I'm 34yrs old this year only cheong HC 1 evey month and sometime drink with friends at coffeeshop (cheaper).

lawry
S$3K har? :o

lidat those earning S$1800 per month can just E Y T liao leh ... hahaha

NSF fellas just watch RA show and PCC
wah liao.. u see the price menus i listed... still can go for Cat$40 or once a month pamper urself to a CAT$150 lah..

NSF fellas.. can try ur best to sian one gal and ask that gal to satisfy u loh..

and wats wrong with watching X-rated movie and PCC?? I do that too during my NS time leh... :p not like u born with a silver spoon..

Ethanas
NSF fellas just watch RA show and PCC :eek:

Uncle DNAT, some NSF still gets pocket money from rich parents one hor. In fact, I believe many NSF would probably have more spending power than us working + married + have kids younger working people lor.

OkoBoko
04-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Bottomline - Cheong within yr means. ;)

euphoria777
04-04-2005, 05:09 PM
I think at the end of the day....it all boils down to self control...... on both your wallet and your emotions....

euphoria777
04-04-2005, 05:10 PM
meaning.....got money go cheong, no money pcc or bonk your wife / GF.....
and when cheonging....leave your emotions at home.

sjb1994
04-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Cheong for so many yrs, that's one rule I never forgot (fr a lau ciau). "Don't borrow/lent money to cheong, and clear your credit card every month". Yes, it's easy to talk than action, but it will safe us from troubler. Credit card charge 24% interest (last time no bal transfer offer), personal credit also >10%. if owe $5000 per yr, one mth pay interest $100, GL $80 one bonk liau.

The most important, as per bro okoboko, cheong within your own limit.

MachoDevilX
05-04-2005, 02:00 AM
Cheong for so many yrs, that's one rule I never forgot (fr a lau ciau). "Don't borrow/lent money to cheong, and clear your credit card every month". Yes, it's easy to talk than action, but it will safe us from troubler. Credit card charge 24% interest (last time no bal transfer offer), personal credit also >10%. if owe $5000 per yr, one mth pay interest $100, GL $80 one bonk liau.

The most important, as per bro okoboko, cheong within your own limit.

I agree. For me, I will never owe credit card bills and always clear on time. This is my principle rule of spending. Spend only when you can afford.

:cool:

xiaoqiang
05-04-2005, 02:12 AM
It's like an old saying "Fang Xia Du Dao, Li Di Cheng Fou" and "Hui Dou Si An"... =)

flaxseed
05-04-2005, 03:18 AM
sigh datuk...u inspired by me is it? :o kekeke... just kidding. Is cheonging a dead end? I dunno...my cheonging lifestyle can be measured by days. Some of the old birds might have been doing it for decades.

End of the day, I guess everyone has their reasons to cheong. Some are just horny, some have other issues. End of the day, there's a saying in mandarin "Every house has its own sad tale".

But i think at the end , whether it is a dead end depends on the individual. My motto in life "The hole I dig for myself, I will have to climb out by myself". This motto I learnt the hard way.

Be it KC trap, credit card bill, drug addiction...all these things are our own choices. Nobody can force us, maybe persuade but end of the day, it is our choice. But since we can make the choice to go in, we must never forget we have the choice to come out. Getting up is always harder but it is the getting up that enriches your life. Nietzche said "That which does not kill me shall only make me stronger"

Cheonging to me right now is not a dead end. It is a pit-stop. Like formula one racing, have to relax awhile, change tires and get maintenance. So that I can get back on the race of my life. The important thing i guess is to make sure you don't end up living in the cheonging pit-stop.

I'm glad you brought this matter up and I will remember that cheonging should only be temporary and never dominate my life.

cheers

asdfghjkl
05-04-2005, 03:22 AM
think gonna setup a thread: how to avoid falling into kc trap! :)

Zack Tan
05-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Hi bro.,
Seriously, you should considering cheonging KTV/FL/GL/TN/HC can be additive and if one is not careful, it can dominate your life! I've seen personally some of my colleagues's lives been ruin and it is sad. Few have the mental strength and financial resources to with stand the addictions. Before you realised it, you are in deep shit! Cheong within your means if you must. So bro. asdfghjk, please do the younger and less experience the favour.
Cheers,

sjb1994
05-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Cheonging to me right now is not a dead end. It is a pit-stop. Like formula one racing, have to relax awhile, change tires and get maintenance. So that I can get back on the race of my life. The important thing i guess is to make sure you don't end up living in the cheonging pit-stop.

Bro, you have forgotten when a car failed, it goes back to the pit. :p

Optimus_Prime
05-04-2005, 09:38 AM

Gd idea bro. Cheoning lifestyle is really a money-sink.... and it's addictive as well ... worse when u kenna "blinded" by a certain WL and start to "feel" for her... then it really spiral downwards.

Siam_Bu
05-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Example one: Chiongster A, Found a true luv & change each other life, help her out no more working in KTV. (Lead a normal Life)

Example two: Chiongster B, Learn to become more man & Marcho.

Example three: Chiongster C, Chiong alot, FxxK so many girls, experience Jap, Korean, Philippine, malay & many many country, very proud hv world wide record but dont need to bring them home & get married hee hee.

This is happy ending kekekekeke

lawry
05-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Example one: Chiongster A, Found a true luv & change each other life, help her out no more working in KTV. (Lead a normal Life)

Example two: Chiongster B, Learn to become more man & Marcho.

Example three: Chiongster C, Chiong alot, FxxK so many girls, experience Jap, Korean, Philippine, malay & many many country, very proud hv world wide record but dont need to bring them home & get married hee hee.

This is happy ending kekekekeke

the three u mention above all needs lots of money..

thus, meaning only the rich will have happy ending?? :(

Castrol
05-04-2005, 10:16 AM
No hard feelings, but the followings were my truth accounts:

Finally cleared all debts within 4 years. Within that 4 painful years, I kept reminding myself not to contact all those kakis & so called brothers. By the 3 year, married with my current wife.
I'm 34yrs old this year only cheong HC 1 evey month and sometime drink with friends at coffeeshop (cheaper).

bro... talking about credit card makes me cry...

the coffeeshop is always the best place to fall back on. during the "dark" days, my friends and me, all debt ridden, know the coffeeshop owner so well, we can drink beer everyday and pay him on payday. and we were all in our early 20s only!

we cheonged, hug girls in so many ktv and nightclubs like bloody rich men's sons, took turn sign and sign, but in the end, we end up hugging each other in the coffeeshop for many many months.....

nowadays my cards are used mainly for petrol.....

sigh..... credit cards..... :(

lawry
05-04-2005, 10:21 AM
bro... talking about credit card makes me cry...

sigh..... credit cards..... :(
now u know why banks LOVE to make u sign up for credit card right.. :p
They called it FREEDOM!!
to do what u wan to do with a CREDIT CARD!!..

but they forget to mention.. PAYBACK TIME!!..

Castrol
05-04-2005, 10:51 AM
now u know why banks LOVE to make u sign up for credit card right.. :p
They called it FREEDOM!!
to do what u wan to do with a CREDIT CARD!!..

more like PAYBACK BIG TIME for many a poor fella..... :D

nicodemuz
05-04-2005, 11:01 AM

agreed wholeheartedly...should have such a thread else..
people like me will ask stupid qns in the forum...
up you...

Siam_Bu
05-04-2005, 11:02 AM

:( so sad, nevermind its ok dont worry be happy la dont think so much lets built up our morel chiong chiong chiong, if not in SBF become low profile n FL Cia Ka Ki liao hee hee

CharlieBrown
05-04-2005, 11:16 AM

With so many gimmicks by the various banks, just to entice you to take up their cards, the number of credit card debtors is gonna to increase!

Haiz........ that's why I dun like to use advance cash aka credit card, though sometimes quite convenient.

Better to stick to debit cards, at least got more control............

Siam_Bu
05-04-2005, 11:20 AM
With so many gimmicks by the various banks, just to entice you to take up their cards, the number of credit card debtors is gonna to increase!

Haiz........ that's why I dun like to use advance cash aka credit card, though sometimes quite convenient.

Better to stick to debit cards, at least got more control............

Yea Yea debit card wan swee.
my credit card all cannot use liao :( credit limit $6k my bill $6.5k :(

vesfreq
05-04-2005, 01:16 PM

Technically, yes. The unfortunate reality is that to have a happy ending entails a price, as well.

In any case, the same applies to non-clubbing women, including even the thrifty ones. Marriage always means burning a hole in the wallet.

lawry
05-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Technically, yes. The unfortunate reality is that to have a happy ending entails a price, as well.

In any case, the same applies to non-clubbing women, including even the thrifty ones. Marriage always means burning a hole in the wallet.
Seems like u have some stories to tell us.. please do? ALL EARS...

DNAT
05-04-2005, 02:28 PM
not like u born with a silver spoon..

no lah, I did not born with a silver spoon lah;
I born with a ku ku jiao instead .. hahahah :D

lawry
05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
golden ku ku jiao?!?!??!!??!??! :eek: (better than silver spoon)

OkoBoko
05-04-2005, 02:33 PM

A silver spoon wif a golden cucu jiao? Wa! 天下无敌咯!

DNAT
05-04-2005, 03:12 PM

did I typed golden ? or you like to add in the word golden at your own wish ?

:rolleyes:

DNAT
05-04-2005, 03:17 PM
A silver spoon wif a golden cucu jiao? Wa! 天下无敌咯!

睾 丸 啦 , 金 枪 不 倒 才 是 天 下 无 敌 :)

lawry
05-04-2005, 03:30 PM
DNAT 金 枪 不 倒!!!!!!! :eek:

wahpiang
05-04-2005, 03:35 PM

just a ku ku jiao and nothing else? :D

OkoBoko
05-04-2005, 03:37 PM

Golden KuKu 就是金枪咯,失敬,失敬! :D

Looksee
05-04-2005, 03:39 PM
what does cucu jiao and silver spoon got to do with this thread.....all off-topic........

nbzzzzzzzzz.........another tcss thread...........

:D

wahpiang
05-04-2005, 03:44 PM
what does cucu jiao and silver spoon got to do with this thread.....all off-topic........

no leh. if just a ku ku jiao and nothing else, as good as a "dead" end. kekekekeke! :D

xp30
05-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I agree but I'm really disillusion right now.....chiongster all end up down the same road one....maybe partly because now I kena KC trap.....I know the how the ending will be but still walk right into it so was hoping to hear some happy ending chiongsters stories :(

But then, 30,000 men got Prostate Cancer every year, 300 people got AIDS. Either way you die!! So, brother, chiong aahhhhh!!!!!!!!

DNAT
05-04-2005, 03:47 PM
DNAT 金 枪 不 倒!!!!!!! :eek:

谢 谢 你 的 夸 奖 :D

OkoBoko
05-04-2005, 03:50 PM

Ya hor, i still tot i'm replying in the "feel soooo good" thread. kekeke, sori hor. :D

Looksee
05-04-2005, 04:06 PM
no leh. if just a ku ku jiao and nothing else, as good as a "dead" end. kekekekeke!

u saying DNAT as good as dead?

:eek:

DNAT
05-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Ya hor, i still tot i'm replying in the "feel soooo good" thread. kekeke, sori hor. :D

你 假 假 在 替 自 己 找 借 口 tcss hor .. ;)

DNAT
05-04-2005, 04:12 PM
u borrow wahpiang's knief to kill me huh? :rolleyes:

wahpiang
05-04-2005, 04:13 PM

:eek:

The end is dead, not Dnat lah. you like dat say him goot meh? :D

OkoBoko
05-04-2005, 04:13 PM
你 假 假 在 替 自 己 找 借 口 tcss hor .. ;)

他奶奶的,这样都给你试穿了。 :rolleyes:

wahpiang
05-04-2005, 04:14 PM
u borrow wahpiang's knief to kill me huh? :rolleyes:

i dun kill. i give life and i have lots to give life to. kekekek! :D

OkoBoko
05-04-2005, 04:15 PM
The end is dead, not Dnat lah. you like dat say him goot meh? :D

哇扁大哥,你的太极拳好历害哦! :eek:

DNAT
05-04-2005, 04:23 PM
他奶奶的,这样都给你试穿了。 :rolleyes:

你 那 招 - 浑 水 摸 鱼
我 早 就 用 过 了 :D

wahpiang
05-04-2005, 04:38 PM

kum sia kum sia. train very long in SBF oridi. :D

DNAT
05-04-2005, 04:51 PM

你 的 ‘无 中 生 有’ 也 不 错 哟 , 失 敬 失 敬 :p

spermmann2003
06-04-2005, 12:32 AM
For me, its Example 4: Cheongster who save up 20 dollars every day and prepare for the great battle every 2 weeks.

Eat bread never mind, but must have sex.

Scientist have proven that a man can survive 30 days without any food, but cannot last through 3 weeks without sex.

Looksee
06-04-2005, 08:46 AM
你 的 ‘无 中 生 有’ 也 不 错 哟 , 失 敬 失 敬

here got alot of martial art experts hor? i better siam otherwise might end up in hospital..........

:rolleyes: