PDA

View Full Version : After reading Bro okoboko's story,

cumming
03-04-2005, 09:37 PM
I realised I need to pen this down.. This particular WL place a small part in my heart.. and I will remember her for as long as I live..

All the while she's inside, I was there like her guardian, patiently waiting for her presence.. Time seems to stop for a moment when she's not around.. surrounding was still bustling with activities, negotiation was going on and deal was clinched.. many times, I will docked behind a pillar that I had carefully selected to prevent any familiar sight from seeing me.. Half an hour had past, but there was still no sight of her..

There she is.. from the corner of my eyes, I captured the most beautiful creature of earth.. she was walking towards my direction.. I need to act fast, racking my over-worked brain for a solution.. Up close she was even more radiant and captivating than when I had seen her from a distance.. Her irises were as pitch-black as her pupils.. Her ample, cascading black hair flowed onto her shiny bare shoulders.. She wore no makeup and her neat ungroomed eyebrows joined ever so slightly.. Her tiny, round lips were full like a tulip bulb.. She look shy, pensive and reserved..

"Hi " erm.. I.. been waiting for you..

" Yes? "

" I would like to know you, maybe a contact number? "

" But I am not a working girl and... "

" GREAT" I interupt her before she could end her sentenced..

" I am sorry, but suddenly I feel excited."

Its been a week since I got to know Linda.. She was a woman of many blushes and very few words.. I could never guess what she was thinking.. She would not eat much and would quietly ask for her dish to be bagged to go.. Little by little however, she seemed to get comfortable with the fact that I wanted to be close and intimate with her..

Her mum was working as a chamber-maid and many times, she would gladly help her mother when she's sick.. she's filial and pretty, kind and humble to the poor and old.. what more can I asked for in a girl..

It was a saturday morning and we decided to go shopping.. Linda took me to a large state subsidized clothing outlet where she had probably bought all of her clothes.. The clothes seemed to have come from garment liquidators in China and South America or some international charity organization.. There were a few leftover promotional T-shirts and some specialty clothes favored by the poor working girls.. Linda said that she visited the store often and at best there were slim pickings.. That day she did not find anything she liked..

I thought that maybe a stylish dress would make her happy and I took her to a chic clothing boutique in the lobby of a fancy international hotel.. The store was air conditioned and played pop music.. The pretty storekeeper greeted us with a smile, presented some garments and made some suggestions.. Linda was in awe from the moment we entered.. She bashfully touched the fancy designer clothes.. Then she tried a couple of dresses on and began posing by the mirror in a mix of self-consciousness and fascination.. She examined the price tags in wonder..

" Let's go, Its too expensive here."

" No, Its alright, come on choose one that you like."

Reluctantly, she put on a blue dress of beautiful silk that fit her well .. The price tag was a reasonable $135(3300bahts) and I decided to pay cash and buy her the dress as a present.. When we left the boutique, she was all smiles, overjoyed with the fancy shopping bag in her hand..

"So I meet you tonight?"

" Ok dear, I will be in this blue dress for you." she smiled..

That night Linda stood me up.. I anxiously stayed in until midnight and drank all the beer in the mini-bar but there was no sign of her..

The next day, just before noon, a knock on my door woke me.. Linda was outside..

"Listen carefully. I am sorry about last night but yesterday I had a big problem at home."

"What happened?"

"I could not wear your dress last night.. I was very upset and I did not want to see anybody.. Understand?" She said as her eyes welled up..

"But why?"

"Because yesterday my mother took the dress back to the shop to got the money for it." A tear ran down her cheek.. She paused silently for a while and said:

"My mother said I could not have that dress when in our house we don't have enough food to eat."

I held her as she broke into a silent sob.. I did not quite know what to say.. I told her that the dress was not a big deal and she had no reason to be upset.. I wanted to tell her that I would buy her another dress or that she could depend on me for anything but I held back as it was not going to sound right..

Soon, my holiday came to a end.. that was the last I saw of her..

It was not until two years later that I went back to bangkok.. As we approached the center of town, there was again the familiar scene of curvaceous young prostitutes working the streets and intersections..

"The working girls are still here."

The new taxicab zoomed smoothly through the dark and empty avenues of (I forgot the name).. The taxi driver, said, that I could have them for $40(950 baht)..

As the cab slowed down and stopped at a red light I focused my eyes again and for a moment I caught a good sight of her from afar as she was illuminated by another pair of approaching headlights.. It was Linda..

"You like her? ... She was lovely. Do you want me turn the car around?" The driver asked..

"No. It's not necessary." I replied..

"You can probably have her for $60(1450baht), maybe $40(950baht) this hour.. I can negotiate for you."

"No thanks. It's all right."

oxilary
03-04-2005, 09:41 PM
i suddenly just went still after reading dat.. i guess the word to use is flabberghasted.

orbit_beer
03-04-2005, 10:55 PM
captivating start,please carry on,thks....

plman2002
03-04-2005, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=I wanted to tell her that I would buy her another dress or that she could depend on me for anything but I held back as it was not going to sound right.. [/QUOTE]

Luckliy you used yr big head insted of yr small head.

cheers,

newbadass
03-04-2005, 11:11 PM
captivating start,please carry on,thks....

I don't think there is Part 2 to this story... but I like it very much.
Very sentimental, very sad.

Life's a bitch, what to do? :o

CaptainPlanet
03-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Nowadays i see u guys like stories alot lo...
Kekeke
Anymore nice touching stories???
Mi oso like le..
:p

Shuang_Jie_Gun
03-04-2005, 11:19 PM
haiz..my tears r dropping liao..tissue paper anyone? :(

tokkon1
03-04-2005, 11:40 PM
I realised I need to pen this down.. This particular WL place a small part in my heart.. and I will remember her for as long as I live..

"You can probably have her for $60(1450baht), maybe $40(950baht) this hour.. I can negotiate for you."

"No thanks. It's all right."

In my book bro cumming, you did wrong. 2 years ago, you missed a chance to change her life. Fate has brought you once again to her but even tho she's now a WL, she's still someone who holds that certain special place in your heart. If not you wudn't have written such a forlorn and melancholy recollection.

Why won't you try to help her again. In your place I wud. Sigh......

cumming
04-04-2005, 01:24 AM
In my book bro cumming, you did wrong. 2 years ago, you missed a chance to change her life. Fate has brought you once again to her but even tho she's now a WL, she's still someone who holds that certain special place in your heart. If not you wudn't have written such a forlorn and melancholy recollection.

Why won't you try to help her again. In your place I wud. Sigh......

Bro +++kon.. at that moment I have no hesitation in helping her.. but then, in theory it's different from reality.. How much could I have help her? there are so many sad cases in thailand, unless one's in it or you will never understand what's the real situation.. I am one who believe in fate.. however reality is cruel.. call me a wussy, but I just don't have the courage to forgo so many other things in life..

To other bros who are in this situation, I am deeply impressed by how you handle it.. her parents, the debts, the social stigma etc... you deserved a pat on the shoulder by me as I would never have the courage like you.. :o

orbit_beer
04-04-2005, 06:59 AM
To other bros who are in this situation, I am deeply impressed by how you handle it.. her parents, the debts, the social stigma etc... you deserved a pat on the shoulder by me as I would never have the courage like you.. :o

i agree,u guys are something,it really takes lots of courage. :)

tanner132
04-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Bro Cumming, a sad memories of your life time experience in oversea. I believe you has make the choice you deem fit to be done.

Felt very sedimental when I am reading it.

Cheers :)

newbadass
04-04-2005, 11:18 AM
.. How much could I have help her? there are so many sad cases in thailand, unless one's in it or you will never understand what's the real situation.. I am one who believe in fate.. however reality is cruel.. call me a wussy, but I just don't have the courage to forgo so many other things in life..

Correct... sometimes it is not that we don't have sympathy. Sympathy is good, but we must temper it with pragmatism. There is only so much you can do, and it may not turn out well.

I forgot which Samster said this, but I hold this quote close to my heart. "Heroes die first". It is good to help somebody, but it is equally important to measure your own worth and understand how much difference you could actually make.

You made your choice, and whether right or wrong, what's done is done. A sad story remains just a sad story. Interesting tale, thanks for telling.

OkoBoko
04-04-2005, 02:31 PM
bro cumming, thank u for sharing yr experience too. Yes, u are right. to be in a relatioship with these ladies involve in many subjects. not all ends up as fairy tales. this is a reality word. Both linda and u hv chosen the path in life, may it be right, we should respect the decision made. Cheers bro. :)

wahpiang
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Life's a bitch, what to do? :o

i know wat to do... FXXK IT!!! :cool:

vesfreq
04-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Its a fascinating account of the constant dilemma between primal desires and reality.

To display chivalry, generosity and selflessness, before a damsel in distress, is something so human, not so much about naviety or even primal desires.

To refrain oneself from being clouded by emotions is, more often than not, an incredibly difficult feat.

To trust a woman is, often, something not that easily accomplished. sigh....