PDA

View Full Version : foreign bride. china vs vietnam

eddy72
23-11-2012, 06:05 PM
thinking of getting a foreign bride next year. Hainan dao fm china n vietnam fm bride agency here. Pros n cons. Which country better? Tks for all advice.. Pls share all experience, good n bad..

ErnestK
23-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Financially how's your status? What is your monthly salary like? It can determine how easy or hard that your prospective wife gets her LTVP / PR.

Also, posting in the "Matters of the Hearts" section will get you better response.

sane
23-11-2012, 09:34 PM
thinking of getting a foreign bride next year. Hainan dao fm china n vietnam fm bride agency here. Pros n cons. Which country better? Tks for all advice.. Pls share all experience, good n bad..

Get from hainan dao lor coz i fr there too..

wally888
23-11-2012, 10:03 PM
None, better get Malaysian or Sg gals :)

eddy72
23-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Er, if can get sg or malaysian gal? Better. The thing is almost no chance. So short n sweet, can only choose fm china or vietnam.

Iluminati
23-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Get from hainan dao lor coz i fr there too..

wow ms. sane u from Hainan? no offense but your English is good and throw in the Singlish as well, I thought you were local Singaporean. ;)

queeniegal
23-11-2012, 10:42 PM
wow ms. sane u from Hainan? no offense but your English is good and throw in the Singlish as well, I thought you were local Singaporean. ;)

Ha get from Taiwan also nt bad ;p

Iluminati
23-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Ha get from Taiwan also nt bad ;p

Ms. Queenie you are from Taiwan?

queeniegal
23-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Ms. Queenie you are from Taiwan?

Nope! I'm Singaporean but my mum is :p

singmarine
23-11-2012, 11:10 PM
The most impt is looks & figure...country makes no difference.

eddy72
23-11-2012, 11:13 PM
At the rate this goes on, someone will suggest japs doll. The main thing is i not as loaded as all of u here. Zzzzzzzzzz

queeniegal
23-11-2012, 11:15 PM
At the rate this goes on, someone will suggest japs doll. The main thing is i not as loaded as all of u here. Zzzzzzzzzz

Take hainan ba...my neighbour wife not bad

Hmmm but still u shd go and see see then try write letter and date abit then get married? That what that uncle did they now very en ai

eddy72
23-11-2012, 11:23 PM
That uncle stay in amk? My uncle wife fm hainan dao, stay at amk

queeniegal
23-11-2012, 11:26 PM
That uncle stay in amk? My uncle wife fm hainan dao, stay at amk

No! Hahaha stay at central west

eddy72
23-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Well well, at least got two example that bride fm hainan can work out. My uncle n wife age gap abt 16 yrs.

comm
23-11-2012, 11:53 PM
wow...time to find myself a sweet 16 from hainan island

unsung80
24-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Marry for the sake of marry? Maybe u can snap some pics of your future bride from the agency, post here for us to vote.

callmebad
24-11-2012, 12:15 AM
don't just limit the choice to these 2 places only
don't forget Myanmar is opening up, maybe girls there are more decent, still not yet tainted very much by the outside world yet!

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 12:19 AM
don't just limit the choice to these 2 places only
don't forget Myanmar is opening up, maybe girls there are more decent, still not yet tainted very much by the outside world yet!

Myanmar gal is nt as innocent as u think. I used to have Myanmar maid years back I think the same as u. End up! I need to send her back cause she got bf here and was not caring to my bedridden grandma and old grandpa.

Plus nursing home hire those nurse quite a lot now from Myanmar they are also quite non caring at all...

asdfghjkl
24-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Well well, at least got two example that bride fm hainan can work out. My uncle n wife age gap abt 16 yrs.

Oh, I think I know your uncle. He is older by 15 and working in the wine industry. His Chinese wife is now working as an assistant manager selling cosmetic.

They have a 10+ child now, staying near Hub.

One thing I do not get is why of all places in China, Hainan has the most number of brides in SG.

Ten points if you know the answer!

Iluminati
24-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Nope! I'm Singaporean but my mum is :p

I see. Well all the more reasons to visit Taiwan as your next tourism destination! ;)

TS, well to answer your question, u have to look at the chemistry between u both as well. If u choose a China women then u can easily communicate with her. But if u choose a Vietnam women, there might be a language barrier problem.

p/s: someone just zap me with the reason fake. How is it me asking this question "Ms. Queenie you are from Taiwan?" make me a fake?

eddy72
24-11-2012, 12:38 AM
The answer: location? Near to sin, not really develop but catching up. Fast. + yours is three positive example. Vietnam, zero?

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 12:39 AM
I see. Well all the more reasons to visit Taiwan as your next tourism destination! ;)

TS, well to answer your question, u have to look at the chemistry between u both as well. If u choose a China women then u can easily communicate with her. But if u choose a Vietnam women, there might be a language barrier problem.

p/s: someone just zap me with the reason fake. How is it me asking this question "Ms. Queenie you are from Taiwan?" make me a fake?

Wah idk how to ups u wait tml after exam I go find out ok. Sorry make u being zap...

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 12:41 AM

Ha I prefer go bkk then Taiwan! Cause with my mum will go to 金门 n relative will start asking why I'm nt married ha

Even I go Taiwan I go with my friends :p see my cousin I feel sian cause some are so pretty I'm far away from them haha

eddy72
24-11-2012, 12:43 AM
U still got exam? Sry, memory of sch donkey yrs ago. Yrs phd? Good luck, come with preparations for exams..

eddy72
24-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Dun worry, my level much lower than yours. But try to get married soon..got many + pts. If the marriage can work. Yes, some taiwanese gal very swee. Shown by taiwanese variety shows.

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 12:47 AM
U still got exam? Sry, memory of sch donkey yrs ago. Yrs phd? Good luck, come with preparations for exams..

Yuppies taking some professional stuff
My brain is going mad by the code of act and appendix omg

eddy72
24-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Last time, some high flyers give up very high pay job to do dun know what la. I dun really understand the gist. Now, badmintan is very important to me. Becos, we only live once. Time is short. We can' have everything. Know what to choose is important..

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Last time, some high flyers give up very high pay job to do dun know what la. I dun really understand the gist. Now, badmintan is very important to me. Becos, we only live once. Time is short. We can' have everything. Know what to choose is important..

Haha badminton nice! I going join with my friend next week! Haha been awhile since I play. Need get my fat ass move wahahahaha

I'm nt those high flyer. I am just a clerk in some firm. Taking a professional cert was force by company wahahahaha

Yeah life is short I agreed! So hope u found someone to walk thru ur life for the next 20 years or more. Look ard I'm sure will find someone special!

My ex bf told me this everyone is like a star in the sky, always blink and move to look for the pair that was being apart. Sometimes they will stay at one place for awhile but realize that was not the pair and the move on for another pair..

Haha Idk how true maybe coz I love star so he said that!

But hope u found the star ya

asdfghjkl
24-11-2012, 01:02 AM
no one hiew my question? :o

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Oh, I think I know your uncle. He is older by 15 and working in the wine industry. His Chinese wife is now working as an assistant manager selling cosmetic.

One thing I do not get is why of all places in China, Hainan has the most number of brides in SG.

Hmmm idk the uncle but I know why is hainan gal
So far feedback are good?

I know certain places of china gal are very shrewd can't touch one hahaha

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 01:04 AM
no one hiew my question? :o

Ans sorry miss u out -.- old liao eye can't see clearly haha

eddy72
24-11-2012, 01:14 AM
The answer: location? Near to sin, not really develop but catching up. Fast. + yours is three positive example. Vietnam, zero?
Aiya, answer u liao. Location.. N my uncle got one son, one gal. That y + yrs is three example..

snooker
24-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Eddy, your age plays a part here + your salary too

My advice is to get the bride direct from source rather than agents...
If age gap too big/income too small then the chances of the bride 'running away' is very high :p

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 08:25 AM

If age gap too big/income too small then the chances of the bride 'running away' is very high :p

They also so choosy? No ba

sane
24-11-2012, 09:10 AM
wow ms. sane u from Hainan? no offense but your English is good and throw in the Singlish as well, I thought you were local Singaporean.

This is what we called "入乡随俗“ mah..

None, better get Malaysian or Sg gals :)

Upz u when my pt is back :D

Nope! I'm Singaporean but my mum is

Take hainan ba...my neighbour wife not bad

Ha I prefer go bkk then Taiwan! Cause with my mum will go to 金门 n relative will start asking why I'm nt married ha

Even I go Taiwan I go with my friends :p see my cousin I feel sian cause some are so pretty I'm far away from them haha

Yup support support Hainan..lols.. ur mummy fr 金门? quite a distance, gotta take domestic flight in. So u like 金门贡糖 in 竹叶? and also 高粱?
There are lotsa places of interest in Tw too, can go to cingjing, Hualian, Taichung, Kaoshiung mah... :D

Vietnam ladies english also good, my Viet buddies' english r very "tok kong" leh..

littlepok
24-11-2012, 09:16 AM

i try to earn 10 points ah...

because singaporeans like to eat chicken rice? haha...

on a side note, i know a girl from hainan who just convert PR, 26yrs old i think with D cup, pretty face too. but i dont click with her la so made her godsis.

1 thing i realised about hainan gals is their accent resembles malaysians alot, anyone got similar experience? i will mistaken them for malaysians if they never tell me. maybe got 亲切感 when they hear the accent.

that place also along the coast so the weather closer to ours also.

eddy72
24-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Not sure y is hainan dao. Many would have thought china wifes could have come fm fujian, guangdong, guangxi or other coastal area. But hainan dao seems to occupy top spot. Maybe got bride agency, u know la, got saleman. Saleman brides come fm hainan dao, say it better than the rest.

weewee23
24-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I am a Hainanese Singaporean (4th generation). My great-grandfather immigrated here when he was young. He was from Dingan while my maternal branch was from Qionghai. I am also rather proud of my dialect group and tries to speak as much Hainanese as possible.

It is interesting to note why MOST of the Chinese brides are from Hainan and not from Fujian, Guangdong where there is a much larger Hokkien, Teochew, Cantonese community.

When I went back to Hainan in 2008, I noticed that most of the Hainanese men will retire at about 40 years old and spent their time playing cards in teahouses while their wives (or womenfolk) continued to toil in the fields. That may offer a reason why Hainanese women are generally perceived to be hardworking, caring and thus there seems to be an influx of Hainanese women being married to Singaporean men.

If I have to choose between a Vietnamese or Hainanaese, I would choose an Hainanese anytime.

Just my 2 cents worth.

eddy72
24-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Male hainanese so good life? After 40 can retire like a lion? I, 40 just start working. Properly. How? Then hainanese woman work until what age?

weewee23
24-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I am refering to male hainanese in Hainan island. Singaporean Hainanese work till they die.

For hainanese women in Hainan, they generally take care of their family till they are old. Just like my maternal grandma.

eddy72
24-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Ya, that what i mean. At hainan dao, live like a lion. At sg, live like a donkey.

weewee23
24-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Ya, that what i mean. At hainan dao, live like a lion. At sg, live like a donkey.

haha, yah. In sg really live like a donkey.

sgjoey
24-11-2012, 01:51 PM
In terms of cultural and linguistic affinity, especially if you speak Mandarin very well, then of cos, picking a Hainan lass means less obstacles to overcome.

That said, much depends on your personality as well as that of your future spouse. Whilst cultural closeness is an advantage, it could be nullified if the woman you choose turns out to be someone you cannot get along with in the longer term. That's the risk in all marriages, presumably.

If I were you, I wouldn't marry at all. But then, speaking as a married man, the grass always seem greener on the other side of the fence.

Good luck in your search for a life partner.

japboy
24-11-2012, 02:06 PM

Yup... Dis is one thing I really noticed... & oso d fact dat most marriages does not occur thru dating agencies....

But one of my frenz recently pointed out another thing... Dat most hainanese still keep contacts w relatives in china or elsewhere unlike d rest of d dialect grps who has lost touch w their counterparts elsewhere over d yrs......

First, i think Bonding r very strong n I guess even after grand parents has passed on, d strong kampung spirit & bonding is inherited... Compared to other dialect grps, bonding & linkage is lost after grand parents has passed on..

Secondly, d dialect hainanese in sg is not so diff frm hainanaese in china or elsewhere so ease of communication in own dialect breeds familiarity & homecoming feeling.... In comparison, other dialect grps differs greatly in sg & elsewhere, eg our hokkien is very close to Taiwan but china hokkien, he'll, I can't even understand wad d he'll they're talking...

Thirdly, d link-up play from both sides plays a very impt part as well... I've heard of many elderly hainanese Sillyporeans retiring in hainan dao n hence they will start to intro distant relatives bk to sillypore.... "Surely got a 4th nephew's BiL is not married, here got ah Kim's neighbor's 2th SIL of marriage age, intro ba".... N oso w all d three-eight aunties intro here & there, n oso sista married here n intro own younger sista here, blah blah blah.... Viet oso do dis a lot but mostly fails because of language barrier (I attended weddings w Vietnam brides n once I sit down, d Vietnam gals (of cos w their own husbands) dining same table w me will say intro me their cousins o wateva).....

Last, (no offense) hainanaese in Sg generally treats relatives frm elsewhere like family, no air or anything, as long as we r family..... Of cos I've heard horror & sad stories w/in d hainanese community, but dis is far fewer than I've heard frm others..... so hainanese who r here feels safer to intro their own sista o relative to guys in sg... i Know of many prc who complained abt all dis n eventually went back china, never coming bk here (shame as 1 is a gd bonk w gd figure.. Got married in china & became Aunty liaoz... Heng ar!)...

all dis creates a strong link-up play and hence lead to the number one spot....

I guess hainanese are like Malaysians but a mini-china version... ;)

I m proud to say i m a third gen hainanese sillyporean & I speak fluent hainanese... ;) n I m still happi 2 meet any fella hainanese, be it in sg o elsewhere.. Lolx...

Ps bro, I think u can't add me thru 2yrs later.. ;p

eddy72
24-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Many many thanks to all frens who contribute good info like weewee n japboy. Info that not common de. But one thing very strange? No sound on the vietnam side?

japboy
24-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Many many thanks to all frens who contribute good info like weewee n japboy. Info that not common de. But one thing very strange? No sound on the vietnam side?

Both sama sama I guess... Jz d language differences.... C which u prefer... all boils down to individual gals, doesn't matter d nationality... U like means u like Lo... I always tell my frenz... U pick ur own wife n sign d papers willingly, no one points a gun at ur head & force u to marry her de... :D

keewee
24-11-2012, 02:26 PM

agreed with u bro.... jus do a trip to whereever girls u wanna find... and its not as hard as u think

eddy72
24-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Trying to gather as much info b4 showhand again. My first showhand cost me abt 13 yrs? My lifestyle quite, no, very simple. It easy to be alone. But, i would like to try one more time. As i 40. Short of time liao. Thought that getting a foreign wife much easier, faster, cheaper? The last word, lim swee say say de. Not me. Along, u walk happily. Together, u eat happily.

audisingapore
24-11-2012, 03:02 PM
No need to go to agency, I provide you a cheaper option.
I managed to break a code that give me access million of phone number with photo.
I have yet to think of what to do with this available datas (Both men and women).
You want : I charge you 1 number for $1.
If you interested : up my point and let me know

mrhumsap
24-11-2012, 03:17 PM

decent thai girls can make good wife also.. worth considering:)

eddy72
24-11-2012, 03:45 PM
How to know thai gal? Through thai disco, pub, ktv or whatever?

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 03:51 PM

Upz u when my pt is back :D

Yup support support Hainan..lols.. ur mummy fr 金门? quite a distance, gotta take domestic flight in. So u like 金门贡糖 in 竹叶? and also 高粱?
There are lotsa places of interest in Tw too, can go to cingjing, Hualian, Taichung, Kaoshiung mah... :D

Vietnam ladies english also good, my Viet buddies' english r very "tok kong" leh..

Haha ya hv to take domestic flight now don't need go back the land and house sold back to government liao... So heng

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 03:52 PM
How to know thai gal? Through thai disco, pub, ktv or whatever?

Go Thailand la I know quite a few Thai friend lol

asdfghjkl
24-11-2012, 04:05 PM
For members who are interested to know Hainanese women, maybe one day can organize a trip down there? Less than 4 hours and $400 for a two way air ticket.

jasdude
24-11-2012, 04:36 PM

My dear, cooking hainanese chicken rice for me again tonight? :)

eddy72
24-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Hi japboy. U offend attend wedding function with hainan or vietnam couples. I thought mostly vietnam gal married into sg do away with the wedding dinnars?

sane
24-11-2012, 10:49 PM
My dear, cooking hainanese chicken rice for me again tonight? :)

Dear, u are a much better cook than me :p

queeniegal
24-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Dear, u are a much better cook than me :p

Lol u two so cute

sane
24-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Lol u two so cute

waah..Sat, not going out?

spidey7
24-11-2012, 11:35 PM
China bride easier 2communicate. Vietnam brides more obedient. Correct mi if I'm wrong.

joncheong
25-11-2012, 01:47 AM
i have a feeling that china ladies are better in bed, or at least better in making their men feel good like they will always scream laogong hao shuang ni hao bang as we bang them in bed....

i feel china women can be extremely loyal to their men if they really love their men.....if not why would those WLs come singapore be chicken and send money home to their bfs...will singapore women ever do such a thing???

but the thing is if the china lady doesnt love you and only love your money...they can really be very shrewd and ''love'' you with the ultimate aim of conning your wealth...

eddy72
25-11-2012, 02:01 AM
It like a game. Win or lose, also got to take it. Bo bian de..

eddy72
25-11-2012, 02:52 PM
No space for msg le..

Tikolootster
25-11-2012, 07:44 PM
I'd think that hainan women are generally better than Vietnamese brides, at least hainanese seen towns and some have been to cities. Most countryside girls never bee to cities cos they're too poor at home, so once they come to Singapore, some get exposed to the cities' temptations and get influenced by the bad apples in the basket ad rot. Of course, no offense to bros with Vietnamese wives or Vietnamese. I'm just speaking based on what I see.

Just my 0.0001 cents' worth of opinion.

asdfghjkl
25-11-2012, 11:14 PM
but the thing is if the china lady doesnt love you and only love your money...they can really be very shrewd and ''love'' you with the ultimate aim of conning your wealth...

but how to tell? :(

joncheong
26-11-2012, 01:35 AM
but how to tell? :(

sorry i am not an expert too.... currently entangled in one such triangle with a PRC....

no wonder a chinese leader once told an american leader...if the latter would allow chinese women to the states...they can change america forever...

that is the sexual power of prc women.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

eddy72
26-11-2012, 05:48 AM
If can tell, i rather know 4d no. Better.

wally888
26-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Power of referral!

1) Last time many agents successfully arrange for cross marriages btwn Sg and Hainan and eventually the population of Hainan brides increased rapidly.

2) Now, people r smarter. Hainanese brides here start to refer their friends or relatives to marry local man to avoid paying agency fees. Usually, success rate will b higher coz already the character of the gals & guys have already been screened. Imagine u got 50,000 here due to referral, easily the popultion of Hainanese brides would have increased multifolds!

3) Local man works hard and take good care of the family compared to Hainanese man & oso financially better off. Similarly, Hainanese gals r thrifty and takes good care of the family. So its mutual attractions!

Hope this is a good answer to earn ur 10pts! :D

onlyhuman
26-11-2012, 10:05 AM
i think i need to go back my ancestral hometown to get a bride too...

eddy72
26-11-2012, 11:20 AM
My auntie fm hainan dao did say abt intro somebody fm her hometown. Still got to give a token of appreciation. Not far fm the agency fee, i suppose? At least, i heard that my uncle go out with my auntie for 7 days b4 they decide to get married. But i really want to know, nobody here married with vietnam gals? Very puzzling????

eddy72
26-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Busy huh? Inbox full le.. No space for me?

eddy72
26-11-2012, 12:44 PM
i have a feeling that china ladies are better in bed, or at least better in making their men feel good like they will always scream laogong hao shuang ni hao bang as we bang them in bed....

i feel china women can be extremely loyal to their men if they really love their men.....if not why would those WLs come singapore be chicken and send money home to their bfs...will singapore women ever do such a thing???

Hi joncheong, maybe we don understand vietnam gal screaming? Like yesternite, this old man keep on saying this word, yiu yiu yiu. For me, i a idiot in foreign language.. I know my limit..

eddy72
26-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Yr inbox too fat alr.. Trim down can?

IM.xiaozhu
27-11-2012, 05:54 AM
it seems that hainanese from hainan island always like to intro friends here for marriage.

i heard so many times of such incidents. I was approached even from the drink stall that i frequent regularly after she know i am a hainanese.

whichever countries the bride from, at the end is about feeling and ability to communicate properly.

when you are single, you want to get married. When you are married, it is better stay single. Grass is forever taste better the other side of the fence.

arius3
27-11-2012, 05:56 AM
china girl will con ur money.

GanmumLvr
28-11-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm a third Gen local Hainanese and I love my own dialect very much.
Nowadays a lot of Hainan Dao women are eager to marry SG men, why? Is it real love or not I can't tell. One main reason is the strong $GD. Once they are married to a SG man they can stay here to work more easily to earn $GD. These women like to be here to earn $GD legally, save up and spent the money in their home town. And as I know their goal is also to become a PR so that they can work here without the restrictions of work permit.

I went there before I've seen the men over there just hang around do nothing, youngsters gamble & smoking at coffee shops everydays in the afternoon. The men over there are lazy this could also be the reason why Hainan women like to marry overseas.

A local Hainanese Ah Gor(uncle) once told me :"HAINAN DAO IS ALSO PART OF CHINA, HAINAN DAO WOMEN ARE ALSO PRC." Hainan women of the older generation who married here in the 90s or earlier from what I know are indeed good women. My 5th cousin's wife is from Hainan they have 2 teenage son who are in sec & pri schools now. She helps him at his western food stall everyday very hardworking. But Hainan is very opened now, so don't be too naive to think that today's Hainan women can be judged the same way. But I believe that majority of Hainan women of todays' are still hardworking and kind, there are also black sheeps among them.

No matter where you guys decided to choose your future bride from,remember one important thing, don't include her name in the co-ownership of your HDB flat too early. Open your eyes big big observe her carefully before you go ROM sign on that piece of paper with her.

Good luck.

eddy72
28-11-2012, 04:39 AM
Tks for all advice given.. If fate give me me a losing card, i can only comply..

asdfghjkl
28-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Anyone knows how much would a man have to earn to marry a china wife and she would be able to stay long term in SG, regardless is via PR, LTSV, etc...?

Say a man in his 50s, retired but with half a million in cash.

eddy72
28-11-2012, 08:29 PM
1st thought came to my mind, half a million cannot keep a china wife? The rest how? I think shd be no problem, provided the money dun flow like tap water.

LovePotion
28-11-2012, 08:38 PM
I think vietam would be better as I seldom saw them serving with bad attitude and easily satisfy as they appreciate what we can provide over Singapore

For China, they only know how to compare and become caluclative, nothing is enough to satisfy them which makes them demanding after become your wife

You need someone to take care and love you, not escort you with their youth but sux in character

rockfeller
28-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Good info, Looks like you have good experience with Hainan Dao Girls.

I'm a third Gen local Hainanese and I love my own dialect very much.
Nowadays a lot of Hainan Dao women are eager to marry SG men, why? Is it real love or not I can't tell. One main reason is the strong $GD. Once they are married to a SG man they can stay here to work more easily to earn $GD. These women like to be here to earn $GD legally, save up and spent the money in their home town. And as I know their goal is also to become a PR so that they can work here without the restrictions of work permit.

I went there before I've seen the men over there just hang around do nothing, youngsters gamble & smoking at coffee shops everydays in the afternoon. The men over there are lazy this could also be the reason why Hainan women like to marry overseas.

A local Hainanese Ah Gor(uncle) once told me :"HAINAN DAO IS ALSO PART OF CHINA, HAINAN DAO WOMEN ARE ALSO PRC." Hainan women of the older generation who married here in the 90s or earlier from what I know are indeed good women. My 5th cousin's wife is from Hainan they have 2 teenage son who are in sec & pri schools now. She helps him at his western food stall everyday very hardworking. But Hainan is very opened now, so don't be too naive to think that today's Hainan women can be judged the same way. But I believe that majority of Hainan women of todays' are still hardworking and kind, there are also black sheeps among them.

No matter where you guys decided to choose your future bride from,remember one important thing, don't include her name in the co-ownership of your HDB flat too early. Open your eyes big big observe her carefully before you go ROM sign on that piece of paper with her.

Good luck.

asdfghjkl
28-11-2012, 09:32 PM
1st thought came to my mind, half a million cannot keep a china wife?

I meant how would the wife continue to stay in SG if the husband has no job?

I remembered ICA allows the wives of those guys with high pay an easier route to PR, LTSV, etc...?

Can the husband place a sum of money with ICA so that she can stay long term in SG?

GanmumLvr
29-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Good info, Looks like you have good experience with Hainan Dao Girls.

I don't have any experience with them. I visited Hainan Island during CNY holidays this year. Our family don't have any relatives there but my 舅母 (aunty) does. I went there with her family and stayed at her relatives house in a village. My aunt introduced some neighbours girls to me. But I felt that they are a bit young I don't feel secured. Further more I don't feel comfortable marrying China woman. When I returned to SG I don't stay in touch with them.

People over there are saying Hainan Dao is speeding up its modernisation. So time has changed people might also changed. Just my humble opinion :)

eddy72
29-11-2012, 09:02 AM
For vietnam, the gal r around 19 - 21. Hainan gals younger than that?

asdfghjkl
30-11-2012, 01:14 AM
anyone knows what is the max time a Hainanese girl can stay in SG if she came over on a social pass?

any way to prolong the duration, if her SG BF has not yet marry her?

deathnitez
30-11-2012, 04:03 PM
After trying so many PRC and Vietnam girls i feel Viet girls tends to be more emotional then money face sorry just my opinion. I prefer memio girl with a touch of xiao nu ren so Vn my choice but i am stuck to a sg girl so.....:cool: abit regret :(

Earthman
01-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Firstly whether China, Vietnam or any other nationalities from poor country there will always be good and bad ones. Why do Singapore men want to marry other nationalities and why do these girls want to marry abroad? Either they don't like singapore girls or cannot afford as income too low. Singapore girls are choosy but they have the right to be choosy. Which girl don't want to marry a guy with a good stable career, can afford to buy a home and car? Then when ages catch up how to find a Singapore girl? So turn to foriegn brides, young beautiful and sometimes submissive.

To be continued..

Earthman
01-12-2012, 08:44 PM
But remember many of these girls marrry abroad for better life (excluding those foreign girls that are rich or are working professionals). They are willing to marry an older man, for vietnam girls even 20 years gap not an issue. But ask yourself, can you afford to support them and give them money to snd home to their families. Many such marriage breakdown because of money. Evenif you can afford, go slow, don't spend or give carefully. The trade of for age gap and difference in culture is money. But if the girl is with you long enough then there is feeling and emotion so money whilst still important can be sorted out.

My advice is get to know the girl first, just like you would date a singapore girl. Get to know her well, get to know her family well. Maybe after 1 or 2 years then marry her. If the girl is always asking for money then forget it, find another one. You are 40 still young, these girls don't mind no need to rush. Besides courtship can be fun and memorable.

asdfghjkl
02-12-2012, 02:57 AM
yeah.. 49 and a 29 together.. my neighbor who just asked me for help.. :o

eddy72
02-12-2012, 08:43 AM
But remember many of these girls marrry abroad for better life (excluding those foreign girls that are rich or are working professionals). They are willing to marry an older man, for vietnam girls even 20 years gap not an issue. But ask yourself, can you afford to support them and give them money to snd home to their families. Many such marriage breakdown because of money. Evenif you can afford, go slow, don't spend or give carefully. The trade of for age gap and difference in culture is money. But if the girl is with you long enough then there is feeling and emotion so money whilst still important can be sorted out.

My advice is get to know the girl first, just like you would date a singapore girl. Get to know her well, get to know her family well. Maybe after 1 or 2 years then marry her. If the girl is always asking for money then forget it, find another one. You are 40 still young, these girls don't mind no need to rush. Besides courtship can be fun and memorable.
No chance for 1 - 2 year courtship. For hainan gal, maybe a few day of outing to know each other. What i last heard is early 30s gal n almost 60s guy.. Just had a 3yrs old baby..by the guy..
For vietnam gal, almost no chance. I pay full on the spot, i get her bk on the spot.. Maybe can ask her a few simple question, through the agency boss.. Worse, language barrier..
At 40, still can do many thing. But at 40, actually not much time left liao.. Got to consider many factors..all sort of factors..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Earthman
02-12-2012, 09:29 AM
What you are going for is blind marriage, pay and go. It has its risks, what you see may not be what you get and the same vice versa. But the girls are just too eager to marry to get out of poverty. If things don't work out they buy a ticket and run back to their native country. Most successful marriages that i have seen are thru introduction, they have some time to understand each other better.

If blind marriage is what you want then china girls might be better for you. At least culture, food and language is not a barrier. Most of the vietnam brides are from villiages and can only speak very basic mandarin. Not enough to communicate and you will only get tons of misunderstanding. Unless you are prepared to accept their culture and learn vietnamese, your risks are much higher than china girls.

Good luck with your search and i wish you all the best.

asdfghjkl
02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
very good sharing guys! ;)

weewee23
05-05-2014, 12:52 AM
Just happened to see this thread... so long ago liao!