PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance & Appreciative.

pixiedust
06-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Hi guys! Been wanting to share this here for quite some time, but afraid of how my post can become a laughing stock if interpreted wrongly. haha. But nonetheless, sharing with you guys and hope to hear some feedbacks if there is any.

--------------------

How often do you find someone who fits the bill as your other half? Someone who could gives you everything you needed. No need to ask for more, nothing to improve on ; you fell in love just like that, with the guy/girl that you see in your eyes.

Do you really accept who he/she is? Really no judging of looks, character, habits or even history (whether sexually or not)? And do you really appreciate who he/she is, looking pass his/her flaws, in terms of looks, character, habits and history, once again?

These people doesn't come by easy, don't they?

Someone who grabs your full attention, sweeps you off your feet, givin' you butterflies in your stomach, making you smile foolishly to your phone when you guys texted. I'm not sure if guys feel these when they fall in love, but as girls, we sure are in love when we start to see these 'symptoms' on ourselves. =]

Sweet things are generally more acceptable by everyone. Just take chocolates for example. Milk Chocolate, sounds good. White Chocolate, too sweet? Dark Chocolate, too bitter? Not everyone is able to accept the drastic difference of the range of chocolates.

In my definition, falling in love and getting love back, it's like having milk chocolates. And white chocolates, it's just like a relationship that is over sweet, and you get sick after a few bites. And what I have the most, dark chocolates - Falling in love sweetly but yet bitterly, hoping that at the end of the last bit, I get to taste something sweet all over again.

Being someone who has been judged & mocked at all my life, in terms of looks, appearances, size, it's just painful. Imagine people talking behind your back, isolate you out of events, await sports events so that they can mock you better, or even obvious body languages that shows that they wanna avoid you. Can anyone here understand the pain?

These are just FRIENDS. What happens when it comes to LOVE?

I have never actually met guys who could accept me for who I am. My personality was ok, but appearance wise, haha, it's always not up to a basic standard I guess? I sometimes wonder, why don't I meet some nice guys who could be likes guys out there who got chubbier / meaty girlfriends. Someone like them, who can accept their girlfriend being chubbier, and not those slim pretty girls you see everywhere else.

Previously relationships were considered ok, but I knew there were some reserve in my ex-boyfriends when it comes to acknowledging me, or the relationship. Which is why I said, I don't really feel accepted at all. Until I met someone, my dark chocolate. =P

Someone from here actually. =]

He was different from the other guys I chatted in here. And our meeting brought us to a further stage. And why "dark chocolate"? Its because I knew he was attached when we decided to be together. Sweetly in love, but bitterly suffering, as the guy I held on to, might not be totally mine eventually. We went on dates, went on trip, did so much that I never expect we would do. And I truely felt being accepted for my whole life (and yes, even though I wasn't the actual girlfriend, he treated me and wanted me to feel like one).

Great memories indeed, something and someone I guess I would never let go for the rest of my life. Things ended after months being together, as he couldn't make a decision on whether it's me or her, even though he knows that I did more than what she could. I have never ever force him to leave her, but I leave the judgement to himself. And after so long, I was just tired I guess. It's time to quit on my "dark chocolate" where I couldn't find a tinge of sweetness in it like how it was before. And in fact, "dark chocolate" was never my kind of chocolate.

--------------------

Well.. My first thread and it's too wordy already, isn't it? Just wanna share this with you guys here. And at the same time, hope to hear some feedbacks on how much dp you really accept and appreciate of your other half.

Thanks for reading guys! =]

ol'coyote
06-11-2012, 07:58 AM
dear TS...at start me thot...
"oh lucky u...managed to find a life partner from sbf"...
then saw later part...
sad to hear relationship din work out...
basically...if u r in tis forum...
gotta be prepared tat most guys here only wan sex...
me one of them...
anyway...hope u do find someone for life partner...
preferably not from tis forum...
but if u nid someone for sex...
tis forum got endless supply...
can pm me if need help...hehe...
anyway...take care and MOVE ON...

wondergal
06-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi pixiedust

I like your description using chocolate. Never thought of that. I gues I know what you mean but sometimes I wonder if we women, or some women, let our emotions cloud our judgement when it comes to finding love with a man. Some women want to feel both sweetness and bitterness when in love with a man, like what they see in TV dramas, but sometimes this is just overwhelming, draining, and actually confusing to men. I have been told by men, guy friends and exs, that what women want to feel and be treated is very complicated whereas it is easier to understand what men want and need. While I don't totally agree with what I was told, I seem to notice most men seem more easily contented with a woman than when most women are with a man. Perhaps these guy friends and exs were correct. Men don't need an emotional rollercoaster ride with a woman.

justawife
06-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Good for you, pixiedust... just close this chapter and move on... nothing more than just sweet memories. i am sure you will find MR. Right soon :)

studdyme
06-11-2012, 03:33 PM
camping for more!

pixiedust
06-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks guys, for reading my lengthy thread. >,<

@ol'coyote - Haha. I get what you mean. But thanks, I'm trying to move on too. Hopefully by end of the year. I do look forward to starting 2013 afresh. ^^

@wondergal - Emotional Rollercoaster. This is something that kept me thinking as well. Indeed, women wants to be treated differently from time to time, due to mood, environment etc. A guy can always try their best to fit into the mood, so as to avoid as much emotional rollercoaster as possible. Thanks for sharing! ^^

@justawife - *fingers crossed* haha. I hope so. Thanks. ^^

@studdyme - There is no more liao la. haha. but thanks for reading. =]

mlvnyong
06-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Dear TS, 不必天长地久,成劲拥有就好了吗。

pixiedust
06-11-2012, 11:57 PM
@mlvnyong - Believe it or not, "不在乎天长地久, 只在乎曾经拥有" was his status in Whatsapp. *smiles* Even said so, human are never contented with certain stuffs, and always hungry for more. I'm happy that things had happened, memories are still here, but well.. there are still some things I wish they would last forever ba. =P