PDA

View Full Version : Should a husband pay for everything?

lovedanainai
24-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Questions to all bros out there,

Should a husband pay for everything?

jiachengzai
24-10-2012, 10:11 PM
please define as i think your question is too general and wide

eddy72
24-10-2012, 10:35 PM
If the husband very fat n willing to open wallet, it ok. Now hubby n wifey pay very close liao, hubby pay everything will get thinner while the wifey will get fatter. Not very balance.

sgnottiboi
24-10-2012, 10:43 PM
My pt of view is that basic necessaries items & daily expenses are fine for husband to take care of....but if include luxuries items like designer goods...a bit over liao lah. But again that depends on their income as well

queeniegal
24-10-2012, 10:49 PM
IMO both have to be open with their salary.

Have a common account for all the expense like housing loan, car loan, education fees, maid salaries. Pub bills etc

After calculation take the salary and get certain percentage from both etc man earn 5000 woman earn 2000 so both 40 percent each to service the expenses

One more account for saving both set aside 10 to 20 percent range. That can use for raining days or holidays is up to the couple to manage.

Again going dinner treats and gifts odd to be two way traffic if both are working

The rest of the money is own money so call your own pocket money to budget and manage yourself (:

Just my two cent worth of thoughts

HCKing
24-10-2012, 10:56 PM
KNN this kinda LJ question also can open new thread.:rolleyes:

If it's yr own $$$ then u be a man and farking decide how u wanna spend it!

callmebad
24-10-2012, 11:14 PM
if the wife is not working, the husband should pay for most of the expenses within his means

in Singapore, it is always the case, man will foot most of the bill, women here won't and rarely accept arrangements like half-half or she foots most of it

when comes to rights,women will demand equal, but when comes to responsibilities, women will expect men to shoulder more,like it or not, this is the reality for Singapore

Singapore looks modern only, but some very out-dated thinking like women are the weaker ones, they need more protection, they shoulder less responsibilities still stick in a lot of minds, no such thing as equal, this is no western world !

queeniegal
24-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Really? Ok maybe to me I feel equal is always fair.

Guess depend on earning power of a woman?
If hubby earning big bucks then maybe diff if just merely meeting ends I think the wife won't bear the hubby pay everything ba..Anw just IMO la

wally888
25-10-2012, 12:09 AM
if husband pays for everything then wife shd provide 5* service in bed.........but in reality doesn't happen coz Sg gals very spoilt leh :(

unsung80
25-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Most importantly what does this got to do with sex discussion?

If a man pays everything, he's going to work very hard to feed your mouth and foot all the bills. Don't expecct the husband to make love with wife cause the husband will be too blardy tired after working so hard. Which ERA is TS living at anyway? :mad:

officehour
25-10-2012, 12:47 AM
TS is trying to find reason so he can pay lesser and have more money on side line i think...;)

Btw everything should be agree before you started a relationship. If from start you are paying for everything and out of the sudden you want your wife to part from her money where she is so use to spent then good luck to you buddy. Its a hard fight!

Intltuk
25-10-2012, 01:14 AM
There is no right answer......as it's bet u and ur spouse. I know of couples tat contribute to a joint account and all family expenses are paid from there. Then there are those tat the husband pays for everything. Bottomline, u and ur spouse need to hve a mutual agreement on this matter.

Iloveschgirls
25-10-2012, 01:38 AM
I'll always hear 'u very rich hor?' from my ex whenever I initiates to foot the bill.. Good times.

Gal12
25-10-2012, 03:53 AM
I dun think so is share party issue if u earn more then u pay more lor

queeniegal
25-10-2012, 07:12 AM
I'll always hear 'u very rich hor?' from my ex whenever I initiates to foot the bill.. Good times.

Lol I always said that till my ex fed up. Tell me off so nw I Learn to accept it gracefully but after dinner movie n drink I will initiate to make up the damage from dinner lol

cavemanng
25-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Husband and wife don't need to be so clear...my wife never control my spending and sometimes I pay for her portion while she sometimes settle my bills for me if I travel....hehe!

maxsee
25-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Think it depends on the guy earning power bah...and how both parties want to deal with the finances....i know some of gals that expect their partner to pay everything...just as there are some gals who r comfortable with going dutch...usually those gals who expect their partner to pay for everything will end up on the shelf unless they manged to hook up a golden fat tortoise bah...:D:D:D

1stTR
25-10-2012, 09:14 AM
IMO, married couple shldn't draw the line too clear over money issues. Especially if it about minor things. If both is going to be calculative over this, hw the hell are they going to continue living together. And if they were to have kids, even worst.
For a husband, if it affordable and able to make the other half happy, just pays it. Think back of the days when courting and in r/s. Most guys will pays/do anything to either gets the attention or to get into the pants. So what have changed after marriage. Still the same ppl. But mindset had changed. The husband starts thinking what the wife shld and shldn't do and vice versus. Just have a heart to heart talk to better understand each others expectations and difficulties.

Have a great long weekend.

queeniegal
25-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Yup true! My buddies he always few stress coz their gf wife to be expect everything to be paid by guys.

Haha mostly are married nt left on shelves la
But just marriage life guy suffer but they willing I suppose lol or
Maybe all just complain here or outside with friends haha

Well guys got ego one, if gal want pay the guy might nt agreed.

Like my brother for example, his wife don't want to work after marriage! He is earning just merely 5k plus hv to manage car, house and holiday (wife request) so he does nt give any allowances to my parent.

I feel if your hubby earn 10k per month and leading simple lifestyle is possible for one person to work. But in SG open eye you need is money. I don't know how couple can one person don't work ha IMO la..

I agreed must talk and come to agreement as marriage and dating is different as it involve big amt of money.

No long weekend!!! Working on public holiday wahaha

littlepok
25-10-2012, 10:29 AM
IMO both have to be open with their salary.

Have a common account for all the expense like housing loan, car loan, education fees, maid salaries. Pub bills etc

After calculation take the salary and get certain percentage from both etc man earn 5000 woman earn 2000 so both 40 percent each to service the expenses

One more account for saving both set aside 10 to 20 percent range. That can use for raining days or holidays is up to the couple to manage.

Again going dinner treats and gifts odd to be two way traffic if both are working

The rest of the money is own money so call your own pocket money to budget and manage yourself (:

Just my two cent worth of thoughts

i prefer this rationale. have a joint account for misc then another for savings then own pocket $. nonetheless, must have free cash for CCA if not very hard to justify when OC ask.

queeniegal
25-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Lol.. CCA lol

What is OC?

hrodger25
25-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Well I pay for everything as my wifey no working.

Of course she understand things are getting expensive, so she no asking for designer stuffs and branded items.

queeniegal
25-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Well I pay for everything as my wifey no working.

Of course she understand things are getting expensive, so she no asking for designer stuffs and branded items.

Ha.. Your wife is good and good life (:

littlepok
25-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Lol.. CCA lol

What is OC?

it's the promotion u get when u sign on promotion form at ROM

Darren32
25-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Think common account is important... each contribute to the common account according to percentage eg 40% and nobody interferes with each other's 60%.
Used to know this lady, very unhappy cause they got no common account, hubby is a big saver... so whenever she buy something, kenna criticized.
I was pretty close to her.. keep advising her to setup common account with hubby.. but hubby reject and keep hammering her on her spendings which i thought is not much.. typical ladies spending..
Anyway, we got really close, in the end, we had a fling... which is good for me... but moral of story is we need to manage our wives well in term of finances. Money can kill a marriage too.

queeniegal
25-10-2012, 12:21 PM
it's the promotion u get when u sign on promotion form at ROM

Oh then full name is what?

queeniegal
25-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Think common account is important... each contribute to the common account according to percentage eg 40% and nobody interferes with each other's 60%.
Used to know this lady, very unhappy cause they got no common account, hubby is a big saver... so whenever she buy something, kenna criticized.
I was pretty close to her.. keep advising her to setup common account with hubby.. but hubby reject and keep hammering her on her spendings which i thought is not much.. typical ladies spending..
Anyway, we got really close, in the end, we had a fling... which is good for me... but moral of story is we need to manage our wives well in term of finances. Money can kill a marriage too.

Ya money can kill.. But u fling with other wife no good leh
Initially just becoz of money which is easy to resolve then having a fling.
How many guy can stand their wife slp with other man?

Well some woman spending I myself also feel quite wasteful. In term of branded bag, high heel can have new pair every month, new clothing every month.

Maybe I belong to saver type

JacqueMerlin
25-10-2012, 12:51 PM
if the wife is not working, the husband should pay for most of the expenses within his means in Singapore, it is always the case, man will foot most of the bill, women here won't and rarely accept arrangements like half-half or she foots most of it when comes to rights,women will demand equal, but when comes to responsibilities, women will expect men to shoulder more,like it or not, this is the reality for Singapore Singapore looks modern only, but some very out-dated thinking like women are the weaker ones, they need more protection, they shoulder less responsibilities still stick in a lot of minds, no such thing as equal, this is no western world !

if husband pays for everything then wife shd provide 5* service in bed.........but in reality doesn't happen coz Sg gals very spoilt leh :(

Yup true! My buddies he always few stress coz their gf wife to be expect everything to be paid by guys. Haha mostly are married nt left on shelves la But just marriage life guy suffer but they willing I suppose lol or Maybe all just complain here or outside with friends haha Well guys got ego one, if gal want pay the guy might nt agreed. Like my brother for example, his wife don't want to work after marriage! He is earning just merely 5k plus hv to manage car, house and holiday (wife request) so he does nt give any allowances to my parent. I feel if your hubby earn 10k per month and leading simple lifestyle is possible for one person to work. But in SG open eye you need is money. I don't know how couple can one person don't work ha IMO la.. I agreed must talk and come to agreement as marriage and dating is different as it involve big amt of money. No long weekend!!! Working on public holiday wahaha

Well I pay for everything as my wifey no working. Of course she understand things are getting expensive, so she no asking for designer stuffs and branded items.

IMO both have to be open with their salary. Have a common account for all the expense like housing loan, car loan, education fees, maid salaries. Pub bills etc After calculation take the salary and get certain percentage from both etc man earn 5000 woman earn 2000 so both 40 percent each to service the expenses One more account for saving both set aside 10 to 20 percent range. That can use for raining days or holidays is up to the couple to manage. Again going dinner treats and gifts odd to be two way traffic if both are working The rest of the money is own money so call your own pocket money to budget and manage yourself (: Just my two cent worth of thoughts

The moral of the discourse lies beneath our rationale towards marriage. I have friends who marry a girl who never respect their husband. Multiple examples raised out of different couples.

1. The pathetic husband pays for everything, buys a car so his wife can ferry other guys while the husband is not allowed to drive without his wife's consent.

2. I met one woman who told her husband, a friend of mine who's also a very doting husband who takes care of his wife, pays for everything, does not go around fooling, to respect her by giving her the liberty to choose between her husband and another man. To make matters worse, the MIL added fuel into fire and demanded that the husband should 'be a man' and respect her daughter's wishes... My question: wasn't the choice already made when they got married?

3. I helped one bro up as he was crying near his wife's office distraught and dishevelled from a beating session by his wife's bf for 'harrassing' his wife. And this bro is one of those I really respected. The staunch christian, religiously faithful to his wife, sublimely resistant towards sexual temptations but doesn't make much money but he tried his best. What made me puke was that his wife actually demanded alimony from him even though she was the one who initiated a divorce due to her own infidelity!!

So, women were made to be the weaker sex by God, but men were made the weaker sex by the woman's charter. Gender equality?? _|_ _|_

The BEST MORAL ever to be derived from this is to maintain the equality by staying unmarried! Nevermind about having children for they will become weapons of vindication against you by the woman who betrayed you (for bros who really wish to have a family, I am sorry to say, you'd better give up that thought of yours)

JacqueMerlin
25-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Ya money can kill.. But u fling with other wife no good leh
Initially just becoz of money which is easy to resolve then having a fling.
How many guy can stand their wife slp with other man?

Well some woman spending I myself also feel quite wasteful. In term of branded bag, high heel can have new pair every month, new clothing every month.

Maybe I belong to saver type

A wife who can sleep with another man because of trivialities like how to spend money is a whore. Sorry for my strong word.

Wizrd
25-10-2012, 01:13 PM

For Singaporean husbands...

What's hers is hers...and what's yours is hers...

They did a survey in Malaysia a few years ago and the women (I think > 70%) expressed the above view...I believe in Sg...it's more like 90% believe this...

Even Thai, Indo and Chinese women all think similarly...it is what they call the Asian mentality...yeah, great...with money, must have Asian values, but with lifestyle and branded goods, must have western values...best of both worlds...

Western women ar more clear cut with money, but then there are other issues....haiz...

The conclusion I learn is...don't get married...;)

queeniegal
25-10-2012, 01:40 PM
A wife who can sleep with another man because of trivialities like how to spend money is a whore. Sorry for my strong word.

Ha is fine but I agreed too

queeniegal
25-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Well I guess human nature to bully the one who love them?

I know there are guys who are very good man being bully by wife but again there are good wife who being bully by husband

Open eye big big to choose for partner ba what I can say is this.

Man being abuse by wife will tend to keep quiet due to ego thus the law are unable to help them or create rule to help guys?

Woman usually will position themselves as a weaker party and guy will pity them. Or even law will?

家家有本难言之隐

JacqueMerlin
25-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Very sad to say that if you want to hook a Singaporean woman married or attached, simply possess a bigger and better car, more successful career, more handsome appearance, thicker wallet, more romatic than her ever silently suffering for his wife loving morally upright husband. For love is measured in dollars for these women. Their sense of entitlement far surpass your wildest imagination.

queeniegal
25-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Very sad to say that if you want to hook a Singaporean woman married or attached, simply possess a bigger and better car, more successful career, more handsome appearance, thicker wallet, more romatic than her ever silently suffering for his wife loving morally upright husband. For love is measured in dollars for these women. Their sense of entitlement far surpass your wildest imagination.

I dun think is all the Singaporean woman. But I agreed some are like that

rob_onny
25-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Worst if want everything big big... but not willing 2 give Papayas & Abalone...
when Hotdog itchy, then need 2 spend budget on buying Papayas & Abalones outside... :(

Mountain
25-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Why must husband pay for everything?

He is not a ATM, he is your man. Of course you would feel happy like someone is going to pay everything for you, and you do not have to worry about a single cent, however this kind of man do not exist. If there is one, that guy must be fucking rich.

You got to bear the consequences when you are too dependent on him especially finance aspect, which is a sensitive topic as time goes by, your actions is a disgust to the guy.

Not everything, but as those gentleman wannabe, pay for her in the right time, right setting, for example; anniversary, birthday treat, or special occasions. Not a must, it's an option.

The finance is transparent to them, just share the cost and burden together won't matter much, that is something you could help up with for your man.

ed80
25-10-2012, 06:52 PM

do agreed with u bro, even those who not there yet, somehow or rather will get influenced by those girls around them and feel that by its by right

theguy1991
25-10-2012, 07:00 PM
of course not... unless he is earning a lot

JacqueMerlin
25-10-2012, 08:26 PM
I dun think is all the Singaporean woman. But I agreed some are like that

I agree on this point. But men who find a Singaporean woman who doesn't measure a relationship by money is one ultra-lucky bloke for such women are rare. So I'd rather not take chances and get ploughed by circumstances.

Why must husband pay for everything? He is not a ATM, he is your man. Of course you would feel happy like someone is going to pay everything for you, and you do not have to worry about a single cent, however this kind of man do not exist. If there is one, that guy must be fucking rich. You got to bear the consequences when you are too dependent on him especially finance aspect, which is a sensitive topic as time goes by, your actions is a disgust to the guy. Not everything, but as those gentleman wannabe, pay for her in the right time, right setting, for example; anniversary, birthday treat, or special occasions. Not a must, it's an option. The finance is transparent to them, just share the cost and burden together won't matter much, that is something you could help up with for your man.

I just upz you for your post.

LovePotion
25-10-2012, 08:49 PM
I would advise you to put all the money together and sharing the bills and etc. Or perhaps whoever makes more should be paying a greater percentage of the bills.

pixiedust
26-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Takes two hands to clap. One might be paying for daily necessities, while the other save for overseas trips or 'rainy days'. But for me, I never like the idea of having my guy to pay everything. =]