PDA

View Full Version : Shanghai Scam

jjjr
18-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Thought I would share a recent incident in Shanghai so that other bros here will not fall for the same.

I finished my meetings ahead of schedule on that Friday evening. Not wanting to bother my friends, I headed out to Nanjing Road to pick up some stuff. As I was approaching the shop, I was accosted by a pretty SYT with a great figure. She offered to shop with me. Since I had no plans, I played along to see what she had to offer. She suggested a place to drink and chat. I was not going to fall for that one. So, we walked along Nanjing Road with her holding on to my arms like my gf. She had GFE to the max. After a while, she suggested stopping at a coffee joint, much like a HK-style cha-chan-teng.

After we ordered our food and drinks, her friend called and joined us. I thought her friend just wanted to make sure she is not with Jack-the-Ripper. Anyway, they were fun. Our conversation was very enjoyable, peppered with dirty jokes. Half way through, they started to order hard liquor. I did not realize the coffee joint served liquor but figured no harm. She was such a tease. When she accidentally spilled some liquor on my pants, she leaned towards my crotch, stuck out her tongue, and then giggled. When I said I didn't want to get drunk, she said she didn't want me to enter the wrong hole either.

The sticker shock came when the bill was settled - SGD1,200. I was not angry, just a little upset with myself for not realizing that these girls had prior arrangements with many of these establishments and I picked this joint myself.

She suggested we go for a 3some. By then, I was already wary and counter proposed a one-on-one. I really wanted to get into her pants. She was so sweet and pretty. She agreed initially to go back to my hotel but later changed her mind and suggested a nearby place. I was afraid of another trap, and so had to cut my losses and left.

Frankly, if she had played it clean, I would not have hesitated to pay her what I had to pay the coffee joint. Thankfully, this experience cost me money only. :(

Reoxy
18-09-2012, 09:35 PM
This scam has been around for years...:cool:

krazyMe
18-09-2012, 09:37 PM
old trick. I landed in similar scam 8 years back. same place nanjing road. but i was only paying 400rmb. The reason probably one of the girls just started, being too kind to me (as i bought her macdonald dinner earlier). she keep asking me to leave early. but then i had to pay for their ginsheng tea and beer, which luckily not too much.

jjjr
18-09-2012, 09:45 PM
old trick. I landed in similar scam 8 years back. same place nanjing road. but i was only paying 400rmb. The reason probably one of the girls just started, being too kind to me (as i bought her macdonald dinner earlier). she keep asking me to leave early. but then i had to pay for their ginsheng tea and beer, which luckily not too much.

Sigh! I thought these happen only in bars and pubs. I picked a coffee joint! Bro, RMB400 is not unreasonable for the company. You were lucky.

krazyMe
18-09-2012, 10:35 PM
this one is still ok. you learned a lesson and i think at least your life is not in danger. fyi, i also fallen into another type of scam which are more dangerous. basically , an old woman will solicit you to cheap sex service and you ended up caught pants down by the gang. LL you wil have to pay up.

i was traveling to lijiang. during the night, looking for some extra activity. then this old woman keep promoting her minority tribe girl for a cheap price. i thought no harm seeing and followed her to some small hotel . probably too horny and the gal isnt that bad, i took up the service. After the service, immediately the gal went out of the room and 2 man came in. At that moment, i then realised i made a big mistake. And guess what , my hidden money pouch was in the small backpack (15k rmb inside). i say holyshit, this time siao liao.

2 man claimed that prostituting is illegal in lijiang and threaten to bring me to gongan. I counter them that i am not local. telling them cock andbull story. Asked to see my bag...somehow i dont know they are stupid or dare not to mess with foreigners, they actually missed my black thin money pouch (which i wrap a small towel over it). Wanted to take my card, but i told them not worth as my card is oversea and not able to withdraw much. Also police will track them. Act pity and offered them my 700 rmb cash . Also lot of bullshit lah. Even have the face to tell them i need money to buy train ticket. "refunded" me 100 rmb actually..haha...

after they released me, i purposely walked to elsewhere to avoid them following me.

and after this incident, i am very weary abt any such offer in china. i dont think one will be lucky always.....

sta1100
18-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Encounter once when in shanghai was walk in in the street during lunch time there was 2lady 1 of them was pulling me over as they want to be my friend and did not want to let go, just keep on walking and did not reply them after about 200m they give up and walk away. Be it china otoa other country any one apporch you just don't reply and walk off the more you talk to them they know you are not local and will find way to get close to you.

Ronaldo
19-09-2012, 11:21 AM
seeing this it reminds me of the sayings:

台湾人好烂
香港人好奸
新加坡人好骗 :D

adonis
19-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I reckon those PRC women scam artistes n their ilk will come to S'pore to try out variations of their scams. But they won't be as audacious becos of the rule of law here.

DTCEPL
19-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Its a blessing that TS is safe and unharmed, money spend/lost can be earned back Bro, Cheers!

owl888
19-09-2012, 11:53 AM
u shd choose KFC, McDonalds, Starbucks.......

jjjr
19-09-2012, 12:07 PM
seeing this it reminds me of the sayings:

台湾人好烂
香港人好奸
新加坡人好骗 :D

Well said! Actually, it was the fault of my little head. Blood drained from big head into small head. I figured she was just a FL and I didn't mind a bonk. So, what harm is a drink in a coffee joint, or so I thought. Next time, Starbucks or Coffee Bean only.:)

1bbcd5
19-09-2012, 12:09 PM
so useful.hehe.thanks for your share.
http://www.couponsavings.info/heb/crazy.jpg
http://www.couponsavings.info/for/crazy.jpg

jjjr
19-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Its a blessing that TS is safe and unharmed, money spend/lost can be earned back Bro, Cheers!

Absolutely! That's why I was not angry. As a practice, I do not step into a bar or pub or KTV without a friend's recommendation. Never thought this can happen in a coffee joint. Just to share with bros here my recent experience.

krazyMe
19-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Dont feel bad about this, as long you are safe that's the most important.

From what i heard and exchange with friends, i think not only singapore man lah. As long you are male being, surely any country will have people kenna conned.

Just like those diamond jewelry scam in bangkok, now still got people kenna. Scratch and win in KL and JB. similar.