PDA

View Full Version : Will You Let Your Partner Do A Tattoo??

Draculito
19-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Will you allow yr partners (GF, wife or FB) go for a tattoo?

Lately, my partner who was in her late 20s was so insisted to
have a tattoo done on her back which I keep objecting.

I have been trying to tell her out on this ink session with reasons such as religion, society rejection and my personal discomfort. But she doesn’t seem to take my advices and had booked her inking session a month ago and next Saturday will be her inking D-day. This has lead to some unhappiness between us.

Some info on the tattoo design. It was a design like a Chinese or Japanese painting of a branch with some cherry blossoms. Design was quite a big one starting from her shoulder blade leading down to middle of her back. Therefore, she will need to unhook or take off her bra during the inking session.

She told me it will be done by a female tattoo artist. But at this studio, there was this male tattoo artist which was her old classmate. And this cherry blossom design was his procession. I have throw her a question on what happen if on the very day and this female tattoo artist unable to be there to do the inking for her and suggest this classmate do on her behalf. She says this will not happen. I do trust my partner fully but I don’t trust this group of people or her ex classmate at the tattoo studio. My partner told me to tack along if I don’t trust her. If I were to tack along, does this mean I agree to her being inked?

Both of us have a great sex life together and we are very into Doggie. But now I don’t know if I am able to do Doggie on her with that tattoo. I will be very put off with that ink on her. I don’t even know if I can put up with missionary or cow girl.

I just want to hear out from SBF Bros & Sis point of view on this issue. Thanks..

Johnston
19-10-2011, 09:31 AM
are you complaining over

1) people (MALE) other than you can see her teats

or

2) the tatoo?

if 1) = she can wear those stick bra pad thing to cover her nipples, and jobs done.... but if you are throwing a fit over guy see her teats, then good luck if go see doctor because doctor also may see her teats.

if 2) = consider this saying "when a man is fucking a hot babe and usually wants to continue fucking her, he will do very little to anger her". Is she your wife / gf and is the sex more important or learning to cope with your tattoo dislike more important?

Lastly: Why the hell are you complaning about tatoo when so many bro haf a tatoo fetish... in general a back tattoo sound okay, it only when so many like maia lee then got probems....;)

BiRd13
19-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Why not? Usually professional tattooist will cover the person with cloth/blanket etc especially when comes to 'private parts'.

My ex had a tattoo of butterfly on her buttock... And it was done by a male tattooist. Of course I am around to make sure he dun do anything funny =)

Johnston
19-10-2011, 09:38 AM
lol tis remind me about some short news article about a hubby throw a fit about his wife see gynae.... it could be wong li-lin hubby - dotnt know

but anyway he say something likE:

i dont wan her to give birth her: i want her to give birth in foreign hospital becaos dont want SG docter see my wifey private part :rolleyes:

most people who work closely with human body and/or medical probably see teats / pussy more than you ever see in whole life and they could give a shit. :D

Blanka
19-10-2011, 09:38 AM
I would be (not overly) concerned about the hygiene as well as possible infection. Besides, it doesn't added any value to my sex life . . . but that's just me! :o

hickeybites
19-10-2011, 09:49 AM
TS: your unhappiness seems to stem from many levels... but what exactly is the "deal-breaker" here?

1) that you're basically against tattoos of any kind on any part of your partner's body?.... or

2) that the design of the tattoo is large & in the prominent spot which is an eye-sore for you while u doggy partner? .... or

3) that the design came from your partner's ex-classmate whom you distrust? .... or

4) your partner's frontal assets may be revealed to people whom u don't think deserve to see them?

Personally I would accord partner (hubby & bf only... FB why bother?) respect by informing him I'm getting inked & show him design, but ultimately it's my body & it's my choice.
But I'll be willing to listen & discuss amicably if partner raises violent objections. The key is what exactly is THE deal-breaker for you? Cannot be all above 4 points right?

Tattoos are personal lah & your partner also not a young gal anymore. Just remind her that it's for life & she jolly well like the design & that it better have significant meaning for her.
As it's so big and in such a prominent area, she'll have to take extra care of her skin. Sun rays, aging skin... there'll be a major difference having a colourful tat on large area of skin possibly prone to sagging VS a single-coloured tat on smaller skin surfaces which are tighter (e.g. ankles, wrists, back of neck). Do things must think long term... imagine 20yrs from now... hmm...
(P.S. design of tattoo does sound rather unique & nice ;) )

Johnston
19-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Tattoos are personal lah & your partner also not a young gal anymore. Just remind her that it's for life & she jolly well like the design & that it better have significant meaning for her.
As it's so big and in such a prominent area, she'll have to take extra care of her skin. Sun rays, aging skin... there'll be a major difference having a colourful tat on large area of skin possibly prone to sagging )

Whoa shit words to tell her right now!!! :D

Theres also the issue of "top up" as color tattoo will fade and if u want to maintain : go touch up again lah...

also kindy remind her that tatoo is nt like marker or henna, u want to erase u need to use laser and in general laser meet human skin = no good:D

freezetheDB
19-10-2011, 08:58 PM
my own opinion is that if she really wants a tattoo, just respect her decision. Be glad its not fucking tribal or any generic butterfly design

A relationship is about compromises.

If you are worried about the male tattoist friend, just be with her during her inking.

zacarie
19-10-2011, 09:32 PM
if the tattoist are professionals they would not let her expose herself in front of them.
tattoos are really personal choices. some frown upon in while others are open to it. if she is sure tt she wanna do it. then maybe u should respect her decision? but remind her it's for life. but if it's something meaningful tt she wants it inked on her then it'll be difficult for her to change her mind. just make sure u guys check on the past works of this artist. dont want it to end up looking like something else instead of cherry blossom.

callmebad
19-10-2011, 10:09 PM
if the tattoo is nicely done, I won't mind so much!

Tigerwhip
20-10-2011, 08:34 AM
TS, better both talk it out on why u object and wat her reason she must have this tattoo.

believe TS dont feel good having her doing it at old classmate working place is one of the reason. if so, change to another studio.

thomas88
20-10-2011, 05:47 PM
I'd gladly sponsor my partner's tattoo and even joined her together to get one done myself.

I loves gal with beautiful tattoo.....:D

candypuss
23-10-2011, 12:04 PM
my own opinion is that if she really wants a tattoo, just respect her decision. Be glad its not fucking tribal or any generic butterfly design

A relationship is about compromises.

If you are worried about the male tattoist friend, just be with her during her inking.

What's wrong with a butterfly tattoo?????

sammyboyfor
23-10-2011, 02:50 PM
I just want to hear out from SBF Bros & Sis point of view on this issue. Thanks..

It's "tag" along not "tack" along.

In addition, "Advice" is non countable noun. You do not add an "s" to make it plural.

As for tattoo thingy. You have to realise that you don't own your partner's body. It belongs to her and her alone. She is free do do what she wants with it and to show any part of it to anyone of her choosing. You have no say in the matter.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
23-10-2011, 02:52 PM
......Be glad its not fucking tribal or any generic butterfly design

Ha-Ha! I was just telling a lady friend on my thought on butterfly designs.
Same thought Great minds :D:p

Ichigo_Kurosaki
23-10-2011, 02:57 PM
....Both of us have a great sex life together and we are very into Doggie. But now I don’t know if I am able to do Doggie on her with that tattoo. I will be very put off with that ink on her. I don’t even know if I can put up with missionary or cow girl.

No worries la, I am sure it be a brand new sexperience for you :D
After she done her tattoo, lick with soft bite on her tattoo while doggying her. :p
End of day, you are not worrying on whether you be able to fuck her aftet the inking job but rather feeling insecure of that male tattoo artist ;)

goodpartner
23-10-2011, 04:31 PM
TS, better both talk it out on why u object and wat her reason she must have this tattoo.

Ya, Nevermind what TS think or what we think about having tattoos, but most importantly WHY she wants a tatto and why that design? There must be a big reason behind something like this. Without knowing why, u cannot address her real needs.

TS, go listen and ask the right questions to find out the real reason, then u may have better chance to change her mind if you can give her alternatives.

RealEstateGuy
23-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Will you allow yr partners (GF, wife or FB) go for a tattoo?

Lately, my partner who was in her late 20s was so insisted to
have a tattoo done on her back which I keep objecting.

I have been trying to tell her out on this ink session with reasons such as religion, society rejection and my personal discomfort. But she doesn’t seem to take my advices and had booked her inking session a month ago and next Saturday will be her inking D-day. This has lead to some unhappiness between us.

Some info on the tattoo design. It was a design like a Chinese or Japanese painting of a branch with some cherry blossoms. Design was quite a big one starting from her shoulder blade leading down to middle of her back. Therefore, she will need to unhook or take off her bra during the inking session.

She told me it will be done by a female tattoo artist. But at this studio, there was this male tattoo artist which was her old classmate. And this cherry blossom design was his procession. I have throw her a question on what happen if on the very day and this female tattoo artist unable to be there to do the inking for her and suggest this classmate do on her behalf. She says this will not happen. I do trust my partner fully but I don’t trust this group of people or her ex classmate at the tattoo studio. My partner told me to tack along if I don’t trust her. If I were to tack along, does this mean I agree to her being inked?

Both of us have a great sex life together and we are very into Doggie. But now I don’t know if I am able to do Doggie on her with that tattoo. I will be very put off with that ink on her. I don’t even know if I can put up with missionary or cow girl.

Braddah, tatoos are low class. Basically for the underclass as a form of rebelling against mainstream SG society.

shaver
23-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Braddah, tatoos are low class. Basically for the underclass as a form of rebelling against mainstream SG society.

You must be from stone age :D

BoinKING
23-10-2011, 05:39 PM
unless you're paying, which you're not..
what's the big fuss? It's only a tattoo just like an art collection only on skin.

Go apeshit over nothing.. not like a tattoo will make her a lesser person.

zacarie
23-10-2011, 06:20 PM

tattoos are low class? form of rebelling? i guess u still live in a world where ppl associate tattoos will gangsterism.
in where i live. tattoos are a form of art. although there are still ppl who sterotype those with tattoos. i think tt most ppl who have tattoos have a meaning behind those designs inked on them. if u ask me, i have for the ones on me. i feel tt most tattoos are beautiful. other than those spotted on some young punks tt is badly done. smudged n bad bad design..

MonteCristo
23-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Voice out your thoughts, but understand it is her call in the end. She did have one month of time to think it over, so any decisions should have been well-thought.

RealEstateGuy
24-10-2011, 12:06 AM
tattoos are low class? form of rebelling? i guess u still live in a world where ppl associate tattoos will gangsterism.
in where i live. tattoos are a form of art. although there are still ppl who sterotype those with tattoos. i think tt most ppl who have tattoos have a meaning behind those designs inked on them. if u ask me, i have for the ones on me. i feel tt most tattoos are beautiful. other than those spotted on some young punks tt is badly done. smudged n bad bad design..

Braddah I rarely if ever have seen tattoos in upperclass SG society.

zacarie
24-10-2011, 12:48 AM

mr high class (ughhhh.. pui! sorry need to clear throat first) just to clarify. my zacarie for sister (ur spelling should be sistah?)

all the upperclass ppl, their thinking are lower than the so called low class ppl whom u call. they are fake n it's all bout the outer apperance. the person whom u call upperclass could well have a tattoo hidden between his arse crack tt's y u have nvr seen it.

i'm proud to be labelled by u as low class. cause i'm being myself n not afraid to be myself. i dont have to brag about having some non existence so called high class fb.

CIM-FJ-BBBj
24-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Hi bros,

Just to hijack your thread , I also having this problem with my gal. I don't disagree for my gal to get it as the reason for her getting it is to cover up a scar on the knee cap which i think is a perfectly fine reason.

I am having this hard time thinking due to the following as I myself due to job related stuff I sometime have to sit into interviews. There was this incident which i remember is that there is this newly grad from Local Uni with a quite a good result i think 2nd lower or upper who came to our company for interview.

Everything went quite well for him until the very last moment where i was sending him out I notice that there is a tattoo on his back. After that my manager call me into his office to talk about this guy. I graded him quite high as in for result and also on his knowledge and i think my manager also quite like this guy but everything change when i just casually say that i saw his tattoo on his back.

We eventually did not hire that guy. After that during lunch i actually ask my manager why don't we hire that guy the reason he gave me during then was that we are a company with image and also the position require to meet customer (sales) thus he would not want someone with a tattoo to meet a customer.

So my dilemma is as follow I know that it is not wrong for my gal to get this tattoo as she wants to cover her scar but from my only experience I know that there is still this red tape in some organization regarding this.(Btw she is working on the service line).

So just to ask bros here who are of more experience should i just support her or should i advise her that maybe this is not a good decision. :)

zacarie
24-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Hi bros,

Just to hijack your thread , I also having this problem with my gal. I don't disagree for my gal to get it as the reason for her getting it is to cover up a scar on the knee cap which i think is a perfectly fine reason.

how big is she planning to get? what are the type of clothes required of her to wear to work? above knee? if not, there shouldnt be a problem cause she can wear pants or below knee length skirt to work to cover up. tt's if her workplace minds the tattoo.

goodpartner
24-10-2011, 01:41 AM

Braddah, one of my GF got this tattoo:
http://img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/14895/14895046a10e41c5e67b341bff85d15906e7a312.jpg

High class or Low class?

Braddah you are high class SG elite. National treasure of SG society.

CIM-FJ-BBBj
24-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Hi she wears those skirts which is above knee cap. Those OL work wear. As for her company i am not so sure? To me i am thinking in the future as tattoo is for life so will she have problem next time ?

:)

RealEstateGuy
24-10-2011, 06:11 AM
mr high class (ughhhh.. pui! sorry need to clear throat first) just to clarify. my zacarie for sister (ur spelling should be sistah?)

all the upperclass ppl, their thinking are lower than the so called low class ppl whom u call. they are fake n it's all bout the outer apperance. the person whom u call upperclass could well have a tattoo hidden between his arse crack tt's y u have nvr seen it.

i'm proud to be labelled by u as low class. cause i'm being myself n not afraid to be myself. i dont have to brag about having some non existence so called high class fb.

Braddah I dun label you. I just say what I think SG society thinks of you.

zacarie
24-10-2011, 06:50 AM
Braddah I dun label you. I just say what I think SG society thinks of you.

sistah, i guess u're living in ur own society then.

zacarie
24-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Hi she wears those skirts which is above knee cap. Those OL work wear. As for her company i am not so sure? To me i am thinking in the future as tattoo is for life so will she have problem next time ?

:)

if she knows how to cover up. it shouldnt be of any problem.

orchideous
24-10-2011, 06:53 AM
I really, really really love tattoos and think that they look amazing, little works of art.

Ultimately it's a personal choice and I wouldn't want anyone to keep nagging me if they hated it, especially if it's quite a decent-looking tattoo. We only have one life - do with it as we may, or must.

Personally I guess if it upset my partner, I might not get it, but I also feel that as a partner, you don't have to accept the tattoo, you can find a new girlfriend if it bothers you that much and sours your mood?

I don't actually know anyone who's regretted having a huge tattoo, the well-thought out ones that is. I think you just live with it and the mild inconveniences for the rest of your life. Even if x company doesn't wish to hire you, there'll be other opportunities elsewhere. (Though if it were me I'd be damn sure to cover up with pants/longsleeves/blazer etc for the interview, after I'm officially hired for a few months then maybe reveal haha.)

And life with a tattoo is so beautiful.

Rickey
24-10-2011, 07:27 AM
I really, really really love tattoos and think that they look amazing, little works of art.

Ultimately it's a personal choice and I wouldn't want anyone to keep nagging me if they hated it, especially if it's quite a decent-looking tattoo. We only have one life - do with it as we may, or must.

I don't actually know anyone who's regretted having a huge tattoo, the well-thought out ones that is. I think you just live with it and the mild inconveniences for the rest of your life. Even if x company doesn't wish to hire you, there'll be other opportunities elsewhere. (Though if it were me I'd be damn sure to cover up with pants/longsleeves/blazer etc for the interview, after I'm officially hired for a few months then maybe reveal haha.)

And life with a tattoo is so beautiful.

Sis Orchideous is rite...some tattoos really look very nice...cute too if not too big & well designed...but the problem wif tattoos is tat once inked, its sumthing like for LIFE...cannot be changed anytime u want to or it wil be a long, costly and painful affair to do so like 1 former local celebrity shared...but even if u manage to cover them up during job interviews, u can be exposed during the subsequent medical examination which u wil be required to undergo by the company during which u may hav to remove some or all of yr clothes e.g. like those recent air stewardesses who were stripped to their underwear for a check on tattoos and breast implants...btw sis, do u hav 1 yrself ?

Chanelfingers
24-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Good partner. That is nice!

goodpartner
24-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't mind my partner having a hellokitty monogram tattoo over her back. :D
looks nice from the back. lol

Bro, tattoo is for life... U sure hello kitty will still look good as she age? That's one of the concern we discussed before she took up the goldfish tattoo.

Also, go YouTube and search for "removing tattoo", show her, she may change her mind after watching how painful and difficult it's to remove them later...

TS, u can't force a cow not to drink from the pond, but u can show it how dirty the water is...

goodpartner
24-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Good partner. That is nice!

Thx for compliment ;)
U want to get the same on you?

RealEstateGuy
25-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Braddah, one of my GF got this tattoo:
http://img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/14895/14895046a10e41c5e67b341bff85d15906e7a312.jpg

High class or Low class?

Braddah, the tattoo may look nice to you but it has no place in corporate SG society.

Chanelfingers
25-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Thx for compliment ;)
U want to get the same on you?

Um no...
I set a date for myself...30 year old
Then do a tatt...
But I always wonder what to tell my
Kid when they ask...

Lovercb
25-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Oh this is one thread that interests me.

1) A professional tattoo artist will only concentrate on doing his/her work. Let me tell you this, a pro artist might have seen more boobs in all shape and sizes in their line of work. Like one of the bros here said, you could get your gf to wear nu-bra or nipples stickers to cover up. A pro artist will only touch the area where its suppose to ink. Since you had said it's from the shoulder to the back. NOBODY will go and touch or lick your gf's breasts!!!
(Pls go to a tattoo artist that you trust or it's well know for their works. Personally, i'll not go to some backlanes dark corner shops to have a tattoo done.)

2) Personally, i thinks most of the companies in S'pore would not mind any employees having tattoos on them as long as it's being covered up when meeting clients if they are in the sales jobs. But if you are talking about someone with their neck, face or both full hands being tattooed. That would be a different case.

3) SG society brand people with tattoos low class? You mean BPL soccer stars and hollywoods stars are low class too?? I think they don't give a damn to what you think. I do known of Millionaire S'poreans who have tattoos too driving lambo or ferrari. Are they low class to you too?

4) I would not object to anyone wanting a tattoo on their body as long as they choose an inking which they will not regret as it will stay with them for the rest of their life.

And lastly, i must say, inking is addictive. You will want MORE after the 1st .. :D

zacarie
25-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Um no...
I set a date for myself...30 year old
Then do a tatt...
But I always wonder what to tell my
Kid when they ask...

just tell them the meaning behind the tattoo. they may find it interesting. at least they know tattoos have a meaning. n in future if they do 1, it'll be a meaningful kind.

@lovercb: i agree. it is addictive..

goodpartner
25-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Braddah, the tattoo may look nice to you but it has no place in corporate SG society.

Are u telling me that in the SG society where YOUR corporate life evolves, YOU have to show your butt to your clients? :confused::eek: Hmm... Now I see what classes you are....

Btw, don't forget I'm no longer in the corporate world, there's another class higher than corporate world; those who owns the corporates but not run them; u forgot? My GF concentrates on being a goodpartner only, no need to be in the corporate.

Pls don't look down on her/anyone given a tattoo. U ought to be zap for this comment. I regret upping u long time ago when u were down. Braddah, do explain! :mad:

Kalv
25-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Will you allow yr partners (GF, wife or FB) go for a tattoo?... partner ..her late 20s ... next Saturday will be her inking D-day.... some unhappiness between us.... design like a Chinese or Japanese painting of a branch with some cherry blossoms..big one starting from her shoulder blade leading down to middle of her back... done by a female tattoo artist... do trust my partner fully ..... great sex life together and we are very into Doggie. ..will be very put off with that ink on her. .

Why not? Some tattoos are quite cute/nice/sweet (eg a small arrowed heart with your name). Important to tell her your unhappiness. She has every right to decide for her self. Try asking her to reduce the size as will be expensive/ more difficult/painful to remove if not happy. Ensure that the needles used are clean. Suggest you follow her to show support and ensure only female do the tattoing - room door close. Unlikely tattoo will affect job - as long as covered up by clothing. Employers are only concerned with image projections - what can be seen. Just switch of the lights during sex if you do not like the tattoo. Can also change to missionary position. :p Last resort - change partner. :D All the best.

goodpartner
25-10-2011, 05:51 PM
a small arrowed heart with your name).
:
:
Last resort - change partner.

You damn farni hor, suggested this type of tattoo and also encourage changing of partner? :eek::rolleyes::D

zacarie
25-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Why not? Some tattoos are quite [B]cute/nice/sweet (eg a small arrowed heart with [U]your name

nvr put ur partner name in a tattoo. when u break up. how?? and most tattooist will advise against it or some wont do it at all..
there some saying or something tt when u inked ur partner name. chances it wont last. and it's true i think. have come across it..

and changing partner, i doubt he will cause it's his wife if i'm not wrong as i came across an exact same post but a longer version. there's a wife and kid in that post.. i may be wrong.

Kalv
25-10-2011, 06:41 PM
... damn farni hor, ...

...his wife ....

Just joking - thought my message was clear: ":p Last resort - change partner.:D" Definitely wish him all the best with his partner. My aim is actually to ask him to accept his partner's wish but to go for a small tattoo - very easy to remove - and ensure her safety. :)Cheers

callmebad
25-10-2011, 11:45 PM
best way is to strike a compromise
you and the girl will jointly choose something or object that you both like for the tattoo
next is to agree on the part of the body to be tattooed
this will give her some right to do something she likes
and at the same time letting you to play a role or participate in some tattoo decision making (give yourself some 'face'):)
this is the ideal outcome, in my view, though my feeling is, most Singaporean women are not that 'kuai' to allow men to have some face!:p