PDA

View Full Version : Small claims tribunals

surfaceboard
03-06-2011, 10:37 PM

surfaceboard
04-06-2011, 08:58 AM

arrdwolf_77
04-06-2011, 01:46 PM
owe money pay money. U call, u pay la. Why must somebody foot the bill for u?

small jx
04-06-2011, 03:52 PM
u can try to nego with them paying by instalment, at least thats what my friend did :p

joew2005
04-06-2011, 04:08 PM
hi surfaceboard, where did u called 2 chalk up a hp bill of over 4k ?
if they hv gone 2 tis process 2 get back the $, it would be easy 4 u 2 simply say dun pay.
no 1 k help u la,only $ k help u now.

4 a start,respondents must attend the Consultation b4 the Registrar in person.

there r alot of $ involved when it has gone 2 tis stage.
4 eg:a party may file an appeal against a Discontinuance Order issued by the Registrar 2 the Referee of the Tribunals, pursuant 2 Section 17(4) of the Small Claims Tribunals Act, Chapter 308. Tis appeal against the Registrar's decision must be filed not later than 1 month fr the date of the Order. A fee of $20.00 is payable 4 the filing of an appeal.
goto http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/sct/index.aspx to read 4 yrself.

Johnston
04-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Dear bros, i have jus recieved a Small claims tribunals notice from singtel regarding hp bills amountingto 4k+. i know this is not the right place to ask but i am at a lost. any bros have the same experience as me? can i dun pay? thanks in advance.

It might be really helpful if you tell us in what circumstances you incurred this 4k bill :rolleyes:

Did you for example take your Iphone overseas and just happily use Auto-roami??? then just happy happy use the Internets???? if in that case then you might be up shit creek with no paddle :eek:

imaginative
04-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Dear bros, i have jus recieved a Small claims tribunals notice from singtel regarding hp bills amountingto 4k+. i know this is not the right place to ask but i am at a lost. any bros have the same experience as me? can i dun pay? thanks in advance.

If you really spent 4k + on your phone bill, you must pay.

Otherwise, you might be sued by Singtel.

redcrane
04-06-2011, 09:16 PM

If you dun pay Singtel might load your name to credit bureau and your name will be blacklisted .

starystarynite
05-06-2011, 01:10 AM
I have experieced of 300 bill which incur due to data usage while roaming. But I telll singtel that I didnt use it n my phone I set the autoroam if data to off. Which I really did. So, after some negotiation, I pay only 40.

Yr 4k, if really use by yoy, u have to pay. Try to negotiate fr discount n installment payment.

1nottiboy
05-06-2011, 01:43 AM
just pay. its only 4k. dun be a loser. but if its a dispute, then nego with them.

Piratex
05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
u owe singtel 4k and u dont want to pay?

What if singtel owe u 4k and don't want to pay you?

How would u feel?

alan0338
05-06-2011, 11:46 AM
TS, how u call until $4000 plus?? :confused: did u call those chat lines and hear the sexy voices until addicted? :confused: :rolleyes:

david11
05-06-2011, 03:54 PM
can always contact Singtel and neg a Discount.

Or consult a lawyer to find out what if dun pay

therapist
05-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Well, if you don't dispute the charges (which is unlikely that you can anyway), you get judgment entered against you. Thereafter, they will take up execution proceedings (i.e., Writ of Seizure and Sale, Garnishee) etc. $4k not enough to make you a bankrupt, so you are safe for now.

redcrane
07-06-2011, 05:54 PM
can always contact Singtel and neg a Discount.

Or consult a lawyer to find out what if dun pay

Lawyer cost money. Best is to contact Singtel directly to negotiate for an installment plan. As long as you are able to pay every month without fail I am sure singtel would not take further action against you.