PDA

View Full Version : Alternate transport to Pertain - Shuttle bus to city square mall from Toa Payoh

sbduckz
18-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi bros,

Not sure if this has been shared with you guys.. but for those bros staying along the north south line.. and wanna save some $ on transport to pertain.. there is a shuttle bus from toa payoh central to city square mall which is next to pertain..

think this might save some $ on transport and also time.. i dunno i use it go get to pertain as i stay in bishan and normally take the train to TP before taking bus to jalan besar area.. quite a long trip in my opinion..

the shuttle bus picks up and drops at the bus stop opposite the TP methodist church .. next to the taxi stand that one and its near the old chang kee at TP central.. not sure abt timings though (:

hope this is useful for some bros

5thGearism
21-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi bros,

Not sure if this has been shared with you guys.. but for those bros staying along the north south line.. and wanna save some $ on transport to pertain.. there is a shuttle bus from toa payoh central to city square mall which is next to pertain..

think this might save some $ on transport and also time.. i dunno i use it go get to pertain as i stay in bishan and normally take the train to TP before taking bus to jalan besar area.. quite a long trip in my opinion..

the shuttle bus picks up and drops at the bus stop opposite the TP methodist church .. next to the taxi stand that one and its near the old chang kee at TP central.. not sure abt timings though (:

hope this is useful for some bros

bro

Take a MRT from Toa payoh station southward to Dhoby Ghaut interchange. then switch to North East line in Punggol direction to Farrer Park station. Walk 5 minutes to Petain road.
It wouldn't take much time to travel. it is cheap and affordable. Don't need to look out for timing.

hope this is useful for bros going Petain from Toa Payoh

austin69
21-11-2010, 03:44 PM
bro

Take a MRT from Toa payoh station southward to Dhoby Ghaut interchange. then switch to North East line in Punggol direction to Farrer Park station. Walk 5 minutes to Petain road.
It wouldn't take much time to travel. it is cheap and affordable. Don't need to look out for timing.

Here's another tip, very easy!

Go to Bro fornicator's posts, go down until you reach his signature, then you click the links and you will see all you need to know.

I thank you.:D

youarechibi
22-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Thank you. MRT is flexible than shuttle bus. Btw how much is the shuttle bus?

fornicator
22-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Thank you. MRT is flexible than shuttle bus. Btw how much is the shuttle bus?

No wonder cannot see your post, you choose colour white for your text.

FYI shuttle bus is FOC! Correct or not?

Cheers.

sbduckz
24-11-2010, 07:02 PM
haha yes shuttle is FOC.. plus i stay in TP so i jus need to jalan jalan .. since we are budgeting by going to PT.. i guess budget alittle more save some $$ on bus/train ride..

i used to take 139 from tp central.. wah seh.. that was a killer ride.. btw i get to PT my didi sian 1/2 1/2 from the long tiring ride liao

alvin36
24-11-2010, 07:54 PM
haha yes shuttle is FOC.. plus i stay in TP so i jus need to jalan jalan .. since we are budgeting by going to PT.. i guess budget alittle more save some $$ on bus/train ride..

i used to take 139 from tp central.. wah seh.. that was a killer ride.. btw i get to PT my didi sian 1/2 1/2 from the long tiring ride liao

yes.. bro, the bus leave city square mall half hourly...

1000, 1030, 1100........ 1800, 1830, 1900..... etc...

which means reach tpy about 1015, 1045,...... 1815, 1845.... etc.

toyomi100
24-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I understand that vehicle traffic near petain road is heavy.
As far as heavy traffice is concern, MRT is the optimum option.

Lone_Wolf
26-11-2010, 12:47 AM
bro

I tink it's faster to take 142 from TP to Potong Pasir MRT and ride 2 stops to Farrer Park..... any bros staying in TP can try out this route? :D

YouAreRight
26-11-2010, 05:49 AM
Some members is concern about travelling speed.
Fyi, going to Petain rd by Taxi is faster.
The thread is kind to inform member that free shutter bus service is available. MRT, Taxi, public Bus, driving and cycling etc are irrelevent right?

YouAreRight
26-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks to Bro alvin36

Kindly ignore the hyperlink in my earlier post

Cheers

alvin36
26-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Hi

Should be able to get more information from this link:

http://onehub.blogspot.com/2010/01/free-shuttle-bus-to-city-square-mall.html

Cheers

bro, this link is not updated.
I think the bus interval has changed to every 30min since few months ago, and no longer using mini bus, is using the normal long bus nowadays.

sbduckz
27-11-2010, 01:40 AM
haha thx for all the bros who replied.. i know taxi and train and bus are the fastest.. but you know.. since pT is a budget place.. so i suggest a budget way to get there LOL! esp for those staying along the north south line (: can stop at TP and take the shuttle .. happy boinking !!

jacky43
27-11-2010, 10:45 AM
So you notice? CSM is operating SMRT buses, not the mini types. I guess there may be extending longer, faster because of the year end sales. CSM is into the second year, time frys when we least expected.

Then it is every members to recee the places, search for the best route. We are in a small country, not difficult for i wrote b4. All rds lead to PT, all will lead away from it.

Still, spend wisely and bonk save too.

YouAreRight
27-11-2010, 11:54 AM
True!

By MRT, from TP MRT station to Farrer Park MRT station is about S$1.25/- with ez-link card. Going to and return cost S$2.50/- in total for 1 visit.
So 20 trips (between TP MRT and Farrer Park MRT) is S$50/-.
And S$50/- can exchange for a happy 20mins with excellent WLs.

Fyi pls

SaveMoney
29-11-2010, 12:04 AM
True!

By MRT, from TP MRT station to Farrer Park MRT station is about S$1.25/- with ez-link card. Going to and return cost S$2.50/- in total for 1 visit.
So 20 trips (between TP MRT and Farrer Park MRT) is S$50/-.
And S$50/- can exchange for a happy 20mins with excellent WLs.

Fyi pls

That would save you a lot of money