PDA

View Full Version : Side Track a bit

pokeman71
25-09-2010, 10:03 AM
On the computer monitor after we boot up, bottom right corner will have icon. One of the icon is for those thunb drive when you insert or remove.

My question is, will this icon always be there. My office PC have this icon on but i check the usb port all not use. Could it be those spy device being insert.

I used to surf this site during office hour.

PLs advise.

BiRd13
25-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Bro, like you mentioned, the icon usually is when you plug in those plug and play device. It's not neccessary thumbdrive or what that using usb. It might be your monitor, or even scanner/printer. If you are using 'port' instead of usb, then something might be wrong. Do a hardware scan and see what is that. One of the reason being that it might you remove some usb thumbdrive before, but never use the remove icon from the taskbar, hence it still showing that icon.

rob_onny
25-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Whoa Bro TS, this like tech support thread... hahahaha... :D

pokeman71
25-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Whoa Bro TS, this like tech support thread... hahahaha... :D

Bro, i believe lots of our bro are surfing this site in office. So I think is time SBY should have a group of IT support to prevent us get inot trouble in office.

ekemono
25-09-2010, 08:55 PM
With or without any funny icon, the company IT can monitor what website you visited, your download, your email, your internet hours.

Some larger company do close an eye on forum like this, until some other dept jealous eyes sound the alert or your dept productivity goes downhill steeply.

pokeman71
25-09-2010, 09:49 PM
With or without any funny icon, the company IT can monitor what website you visited, your download, your email, your internet hours.

Some larger company do close an eye on forum like this, until some other dept jealous eyes sound the alert or your dept productivity goes downhill steeply.

Just a small company(less than 10set of computer, no server. So your concern is not the issue. Only scare the boss got those plug in device that we know what you do.