PDA

View Full Version : NEW Thai disco Joint at Adelphi

whatamidoing
29-07-2010, 12:54 AM
was there to do some window shopping this afternoon and found that there is a new joint near the escalator at basement 1. I think previously was some form of KTV but today turn to be a thai band bar...i not sure how is it operate but just glance into the store while their entrance door was wide open. anyone can give advice what is this joint? ThX........

gelek_king
29-07-2010, 12:56 AM
What is the name ?

whatamidoing
29-07-2010, 12:58 AM
What is the name ?

ohhh.....i forgotten to drop down the name...really forgot what is the name already......

owen10
29-07-2010, 02:35 AM
wow ... seems like Adelphi's basement is a pretty happening place these days ... to start with, got wide selection of massage joints ... got pinay pubs n now got thai disco .... :D

Mankok
29-07-2010, 02:40 AM
The Thai gals who are in sgp act they are high-so. Just take a look in OT.
No, I prefer the Pinays.

sagacious
29-07-2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks for sharing.

kenk1924
29-07-2010, 03:26 PM
interesting....ever dropped in there a few times early last year but mainly patronize the pubs...used to b a hand flower joint and before the hang flower joint it was another ktv concept place...

nowadays quite free, will drop by and have a jug or 2 next week....if i remember, i will drop some comments here...lol

kenk1924
21-08-2010, 04:37 AM
ok....apologies for the lateness in this loooong winded report.....

Executive Summary:
i like this pub! but it may NOT be appealing to 99.9% of the bros out here who are looking for certain common factors i.e. eye-candies, WLs etc. (which is what this forum is all about of course) ok, lets get down to business.

Name of joint:
Cherry May (Myanmar style pub, owned by Myanmese Lady boss, Wah Wah Soe aka Catherine. delectable MILF in my opinion)

Date & time:
18 Aug 2010 (wed) approx. arrival at 10pm

Beer Dmge:
- $20 per jug (Tiger) all nite long.

- $5.50 per 0.5pint mug (heineken) all nite long. for some reason, they don't sell heineken by the jug

- a lot of other bottle choices including hoegarden at a range of $6-$7 per bott. wine available also but i never ask price. they serve traditional Myanmese snacks too.

WLs:
NONE (LOL)

Overall Concept:
meant to be a chill out place for white collar Myanmese working in Singapore who has a penchant for 'jamming' (standard set of guitar, bass, drum)

Details:
when i first stepped in, i saw 1 pretty lady and 1 uncle (on guitar) performing a Myanmese song on stage. looked around, only 3 tables of working execs (with about 3 good looking OLs). no pretty things walking around, i thought 'oh shit....sianz...'

purposely walk to the left, saw 1 KTV room with many guys inside singing Myanmese song...walk to far right, one glance can see est. 3 similar KTV Rooms.

was thirsty so i thought might as well have a beer and check out the pricing; back of my mind was thinking after that can pop to the other 2 pubs around the corner coz i saw a few NOT BAD WLs walking up and down the escalator.

picked a seat furthest from stage, sat down. Lady boss came over and had a small chat. bought 1 x half pint heineken. they have maxonline showing on 2 projector screen also and idly listening to the song...going through the days events in my mind...(who say man cannot multi task...??)

finished the first drink in no time & asked for a second. noticed that the customers seems very at home, taking turns to go on stage and sing. initially, all myanmar songs. dun understand but like the tunes. (mostly ripp offs from U.S pop songs i.e. shakira, boy bands....etc)

until....1 song caught my notice. one of the gal who was hanging out wif the OLs did an English (American twang tho) version of Umbrella by Rihanna. a slow ballad style...it was really good. without looking at her, one would have thought it was a semi-professional singing (hmm...she might be)

maybe it was due to that song, the customers became excited and started belting out great songs. it was by then approx. 11+ and i was already into my 4th beer and enjoying good old tunes from Bon Jovi, No Doubt, Cranberries (yes, Zombie), Lady Gaga and lots more. i must say, they really can sing and the drummer was excellent.

maybe it was because the songs they played were my type of songs and the chemistry between them was quite good; i stayed till 1.30 (after like...4 pints?) made small chat with lady boss and found out that the customers are regulars, usually they are there wed & fri weekly. i asked her if i was lucky to be there that day to catch such good performances, she smiled and said yes, rarely are they so hyped up.

left at about 1.40pm, quite high already, but took cab over to Ginny's for 1 courtesy jug (shan't go into details here, its not part of this thread) & went home a drunk man on a wed nite at 4+am.

Final Verdict:
for chilling out, cheap beer and hoping to get a rare glimpse of that chemistry of band 'jamming' which stirs memories.

thats the full details, sorry its so long, out.:cool:

Dagger_Lee
21-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the report.

whatamidoing
21-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks for your details FR........

LittleBloke
21-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the FR. But what about the air quality. Basement pubs are usually lacking in this area.

kenk1924
26-08-2010, 01:17 AM
[QUOTE=LittleBloke;5139694]Thanks for the FR. But what about the air quality. Basement pubs are usually lacking in this area.[/QUOTE

it was ok, air con was still on.

in fact, very difficult to find place to smoke, coz have to go all the way out i.e. go up 1st level, out main door.

after 10pm, need to sign in to get into the building from the main door.