PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Picking Up Gals Needed

DegenerationX
07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Bros, I am in a situation and needs some advice on the next steps I should take in order not to break the whole thing. The situation is as follows:

Met this waitress in a pub which I frequent about 2 weeks ago. At first, we just chat and drink, but after a few times we exchanged numbers. Since then, we have been exchanging sms everyday. She will even call me everyday after her work (about 3am) to chat with me for awhile. She will also show concern for me, like recently I had a very bad toothache and had to go A&E to extract my wisdom tooth in the middle of the nite. She will show her concern and ask am I feeling better, ask me to take soft food during this period etc.

However, there was once when I hinted to her in a joking manner that I like her, she will act blur and say that cannot be and then brush off the topic to elsewhere.

My own perception is she is into me, but maybe I'm wrong too. So now the question:

1. Is my perception right?
2. What is the next step to take so as not to break this thing?

Any advice welcome. :)

yangguo
07-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I am not an expert on dating but i would suggest you try the following ways:

Try ask her out for a single date on her off day. If she agreed to meet you, this means that you still stand a chance.

I suggest you buy her a nice dinner at some romantic places and try probing her questions like whether she is single or attached during or after the dinner. If she is attached, then you should find out how her relationship with her bf is going. If she is single, then ask her how she think of you.

Bro TS, wish you success! :)

johnny_boy
07-05-2010, 12:44 PM
bro, IMO maybe you shld start to play cold abit? like everyday morning when she text u. then u reply slower than usual like say abt 2 hrs later. then u see in the meantime whether she will send u msg asking like why you haven reply or such, or maybe call u. If she does, then definitely your chance is there.
I use tis quite often to check if the gal is into me:D
Just some humble opinions from me.

walle
07-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Lead ur own normal life, she jus treat u like customers

Adler
07-05-2010, 03:12 PM
I remember there's a thread in this forum bout tips on picking up gals, thread title had the words need guts to try

Maybe you try looking for that thread and see the postings inside and see if any can help ?

Janson
07-05-2010, 04:06 PM

So you are into her mean she does not have a bf ? May have made the situation a bit delicate by dropping hints before asking for a date.

Try using a month or so to take things back to the way it was, exchanging sms and stuff, but no hints. Chat with her about places you want to go, things you want to do but have yet to and see if any interest her. And when you feel things are stable already, ask her out to go with you to those places that you feel she maybe interested in.

Hope it helps.

waiwaiz
07-05-2010, 08:08 PM

Any advice welcome. :)

Take out your thing and ask "Do u want this"?:D
juz joking.......:p

thomas83
07-05-2010, 09:02 PM
think you should just ask her out since u want to anyway. I feel that she is definitely interested in you coz i dun know of any gals who wuld shower a man with SMS-es of concern(whether genuine or not) unless they r interested in a guy or something he has. Like some of the brothers said, maybe juz a meal to chitchat & know more abt each other before you decide to take a step further ....haha, good luck

izerkudie
07-05-2010, 09:08 PM
bro, do the pratical way, ask her out..since you didnt met her then? the key to a lady bedroom is through her ears. lastly, do not put in feelings :)

DegenerationX
10-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks to all bros who has given me advice. :)

Anyway, I did ask her out for a meal over the weekend. During the meal, we chatted here and there and she told me she has broken with her 6 years bf few mths back(this i had already known) and she has locked her heart up as she is afraid of getting hurt again. And she treats me as a very good friend so ask me not to think too much.....:(

Guess I should just let things cool off for the time being?

Wlyde
10-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Guess I should just let things cool off for the time being?

Good idea. I think you can try being a friend who is always there for her, being reliable and all, someone she can count on.

Another thing, be cautious. If she is the cheerful caring type, you will not be the first to try to get her, many others may have tried so she has her own SOP in dealing with it : How to reject you without offending and such.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, buddy.

Ridley
10-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Bro, the just broke up with bf so need some time to 疗伤 like a bit lame. Maybe she just want you as spare tyre to make you wait. Go in with eyes wide open bro.