PDA

View Full Version : TNP: Despite tough new laws, perverts persist

asdfghjkl
04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
When did the law change our age of consent from 16 to 18? The article should clarify that only paid sex below 18 is illegal.

-------------------------------

The Electric New Paper :

Despite tough new laws, perverts persist

The New Paper team meets man who placed ads asking school girls for 'heavy petting'

They have been exposed, jailed and shamed. Yet sexual predators continue to prowl for young girls – despite tough new laws.

By Nurul Asyikin Mohd Nasir

04 May 2010

They have been exposed, jailed and shamed. Yet sexual predators continue to prowl for young girls – despite tough new laws.

A lonely man called Simon, in his late 30s and single, posted an ad on a local classifieds website, looking for school girls for "heavy petting" and offered cash for their services.

Posing at first as a 17-year-old girl, this reporter responded to his ad and asked how much he was willing to pay.

In a back-and-forth SMS exchange, he stated his demands, and used money as bait. "Do more, pay more," he said.

A meeting was arranged at a park in Toa Payoh on April 21. The plan was for a reporter to meet him, while The New Paper team monitored his moves from a distance.

Anyone meeting up with a minor under the age of 18 with the intention of having sex can be fined and jailed up to three years.

If the communication leads to sex, the offender can be jailed up to seven years or fined, or both.

The Electric New Paper, Singapore - The Electric New Paper News (http://www.tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,239236,00.html?)

siokan
04-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I dont think is right that his pic was shown although the face is mask off. His family, friends or colleagues can easily recognise him.

Rays
04-05-2010, 11:43 PM
When did the law change our age of consent from 16 to 18? The article should clarify that only paid sex below 18 is illegal.

-------------------------------

The Electric New Paper, Singapore - The Electric New Paper News (http://www.tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,239236,00.html?)

I also thought that the legal age of consent was 16 but this post made me do some digging in some informative threads in SBF. Refer to the following link:

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/welcome-fl-dome-free-stds-included/41631-all-you-need-know-about-offences-relating-prostitution-under-sg-law-7.html#post2766646

It seems that if there is commercial exchange with under 18s, then it is a crime. If it is a relationship, eg bf/gf then it's ok. Unless the gal is below 16 which would then come under statutory rape.

At least that is how I interpret it.

owen10
05-05-2010, 02:07 AM
what a pervertic IDIOT!!! he's asking for trouble n trying to test our law. if he's desperate for thrills, juz go GL or 1 of d HCs/MPs to wank it off n pet for all he like. i really hope he's caught n let our law deal with him!!! when he's in changi prison, hope he'll kena pet by all the gay in-mates til he cry!!! :mad:

Torrone
05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I remember a current affairs programme a few yrs back also did something similar. Thro mirc, chatline or something. They filmed the whole thing as well as conversation.

When the reporter revealed her identity, the man in question changed his tune and said that he wanted to counsel and caution the girl about bad guys on the net :rolleyes:

Somethings never change, just different ppl doing it to different ppl.

84gunner
06-05-2010, 09:00 PM
as the old saying goes, “色胆包天”。

When the urge for sex comes, it can drive up the courage so much that nothing can hold it back, not even if the sky tumbles!

Eaglet
06-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Where do we draw the line between perversity and acceptable standards? Our conditions in life is so diverse that what is necessary to some is extravagance to others.

Yardstick
07-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Interesting. I too thought it is ok as long as the girl is above 16. Well, now we know that 18 is the legal age for commercial sex and will be more careful.

Anyway, lots of such people are around. I personally feel that the if the girl is a willing party who understands what she is going to do or doing, i think it not consider a perversion. That said, if the girl is say, below 16, i still think that they are not old enough to consider the seriousness and consequences of their actions.

As such, i think it is right that the law states that under 16 is illegal. And they really should make it illegal even with agreement from the girl.

Chazz
10-05-2010, 11:08 AM
As such, i think it is right that the law states that under 16 is illegal. And they really should make it illegal even with agreement from the girl.

It is illegal if under 16, even with consent. Comes under statutory rape.