PDA

View Full Version : 138 suspects nabbed in multi-agency operation

av365
11-04-2010, 11:40 PM
URL CNA (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1049341/1/.html)

SINGAPORE: Police arrested nearly 140 people in an anti-crime operation at Geylang that ended early Sunday morning.

More than 150 officers from different agencies took part in the latest operation, led by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).

They included personnel from the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB), the Singapore Customs and the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

The suspects were nabbed for offences such as peddling contraband cigarettes, gang and vice-related activities.

They were arrested at places including entertainment outlets, back lanes and lodging houses.

Investigations are ongoing.

arm00
12-04-2010, 01:15 AM
So many news nowadays on mata or garment agencies doing ops here and there..Come to tink of it, I have a song....

You better watch out,
you better not cry,
you better behave, coz I'm telling you why...
Election is cuming to town....Pls Vote for me...:D

impartial
12-04-2010, 05:48 AM
Too rampant already. The police need to flex their muscles a little to remind these people that they are being watched.

joew2005
12-04-2010, 06:21 AM
So many news nowadays on mata or garment agencies doing ops here and there..Come to tink of it, I have a song....

You better watch out,
you better not cry,
you better behave, coz I'm telling you why...
Election is cuming to town....Pls Vote for me...:D

u r quite rite .....
1 stone kill 2 birds .....
1 hand k get some $(fines) ,the other 2 indirectly relate a message 2 the ppl .....

The Monkees
12-04-2010, 07:11 AM
i think the earliest possible date is last quarter of this year after the YOG maybe.

joerush72
12-04-2010, 12:07 PM
this is wat happens when the thugs try to mess with sg police

200 Gangsters Assaulted 4 Plain Clothed Policemen at Geylang (Delphi Forum)/ Support Site for The Unemployed (http://www.transitioning.org/2010/03/06/200-gangsters-assautled-4-plain-clothed-policemen-at-geylang-delphi-forum/)

waiwaiz
12-04-2010, 12:24 PM
i think lots of ppl in geylang are really dulan. Business is already bad with all the raid........

picador
12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Now want to call chicken also scare.

qwerty78
12-04-2010, 08:49 PM
ppl in geylang stepped over the line....

police have to show them who is in charge....

if ppl there not so 大膽,police also want to close one eye. You think ang chia so free everyday meh....

sooner or later, policemen turn to buay song.... so many thing to do

wakatipu
12-04-2010, 09:34 PM
In the Today paper, the photo of the gals arrested in a ktv looks good to me.

Anyone know which ktv?

Well, it looks like this kind of operation is gonna to be a weekly affair with regular raids on the hot spots.

I could see that things are changing in GL. Many of the stalls in the coffeeshops have closed. Only those better ones are able to survive. and the coffeeshops are not as crowded as before. And these days, it is easy to find a parking lot in the evening.

No chicken, no customers, no crowds, no business.

Ascendance
12-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Things like that nowadays, better stay away from there. Have to start looking for lobangs outside of gl. At least have sbf for reference :D

Billiton
12-04-2010, 11:13 PM
I think time to go over to JB and Batam liao.

AustinPowers
13-04-2010, 05:17 AM
you are right. this is the result of assaulting the 4 policemen.
do NOT mess around with the police here.

the police is raiding geylang and won't stop raiding until the gangster heads of geylang get the message loud and clear -- get your house in order, make sure all your gang members know who the real boss is -- the police.

this is wat happens when the thugs try to mess with sg police

200 Gangsters Assaulted 4 Plain Clothed Policemen at Geylang (Delphi Forum)/ Support Site for The Unemployed (http://www.transitioning.org/2010/03/06/200-gangsters-assautled-4-plain-clothed-policemen-at-geylang-delphi-forum/)

jacky43
13-04-2010, 03:52 PM
We being hearing of blanglahs and Ah Tiongs losing $. Somehow, the operators r doing con biz, if we do not stop them more such ppls r going to lose $.

Also, long mountain (PRC) FLs, getting a good bonking searching for a good 1. Is almost like finding a pin in the ocean. Seems they r pulling a fast1, we have a right to arrest them. Clean up the street, in that sense, but soon another batch will come.

jacky43
13-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Just heard gov ppls brought up the raid thing in house. Let's see how far they want to stop this illegal vices. I wonder how r we going to check, put policy on legal biz enterprises? We know hotels going up alot of places, sure vices will follow. Many countries same what, cannot we all overlooked.

sky_liner2
13-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Things like that nowadays, better stay away from there. Have to start looking for lobangs outside of gl. At least have sbf for reference :D

Not necessary, they are also raiding those budget transit hotels. Heard that there are calls from Parliament to stop all this transit rentals.

The best and safest, go to those licensed brothels. Pity them, they paid for the license but no good business. ;)

13-04-2010, 04:45 PM
We being hearing of blanglahs and Ah Tiongs losing $. Somehow, the operators r doing con biz, if we do not stop them more such ppls r going to lose $.

Also, long mountain (PRC) FLs, getting a good bonking searching for a good 1. Is almost like finding a pin in the ocean. Seems they r pulling a fast1, we have a right to arrest them. Clean up the street, in that sense, but soon another batch will come.

ever heard of one chicken killed one chicken born....

no way they can clean all up unless they control the visa but our leader encourage such foreign talents ???????