PDA

View Full Version : Do You Prefer Single or Married?

Sting
24-07-2009, 08:52 AM
This is for those who are married as single do not exprience the both way of life.

When Single you wish to get marry who someone you cared and love.

When Married you will find out that you are not only marry with the person you love and cared. It also come in one whole string of problem and responsilbilty.

How many of us think that marriage is becasue you have been dating with someone and you loved him or her afer a long time? Tired of switching another life time partner? Responsilibilty more than love.

How many of us think that Single is free of reporting to someone, can bedded with as many people as posiible without string attach?

How about do you enjoy your marriage life? After how many years do you think you cannot live without your spouse?

BigHEAD
24-07-2009, 08:57 AM
This is for those who are married as single do not exprience the both way of life.

When Single you wish to get marry who someone you cared and love.

When Married you will find out that you are not only marry with the person you love and cared. It also come in one whole string of problem and responsilbilty.

How many of us think that marriage is becasue you have been dating with someone and you loved him or her afer a long time? Tired of switching another life time partner? Responsilibilty more than love.

How many of us think that Single is free of reporting to someone, can bedded with as many people as posiible without string attach?

How about do you enjoy your marriage life? After how many years do you think you cannot live without your spouse?

interesting thread..more problem & burden when the little tiny come along

HeadOn
24-07-2009, 09:16 AM
m in late 30s n single...still enjoying the freedom i m having...since m drawing a v comfortable pay, i got lotsa freedom to save how much i want n also spend on the things i like esp accessories in car.....but if married liao, all must cut liao.....though not against marriage, but unless get someone really gd enuff to settle down with, rather be single n enjoy life

remember tis..being single, u determine wat kinda life u wanna lead..but once married, u gotta consider the other party liao..cant be as selfish..

Gixxer75
24-07-2009, 12:05 PM
m in late 30s n single...still enjoying the freedom i m having...since m drawing a v comfortable pay, i got lotsa freedom to save how much i want n also spend on the things i like esp accessories in car.....but if married liao, all must cut liao.....though not against marriage, but unless get someone really gd enuff to settle down with, rather be single n enjoy life

remember tis..being single, u determine wat kinda life u wanna lead..but once married, u gotta consider the other party liao..cant be as selfish..

Totally agree with u.....once have kids u need to work harder!!

aufait
24-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Marriage and having children are progresses in life.

cuppam1982
24-07-2009, 12:42 PM
i prefer married.
i can stand to be alone.

prefer someone to hug at night

joew2005
24-07-2009, 12:50 PM
i prefer married.
i can stand to be alone.

prefer someone to hug at night

yo ..... frd ...... u write wrongly or u so confused ???

1 moment u said "i prefer married",then "i can stand 2 be alone" & finally "prefer some1 2 hug @ nite" .....

fyi,even if not married also k get some1 2 hug @ nite.
Likewise if married,it doesn't imply u will always hv some1 2 hug @ nite.

mayday
24-07-2009, 01:01 PM
think must be typo for can't la..lolx.

anyways, on topic...late twenties supposed to settle down not too far in the future ...just feel tt marriage shld be between 2 ppl but in reality tt is so not true and tts when all the problems come in...

HeadOn
24-07-2009, 02:40 PM
there's always pro n cons being single or being married..n in different stage of life, ie which age u in, the pro also can turn to cons n vice versa..

most imptly is know wat kinda life u wanna lead..n be happy n never regret on the lifestyle u wanna lead..:)

warcock
24-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Solitude is a good place to visit but a poor place to stay.

Miracle Bra
24-07-2009, 05:40 PM
There are too many priorities in life. Many times, you can't decide wat you wanna get first. So just let nature takes its course. Remember life is a journey, sail along with the wind. It's tough if you go against it.

Oralcraz
24-07-2009, 05:41 PM
there's always pro n cons being single or being married..n in different stage of life, ie which age u in, the pro also can turn to cons n vice versa..
most imptly is know wat kinda life u wanna lead..n be happy n never regret on the lifestyle u wanna lead..:)

Me married 18 years. I agree with you. Bachelor has bachelor life activities and Married has got different activities as well. Of course being Single, we have all the freedom in the world and being Married, comes with sacrifice, commitment and responsibility.

HeadOn
24-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Me married 18 years. I agree with you. Bachelor has bachelor life activities and Married has got different activities as well. Of course being Single, we have all the freedom in the world and being Married, comes with sacrifice, commitment and responsibility.

bro, tks for UP me though just a pt..

life is sure of disappointments here n there..but to live w regret is most miserable.....but watever decision one to, be single or married, one still need to be reasonable for all his/her life

singexpat
24-07-2009, 05:52 PM
What i've seen from my surroundings;

Before Marriage; bonk whenever there's chance,
After: See mood, atmosphere, occasion, etc..

Before Marriage; bonk ANYWHERE, willing to try,
After: Onli bedroom, with nice air con runnin..

Before Marriage; Call Dear, Honey, Luv, ...
After: Oei, HELLO!, TSk TSK...

Before Marriage; Miss u deep deep everyday
After: See so long for wat..

Before Marriage; pattern more than badminton
After: So many pattern for wat? Faster CHut let me sleep...

Before Marriage; Yes, i listen to u
After: U LISTEN TO ME

Guess bros n sistas whom r married should be nodding their heads by now.. :D

bochapsing
24-07-2009, 06:00 PM

haha....

bro, this is a good one....

it's funny and damn true....

:D:D:D

whitegals
24-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Huh?

Chey! I thought the question was whether you prefer to bang single or married women.... :confused:

Toyota Honda
24-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Huh?

Chey! I thought the question was whether you prefer to bang single or married women.... :confused:

Ya man. I was ready to post my ans....

Outbreak1973
24-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeap agree with singexpat

goodbong
24-07-2009, 09:55 PM
birds flying in the wild want to fly into the cage, while birds inside the cage want to get out.

it's just different stages of life everyone has to go thro:p

yang punk
24-07-2009, 10:58 PM
If you have the slightest bit of doubt ... don't marry!

Driftmaster
25-07-2009, 05:37 PM
This question can be quite contradicting.:D

When married, always wanna fool around but always got mark by wifey.
So gonna cum out with lotsa excuses or play hide n seek with 2 sim card or more.:p

When single, u can fool around 24 hours a day with no concern. But somehow end of the day u still feel tat u still short of someone.(Gf/Wife):D

Cheers!

popi824
25-07-2009, 07:50 PM
yo ..... frd ...... u write wrongly or u so confused ???

1 moment u said "i prefer married",then "i can stand 2 be alone" & finally "prefer some1 2 hug @ nite" .....

fyi,even if not married also k get some1 2 hug @ nite.
Likewise if married,it doesn't imply u will always hv some1 2 hug @ nite.

Haha...thats quite true in todays context...

popi824
25-07-2009, 07:51 PM
If you have the slightest bit of doubt ... don't marry!

i agree with you totally...:)

Sting
25-07-2009, 11:25 PM
I feel the same too as both of us here.
It is a question with different answer depend on individual.

For me,
Marriage is more like an suite of responsiblity and problems that are not face by single.

When married you need to take of your spouse and kids, beside that you need to take the feeling of your in law and family. Whether your spouse is comfortable with your family. As we are upbringing is different from one and other, we will sure to find somethings that we are not in common understanding.

Sometimes as a married person you can be touch by the things that your spouse do to you.
Especially when you are sick and unhappy, you can share with him or her.

As for single, when you are sick only your mum and dad will take care of you, sometimes bro and sis too. depsend on their family commitment too.

As a single, forever you cannot enjoy the feeling being parent and being proud for what your kid can achieve.

Overall it is a different level life. Everything comes with a price to pay.
You want freedom, you lost the feeling from being a parent. You want to feel like a parent, you need to give out your own time for the family.

yohooo
26-07-2009, 09:40 PM
personally, i feel the pasture on the other side is always greener.

single, u get lots of freedom, but lack the kind of feelings for some special one, one who u can hold up ur responsibilities to.

however, when u got married, u want freedom.

if we can get a married and yet single life, that'll be good, of course, that's a fat hope. :o

bochapsing
26-07-2009, 10:07 PM

single, u get lots of freedom, but lack the kind of feelings for some special one, one who u can hold up ur responsibilities to.

if we can get a married and yet single life, that'll be good, of course, that's a fat hope.

bro, u r rite...

people always feel tat pasture on the other side is always greener...

:D:D:D

goodpartner
26-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Technically, marriage in our modern society is but a contract between the 2 to stay committed, not forsake the other and live the vow for better or worst forever together.

While I agree that the above helps to make any breakup harder, any 2 singles can still live the above same life and vow given the same commitment. As long as we're human, it'll still come with string of problem and responsibility in both cases.

How many of us think that marriage is because you have been dating with someone and you loved him or her after a long time? Tired of switching another life time partner? Responsibility more than love.

This is not responsibility but stupidity. How "long time" can it be compare to the rest of the life together? My younger bro went thru it for "responsibility sake" but still end up divorce with a bad of mess eventually, but not after being together for another "long time" period. :rolleyes:

These are questions not only for singles nor married people - these are issues for anyone who has given their commitment to each other. So the issue is simply that of a trade-off - can't have the cake and eat it. It's a life choice everyone have to make, and consider ourselves lucky IF you're given the choice. Many do not...

cheongsan
26-07-2009, 10:19 PM
I am single and still prefer to be single. The "the other side of the pasture is always greener" mentality has still not made me want to settle down although I have many friends who are settled down with children and decent wives.

goodpartner
26-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Do You Prefer Single or Married?

Ultimately, this question need to be further qualified with a time element.

At different stages in our life, we'll prefer one over the other. Just that some people cycle through this two preferences multiple times in their life, while others are contended living the whole life being in one of the 2 status. The emphasis here is "contended" - else "human life not contented, snake swallow elephant, become a deity, still not fulfilling."

Perhaps the best combination is to look for a loving wife who is so understanding she allow you to eat-all-you-can outside as long as you remain as her equally loving husband and reponsible father :D

Or be a muslim and live in the country that allow you to keep a few wifes; if you care so much about having paper contract(s) ;)

tomvoyeur
26-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Marriage and having children are progresses in life.

Well - there is true or false answer on which is the better option for ppl. Individuals just have to decide which one suits them better - thats one of the reason why I find SGP govt too prescriptive in their social moulding.

Marriage does not automatically makes a person a better citizen or human being - not even statistically speaking.

Savanna
26-07-2009, 11:48 PM
When Married, and Business goes South, living together could sometimes be a Real Nightmare especially from Financial Burdens and Frequent Arguments!!!

I prefer being Single and have a Live-In GF instead!!! That way you still can Enjoy the Best of Both Worlds.

Oralcraz
27-07-2009, 11:43 AM

Pse allow me to add one more,
Before : Help you wash plate wash car wash shoes.
After : wash everything OWN SELF and help her wash plate wash toilet.

Oralcraz
27-07-2009, 11:51 AM
if we can get a married and yet single life, that'll be good, of course, that's a fat hope. :o

Actually not really FAT HOPE. M.B.A still can. Must know how to be discreet and proper schedule and planning. Also depends on the job/profession you are in.

billy_bonker
27-07-2009, 04:33 PM
if i had a choice all over again i'd choose to remain single.

jon2000sg
27-07-2009, 04:39 PM
single good when you are below 40.

once over 45, hard to get women

ol'coyote
27-07-2009, 05:51 PM
if i had a choice all over again i'd choose to remain single.

hmm...me wonder...
if me could have it all over again...
could me have the same kids me have now...
but change the MHA ?...or better still...no MHA ?...

cmelater
28-07-2009, 11:20 PM
My choice. Have money and remain a bachelor. Knn.... who can trust. Gals won't last long one. Once they are bored, they move on. The younger gals a lot so "outgoing". How to invest time, money and emotions in them?

I say IMPOSSIBLE lor. I really very pissed off sometimes. Say want to committed, but knn.... still courtship and still ask to buy things. I really dun understand y people want to spoil their image and leave behind a fugly memory. :rolleyes:

Mr Gary Ng not wrong. If I'm him, I would be pissed off too. Use my gtr go and play different gals until song.

fl saviour
29-07-2009, 12:47 AM

hahaha sibei correct!:D but my opinion is to have a partner is better lor, clothes no need to wash and iron, then after work go back home got food and soup then after tat try my best to have a bonk!:D imho nia

rokosickfredi
29-07-2009, 12:55 AM
IMHO:
Why own a cow when milk is cheap?? :p
Especially when you can have them in different flavours?? Or even 2 or 3 in 1 go?? :p:p

sin.is.fun0
29-07-2009, 01:52 AM
well i am married and its really hard to say..grass is always greener on the other side..while sex can be great as single (u can hunt ur own meal..no need to buy ;)) the care I get from my wife cant be replaced by anyone else..and trust me we married men also get enough opportunities to have fun though not as much as when i was single.
the other thing i notice is that as a married man i dont have to suck up to a girl as much to get in her as i had to when i was single..what do others think?
luckily i get to travel a lot so take a few chances here n there..some unnoticed fun on the side is harmless..rather helpful :)

Softcore
29-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Why do you need to get married to stay committed to someone? You can't trust yourself to not fool around without a legal contract? And if you'd rather have multiple trysts or flings, why bother getting married, burdening yourself with the responsibilities and issues that come along, and then gripe about it?

I'm not saying married men don't have their share of fun or joys; on the contrary it's probably better than what single men go through. What I don't get is the degree of complaining some men have. If you want to get married, know what you're getting into.