PDA

View Full Version : Get Tested Now - Cost of HIV testing to be increased in August 2009

AfA_hmor
13-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Bros,

For those of you still thinking about getting a HIV test, try to do so before August 2009.

Currently, the price is $20 for HIV test. This will be increased to $30 from 1 August 2009 onwards.

AfA_hmor
17-07-2009, 05:34 PM
A bump to remind Sammy Boys

Xdecepticon
19-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Govt should bear the increase so as to encourage bonkers to go for the test.

Flinger2
19-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Govt should bear the increase so as to encourage bonkers to go for the test.

Let me see, you don't mind paying the FL/sexworker 30 - over 100's of dollars to bonk.

But you want the Govt. to subside the mere 10 dollars increase for a single testing cost that can save your life. So you are not interested in your life, you want to Govt. to subside you to save your life??

????

Xdecepticon
20-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Let me see, you don't mind paying the FL/sexworker 30 - over 100's of dollars to bonk.

But you want the Govt. to subside the mere 10 dollars increase for a single testing cost that can save your life. So you are not interested in your life, you want to Govt. to subside you to save your life??

????

Of course my life is worth much more lah. Wat I am saying is "Hey, wats $10 to the govt? But it does meant alot to those low wage earners. This group oso need to release their urge especially if they r singles too. Y cant the govt absorb it?

Anyway, do u know those HIV medication are not even subsidize by our govt?? But the Thai govt does. Correct me if I am wrong?? So wats meek $10 to our 1st class govt??? And oso r u implying since those poor souls got HIV, they deserved it. So y should the govt subsidize the medication?????

peanut123
20-07-2009, 04:35 PM

????

Actually, there's nothing wrong with wanting a subsidy. It's after all, the gov's job to look after welfare of the public, in return for voting them in and paying taxes. I would guess going for health checks and tests are part of public welfare. The government and the public definitely gain from people who go for tests and gets detected early as possible, so its also for public good.

Note that I'm not saying that the gov MUST subsidize, but just that there is nothing wrong with asking for it. For me, I'll go checkup with or without the subsidy anyway.

AfA_hmor
21-07-2009, 09:10 PM
If you want subsidized, you can go to DSC clinic. The rates are like polyclinic rates.

Btw, there's free HIV testing coupons available. Look out for this particular AIDS education booklet. There's a free HIV testing coupon on the very last page. http://www.hpb.gov.sg/edumaterials/download.aspx?id=4346

Big Sexy
22-07-2009, 07:51 AM
mate...can we print out the couple and claim the free checkup or must we get the original one???

There's a free HIV testing coupon on the very last page. http://www.hpb.gov.sg/edumaterials/download.aspx?id=4346

AfA_hmor
26-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Have to use original.

codenamesnake
27-07-2009, 02:05 AM
govt muz encourage ppl to take these tests when necessary.....and not jus keep increasing prices for every damn thing in this nation...
knn.....seriously never knew they would do this for HIV screening test!
and i dun see their rational for this move...now somemore recession period.
although some ignorant ppl might say it's jus $10. but its still money ok.
it's the govt part to play a proper role in this and help ppl in things they need to help.
seriously feel...these days alot of things r getting out of hand. we r being made use of...and also neglected. i'm not just refering to the $10 increment.:mad:

Flinger2
27-07-2009, 07:05 PM
although some ignorant ppl might say it's jus $10. but its still money ok.
i

I am not for the increase, its not something I want also, but I don't understand the reasoning of many people here.

You are willing to pay 30 - 100's of dollars to visit a sex worker to satisfy your desire and some even give tips , go makan etc...etc..

But you are complaining of a 10 dollar increase on a test that can help you identify your status which can eventually save your life as well as others.

Instead of going to the sex worker , why don't you spent that money to get yourself checked 1st.

The other person said, encourage people to get tested by reducing the price.

I think the Govt should make more HIV/AIDS awareness and the need for proper condom usage and other much needed education then reduce the price.

If you are really so poor that you cannot afford that 10 dollar increase, I am sure you can get some welfare support. But I am sure, if u reduce your expenses for 10 dollars this month, you can get afford that extra 10 dollars to save your life.